XBOX 360 / PS3 controller working with the IIIs?

Forum to discuss the new Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 IIIS (bluetooth) Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

XBOX 360 / PS3 controller working with the IIIs?

Postby addisj » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Has anyone managed to get any controllers working with the IIIs?
addisj

Re: XBOX 360 / PS3 controller working with the IIIs?

Postby twjordo » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:51 pm

i am trying to locate one myself... hopefully someone will confirm a plug-n-play or bluetooth controller soon

gta3+droidmote ....not too good - would prefer hard-buttons (old skool) ;)
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby BlaDeKke » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:44 am

Hi guys, first post on this forum.

I have the IIIs now for a week, and i've rooted it this morning (yesterday morning as we speak :) )
First thing i tested, connecting a PS3 controller with sixaxis app on google play store.
It worked all fine, like on my galaxy note ;)

My root method:
How to ROOT Rikomagic MK802 III

I suggest you connect the Rikomagic MK802 III with your TV and your laptop together, so you can root it easily; we already tested to root Rikomagic MK802 III sucessfully with the following method:

Use the DC port to power on the Rikomagic MK802 III , and use the OTG Port to connect your Rikomagic MK802 III with your laptop.

1) Download Moborobo and unrar into a folder.
MoboroboSetup_V2.0.7.501(Moborobo_En_official)(1).rar

2) Download TPSarky-VonDroid-Root.zip and unzip into a folder.
TPSarky-VonDroid-Root.zip

3) Install Moborobo and open it

4) Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your Rikomagic MK802 III ( you should go to “setting” –”USB”–choose” connect to pc chooice” and then go to “Developer options”–open”USB debugging”choice)

5) Wait for Moborobo to see the device and install drivers. It will detect the device as Rikomagic MK802 III.

6)Run TPSparkyRoot.bat and follow the on-screen instructions.Your Rikomagic MK802 III will reboot 3 times during this process.(please remember, after each reboot, you should choose “connect to pc” every time in the Rikomagic MK802 III , if not, the root will be failed, that’s the reason why ask you to connect the Rikomagic MK802 III with TV and laptop together)When complete move on to the next step. (this root tool is based on the window n101 tablet, but please don’t worry,it can use on your tv stick, because they are the same chip)

7)Install SuperSU from Play Store.(If not installed in previous step)

8)Optional Install BusyBox from Play Store.
If all went well you should be rooted.

After rooted, you will see a app called” root explorer” in all of your apps, click that, you can manage all of the files and built-in apps, Please remember don’t delete any system apps, it will make your OS die. and if you are make sure some built-in app is useless, just open root explorer, choose ‘system” folder,and check” app” folder, then you will show all of the built-in app, remember to choose ” Mount R/O“ ,then you can choose the app you want to delete, click for a while (about 3-4 seconds), there will be a menu ask you to delete, copy or others, then you can do anything you want to do.

source:http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2012/10/26/rikomagic-mk802-iii-android-4-1-mini-pc-stick-unboxing-review-root-method-firmware-update/
BlaDeKke

Postby BlaDeKke » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:13 pm

Today i've played some games with the PS3 controller.
-GTA3 (plug n play)
-Beach Buggy Blitz (works when in settings handling is changed to controller)

All went fine, exept:
The internal bluetooth controller, with the MK802IIIS behind the TV, doesnt really work well.
max range 2,5m... with the tv in between, i didn't test it with a longer HDMI cable, that way the TV isn't a problem anymore :)
You can alse use an external bluetooth controller to connect a PS3 controller.
BlaDeKke

Postby twjordo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:18 pm

thanks for the great feedback ;) i cant wait to play gta3 :ugeek:
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby zulu99 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:05 pm

If you want use also multitouch games with your hardware controller, you can use DroidMote like in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM6W3Dq_yqQ

the touch profiles of sixaxis not work. the touch profiles of DroidMote work.
zulu99

Postby andykirby » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:53 pm

This is cool zulu, so does that mean you can plug the controller directly into the MK802III by USB too?
andykirby
Site Admin

Postby m_panah » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:33 pm

andykirby wrote:This is cool zulu, so does that mean you can plug the controller directly into the MK802III by USB too?

Wow,
Is it possible Zulu ?
m_panah

Postby m_panah » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:45 am

BlaDeKke wrote:...
I have the IIIs now for a week, and i've rooted it this morning (yesterday morning as we speak :) )
First thing i tested, connecting a PS3 controller with sixaxis app on google play store.
It worked all fine, like on my galaxy note ;)

Hi BlaDeKke
Please explain your steps more precisely.
Did you mean you didn't use any middleware software like droidmote, ... ?

thnx
m_panah

Postby zulu99 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:51 pm

andykirby wrote:This is cool zulu, so does that mean you can plug the controller directly into the MK802III by USB too?

The controller to your phone , and your phone via DroidMote Client became a proxy of your hardware controller. and you can play with all multi-touch games.

Attach the controller directly to mk802 III, is not a good idea, because many multi-touch games not support mouse actions on buttons menu, in some games you need multi-touch actions that you can made only with a multi-touch touchpad, because you not have a keyboard and so on.

So you do not ever stand up to go next to your TV, or have the hassle of a mouse and a physical keyboard. you can do all with your phone. ALL

THE HARDWARE CONTROLLER BECOMES AN EXTENSION OF YOUR PHONE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM6W3Dq_yqQ
zulu99

Next

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IIIS Forum