Wiimote control; USB/BT Joy Center 6, Joy2Touch Server

Forum to discuss the new Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 IIIS (bluetooth) Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: Wiimote control; USB/BT Joy Center 6, Joy2Touch Server

Postby hellvy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:32 am

hello, it's really great job you've done here :)

I'm interesting on using DualShock 3 joy pad with Sixaxis application. But we're suffering from lack of touch input on Mini PC so we can not use Siaxis's touch profile. Do you think your virtual touchscreen driver can use with Sixaxis application? So we can connect DualShock 3 with Mini PC and assign touch profile directly instead of using it via DroidMote.

If possible, could you please share some procedure and your driver source you're using to make this thing (actually i have plan to use it on UHost2 but i also have MK802IIIs in hand too)? I'm very exiting to try it :)
hellvy

Postby daemonium » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:02 am

Glad to see that!
I'm looking to get my usb gamepad working with joy2touch server so i can map buttons to "touch" actions. Can i do this with by using your virtual touchscreen module? Do i need to do anything else?

PD: I'm on 1.5 Finless Rom, Do i need to compile the module or can i copy and insmod yours?
PD2: Sorry 4 my english :P
daemonium

Postby daemonium » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Congrats :)
I'm in Finless rom and i want to use Joy2touch with my usb gamepad. Can you please share the code? I'm no dev but i will try to compile the module. :)
daemonium

Postby rartino » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:30 pm

There is now a working howto! See here: http://www.dewmill.com/rikomagic.html

I updated the top post to help people looking for information.

I still have one remaining issue. About 50% of the times the touchscreen orientation is identified incorrectly by android, so the X and Y axes are swapped. I'm not sure what it is that sets touchscreen orientation, so I have yet to figure out how to deal with it. The workaround is just to keep trying until android gets it right.
rartino

Postby zulu99 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:11 pm

now with DroidMote you can use touch profiles with your hardware controller directly, without any other app.

like in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM6W3Dq_yqQ

and is very very simple, not a long page of explanations :)

attach your controller to your phone (if it is compatible with your phone)
select a touch profile and play.
zulu99

Postby rartino » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:33 pm

hellvy wrote:I'm interesting on using DualShock 3 joy pad with Sixaxis application. But we're suffering from lack of touch input on Mini PC so we can not use Siaxis's touch profile. Do you think your virtual touchscreen driver can use with Sixaxis application? So we can connect DualShock 3 with Mini PC and assign touch profile directly instead of using it via DroidMote.

If possible, could you please share some procedure and your driver source you're using to make this thing (actually i have plan to use it on UHost2 but i also have MK802IIIs in hand too)? I'm very exiting to try it :)

It may work, depends on how sixaxis injects events. If you want to try, the source is on the how-to page (look at the very bottom, in the comments; haven't added it to the page yet).

daemonium wrote:I'm looking to get my usb gamepad working with joy2touch server so i can map buttons to "touch" actions. Can i do this with by using your virtual touchscreen module? Do i need to do anything else?

Technically, my kernel module + USB/BT Joy center + Joy2touch should be enough. However, to actually configure the touch events, you may need proper touch actions on the display - I'm actually not sure how that will work via the virtual touchscreen. Again, the source is at the very bottom of the how-to page (in the comments). You probably need to recompile, but you can try to load the binary module first, if insmod gives you no errors and you see a line about virtual touchscreen at the very end of 'dmesg', you are fine. If you try it out and have trouble, let us know.

zulu99 wrote:now with DroidMote you can use touch profiles with your hardware controller directly, without any other app.

I'm sure DroidMote is fine software for what it does. But, I don't see how it gives you Wiimote IR input. Also, I prefer not to need my phone around every time I use my media center.
rartino

Postby zulu99 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:24 pm

my response is for the people that want use ps3 controller with touch profile.

instead for you:
for all other functions that you you could do (but you can't) with Wiimote IR input, in DroidMote you have a real multitouch touchpad (rotate zoom swipe etc.) and the accelerometer. (for many games) +touch profiles and real controller.

but out of curiosity, what are you supposed to do with the wiimote ?

you not prefer the phone and prefer a wiimote ? I did not understand. :roll:
zulu99

Postby rartino » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:01 pm

zulu99 wrote:but out of curiosity, what are you supposed to do with the wiimote ?

you not prefer the phone and prefer a wiimote ? I did not understand. :roll:

I want to use the wiimote to:

1. Let me, family, visitors, control my media center with the best mouse-equivalent for TVs there is. I just need to have a wiimote on the living room table. Anyone can pick it up, point and click to chose a movie and play it. Nothing to learn, very intuitive. No need to pass around anyone's phone, start an app on it, and then instruct people on how to use it.

2. Play (and let others play) causal games of the point, click, drag variety. Think: cut the rope, fruit ninja, angry birds with an input interface they are used to.
rartino

Postby hellvy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:32 am

hello, just to update my test with your virtual touchscreen driver with Sixaxis Controller.

My device is Probox2 aka UHost2. The Official firmware has virtual touch screen built in so Sixaxis work out of the box (i havne't notice this before so i just wasting my time until your work showed up). I also have MK802IIIs in hand but i didn't test it because it can't play some games i want right now (Let's golf 3 = just back to home screen, Asphalt 7 Heat = license check loop). Even on UHost2, Let's golf 3 also can't play with same result but Asphalt 7 is working.

But i have tried Fineless 1.5 ROM for MK808B which modified from MK808B's Official FW on my UHost2 and found out that it doesn't have virtual touch screen driver. But with your virtual touch screen driver Sixaxis seems to work fine :) I just tested it for a short time with game Death Dome and back to Official UHost2 FW because on Finless ROM it can't play Asphalt 7 (license check loop). Let's Golf 3 can run but looks like screen size isn't right and cause incorrect button position on screen.

So at this point i can confirm that your touch screen driver can use with Sixaxis Controller to enable touch profile on device that not have hardware touch screen. But according to your screen orientation bug i can't confirm if it exist with Sixaxis for now. If you or others prefer more info or testing on Sixaxis + MK802IIIs + your driver, i can test with my available resource (the games i currently purchased)

For me, your virtual touch screen driver is a huge enhancement in gaming area for android mini pc. i think there're many users that suffer from lack of touch profile on Sixaxis Controller like me. i'd like to see your driver to be known by other users that have difference devices but may support your driver so they're more happy with thier devices :)
hellvy

Postby rartino » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:43 pm

Thanks for the praise :). It would be helpful to know if you ever see the orientation bug with sixaxis, because I have so far not found the origin of that issue. If it never happens with sixaxis, that tells me this is likely a bug with joy2touch, if you do see it, the problem is likely a misunderstanding between the driver and android.

If we are reasonably sure the driver doesn't introduce any issues, I would be happy to see it adopted by the people who prepare the firmwares for these units, and loaded per default. It seems there is quite a bit of software on android which expects to find a touchscreen.
rartino

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IIIS Forum