Forum to discuss the new Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 IIIS (bluetooth) Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: Wiimote control; USB/BT Joy Center 6, Joy2Touch Server

Postby hellvy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Hello, i've tested your driver for screen orientation bug with this step,

- Install app Touch Screen Test from play store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... m.cp.stest

- insmod your driver

- Create Sixaxis touch profile, add analog stick and some buttons, enable that profile.

- Connect dual shock, open app Touch Screen Test

- Try moving analog stick

- Reboot device

I repeated above step about ten times and the analog stick movement are all the same direction. But i have to change screen orientation in Sixaxis touch mode setting from 0 degree to 90 degree to make it match current screen orientation. With UHost2's default virtual touch screen driver, i don't have to change screen orientation setting.

According to my test, I personally presume that your driver may have screen orientation issue, but it's not change screen orientation back and forth just like you found. If you want me to test with alternative procedure, pls tell me your procedure and i'll test it if i could.

The other thing i notice is, with your driver, Sixaxis message will display

Driver Starting...
Touch emulation (Type B):0 1920 1080

while on UHost2, it will display

Driver Starting...
Touch emulation (Type A):0 1280 720

That's all i can tell :)
hellvy

Postby rartino » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:42 pm

Many thanks for testing! This is very helpful.

The thing is, I cannot find anything inside the driver that selects orientation; I can't just switch x for y. The /dev/input/event* basically just acts as a proxy for sixaxis or touch2joy to inject their events, with whichever orientation they chose. The core issue is to get the orientation to match between sixaxis/touch2joy and Android's view of the (virtual) touchscreen. Androids view can be set with a .idc file, but I would rather have this be detected automatically. And an .idc file will likely not help with the random orientation seen in touch2joy.

The fact that you do not see the changing orientation in sixaxis points to some kind of dodgy orientation detection inside joy2touch.

As for the difference between UHost2 and my driver on the MK802IIIS, if you are comparing different devices, they may be reporting orientation differently, making things work better in UHost2.
rartino

Postby hellvy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:13 am

rartino wrote:...
As for the difference between UHost2 and my driver on the MK802IIIS, if you are comparing different devices, they may be reporting orientation differently, making things work better in UHost2.

You're right, i've tried finless ROM yesterday hoping to find some different result. But ending with the same :|

I tried adding Sixaxis touch profile on MK802IIIs. When i add screen shot for background mapping. I found that the background orientation change to portrait with the head on the left side of the screen. Even though we can change background orientation but it seems that screen orientation of MK802IIIs was detected differently.

I also looked at build.prop of MK802IIIs and UHost2 and found these 2 options,

on MK802IIIs
ro.sf.fakerotation=true
ro.sf.hwrotation=270

on UHost2
ro.sf.fakerotation=false
ro.sf.hwrotation=0

I've tired changing MK802IIIS options to looks like UHost2. The result is portrait mode with the head on the right side of screen. Any screen orientation apps didn't help either. Other thing i can tell is UHost2 has screen orientation option (ICS 4.0) in display/screen setting but MK802IIIs (JB 4.1) doesn't have. I've tried UHost2's JB firmware which just released yet.

That's all i've tried so far. I'd like to take my word back about your driver has orientation issue. May be the issue come from firmware or hardware this time. I wonder if we can make MK802IIIs display in landscape with ro.sf.fakerotation=false and ro.sf.hwrotation=0 options. It would make Sixaxis and your driver working correctly or not.
hellvy

Postby plumkin » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:39 pm

I try entering to link (http://www.dewmill.com/rikomagic.html) for downloading virtual_touchscreen.ko.
Now, it seems domain is down. Did anyone still have virtual_touchscreen.ko? Please upload it.

Thank you.
plumkin

Postby hellvy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:16 pm

plumkin wrote:I try entering to link (http://www.dewmill.com/rikomagic.html) for downloading virtual_touchscreen.ko.
Now, it seems domain is down. Did anyone still have virtual_touchscreen.ko? Please upload it.

Thank you.

here you go :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?l4w96dx16jg4hep

Just a little update. I've tried JB 4.1.1 on UHost2 and the screen orientation is the same as MK802IIIs (270 degree). So for Sixaxis i need to set screen orientation to -90 degree to make it work properly. I also use Finless 1.5 ROM for iMito MX1 so i can use init.d screipt to load your driver automatically :)

But there's (always) a problem. With 1080 version of Finless ROM make a good viewing on full HD TV. The game graphic looks much better than 720p version of UHost2 ROM. But when i start a game like Asphalt 7, the Sixaxis service is stop so i can't use joypad for playing game :x

I don't want to struggle with it right now so i just leave MK802IIIs and playing with UHost 2 for a while.
hellvy

Postby nikeaway » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:48 am

hi i've just downloaded "virtual_touchpad.tts.ko" and put it into system/ lib/ modules/ . After reboot joy2touch still says " no touchscreen" . I'm on ug802 finless rom 1.7.
what do i have to do?
nikeaway

Postby hellvy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:08 pm

nikeaway wrote:hi i've just downloaded "virtual_touchpad.tts.ko" and put it into system/ lib/ modules/ . After reboot joy2touch still says " no touchscreen" . I'm on ug802 finless rom 1.7.
what do i have to do?

You have to load the driver manually with insmod command, or automatic load with init.d script.

Heres's what i did to automatic load it..

- download virtual_touchpad.tts.ko and put it it /data/local dir

- create file 99modules with this content

#!/system/bin/sh
insmod /data/local/virtual_touchpad.tts.ko

- mount /system dir to r/w

- put file 99modules in /system/etc/init.d/

- change mode file /system/etc/init.d/99modules to everyone execute
hellvy

Postby nikeaway » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:08 pm

hellvy wrote:
nikeaway wrote:hi i've just downloaded "virtual_touchpad.tts.ko" and put it into system/ lib/ modules/ . After reboot joy2touch still says " no touchscreen" . I'm on ug802 finless rom 1.7.
what do i have to do?

You have to load the driver manually with insmod command, or automatic load with init.d script.

Heres's what i did to automatic load it..

- download virtual_touchpad.tts.ko and put it it /data/local dir

- create file 99modules with this content

#!/system/bin/sh
insmod /data/local/virtual_touchpad.tts.ko

Unfortunately it doesn't work... still "no touchscreen" on usb/bt joycenter....can it is a compatibility issue with ug802?I've done all right and my rom supports init.d script ...i've tested a script one day ago and worked...can you help me? I tried everything and only with one "method" i can start joy2touch server: I connect another device to my droidmote server and then usb/bt joy2touch server starts it says "real keyboard real mouse virtual mouse found" but in edit mode i cant map buttons...Help me please i'm going crazy

- mount /system dir to r/w

- put file 99modules in /system/etc/init.d/

- change mode file /system/etc/init.d/99modules to everyone execute
nikeaway

Postby hellvy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:36 am

nikeaway wrote:...
Unfortunately it doesn't work... still "no touchscreen" on usb/bt joycenter....

Have you tried loading module manually with insmod command and check that the module is load successfully with lsmod command?
hellvy

Postby DavidR » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:43 pm

Hello there, I've tried to use this metod , however the insmod fails to load the driver (tried it manually) and the insmod cmd give me error: Can't open virtual_touchpad.tts.ko even though I changethe permission to rwx for everything. I'm running stock 4.1.1 Android on Rikomagic III. Thx for your help.
DavidR

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IIIS Forum