Wiimote control; USB/BT Joy Center 6, Joy2Touch Server

Forum to discuss the new Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 IIIS (bluetooth) Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: Wiimote control; USB/BT Joy Center 6, Joy2Touch Server

Postby hellvy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:48 pm

Looks like ratino's page still down until now. For those who interest in his article, i just happen to have the copy of his article in pdf format here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jzq6t1jmc88s55v

I hope ratino don't mind for my sharing of his article :)
hellvy
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:52 am

Re: Wiimote control; USB/BT Joy Center 6, Joy2Touch Server

Postby DavidR » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:07 pm

OK, so I've managed to make it work :-) but since i don't have the remote, it's a bit useless for me (need to borrow some xbox 360 remote), I only have wireless mouse and keyboard... Is there a solution for me? To make mouse and keyboard work in games like Shadowgun deadzone? But i guess its limited, because the mouse is acting like a touch device...
DavidR
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Re: Wiimote control; USB/BT Joy Center 6, Joy2Touch Server

Postby hellvy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:56 pm

DavidR wrote:Hello there, I've tried to use this metod , however the insmod fails to load the driver (tried it manually) and the insmod cmd give me error: Can't open virtual_touchpad.tts.ko even though I changethe permission to rwx for everything. I'm running stock 4.1.1 Android on Rikomagic III. Thx for your help.

Have you become root by issue su command first? If you already did, pls make sure that you type the correct path to virtual_touchpad.tts.ko. I don't remeber it well, but i think i successfully load this driver on every rom i've tried including stock mk802IIs rom.
hellvy
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:52 am

Re: Wiimote control; USB/BT Joy Center 6, Joy2Touch Server

Postby zulu99 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:41 pm

DavidR wrote:OK, so I've managed to make it work :-) but since i don't have the remote, it's a bit useless for me (need to borrow some xbox 360 remote), I only have wireless mouse and keyboard... Is there a solution for me? To make mouse and keyboard work in games like Shadowgun deadzone? But i guess its limited, because the mouse is acting like a touch device...


Finally someone who understands the problem. good.

Many games not support mouse actions, many games need free style multi-touch actions with a multi-touch touchpad or you can't continue the game. Map all menu buttons of a game is not usefull, map only the in-game action is easiest. For swith between touch profile you need a mouse. etc. etc. etc.


The perfect solution for multi-touch-only games is that you load touch profiles on tour phone, and the controller became an extention of your phone.
In this mode you have mouse, touchmouse, multi-touch actions, keyboard , hardware controller and you can do all without raising his ass from the chair.

now you can understand why I always recommend DroidMote ? like in this video ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM6W3Dq_yqQ

if it was been useful, I would put the touch profile directly on DroidMote Server and not on DroidMote Client. And you can use only DroidMote Server with your hardware controller to play multi-touch-only games. But this is not usefull. Is clear ?

sorry for the interruption of your speeches. good continuation.
Last edited by zulu99 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
zulu99
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:38 am

Re: Wiimote control; USB/BT Joy Center 6, Joy2Touch Server

Postby rartino » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:42 pm

Sorry for the silence, and website issues. The website should be up and running again now (cheap VPS hosting ftw); many thanks to hellvy for helping people out with a copy.

@DavidR Glad to hear that you got it working. Why can't you just use the mouse without even the touch driver? In my MK802IIIS connecting a mouse give me a mouse pointer that works in most (if not all) apps.

Regarding the orientation issue, after looking through the options, I think the only things that can be done are:
1. Get a switch x/y option into joy2touch (would be great, but is out of my hands) and for every reboot play with it until things work.
or
2. Using an .idc file. Maybe things start working if we just declare the orientation correctly. However, if the direction really need to be different each reboot, then perhaps we could try to figure out which direction it needs to be in, and then auto-generate an idc with the right orientation before loading the module.
rartino
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:00 am

Re: Wiimote control; USB/BT Joy Center 6, Joy2Touch Server

Postby nikeaway » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:24 am

hellvy wrote:
nikeaway wrote:...
Unfortunately it doesn't work... still "no touchscreen" on usb/bt joycenter....
...

Have you tried loading module manually with insmod command and check that the module is load successfully with lsmod command?


Yes..with ismod it says that the module works.. but ..it doesn't.....:( .... ug802 is not compatible?
nikeaway
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:40 am

Re: Wiimote control; USB/BT Joy Center 6, Joy2Touch Server

Postby DavidR » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:59 pm

hellvy wrote:
DavidR wrote:Hello there, I've tried to use this metod , however the insmod fails to load the driver (tried it manually) and the insmod cmd give me error: Can't open virtual_touchpad.tts.ko even though I changethe permission to rwx for everything. I'm running stock 4.1.1 Android on Rikomagic III. Thx for your help.

Have you become root by issue su command first? If you already did, pls make sure that you type the correct path to virtual_touchpad.tts.ko. I don't remeber it well, but i think i successfully load this driver on every rom i've tried including stock mk802IIs rom.


Yes, I did used the SU cmd first, but got it working by moving the file to root folder ;-)

zulu99 wrote:
DavidR wrote:OK, so I've managed to make it work :-) but since i don't have the remote, it's a bit useless for me (need to borrow some xbox 360 remote), I only have wireless mouse and keyboard... Is there a solution for me? To make mouse and keyboard work in games like Shadowgun deadzone? But i guess its limited, because the mouse is acting like a touch device...


Finally someone who understands the problem. good.

Many games not support mouse actions, many games need free style multi-touch actions with a multi-touch touchpad or you can't continue the game. Map all menu buttons of a game is not usefull, map only the in-game action is easiest. For swith between touch profile you need a mouse. etc. etc. etc.


The perfect solution for multi-touch-only games is that you load touch profiles on tour phone, and the controller became an extention of your phone.
In this mode you have mouse, touchmouse, multi-touch actions, keyboard , hardware controller and you can do all without raising his ass from the chair.

now you can understand why I always recommend DroidMote ? like in this video ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM6W3Dq_yqQ

if it was been useful, I would put the touch profile directly on DroidMote Server and not on DroidMote Client. And you can use only DroidMote Server with your hardware controller to play multi-touch-only games. But this is not usefull. Is clear ?

sorry for the interruption of your speeches. good continuation.


Unfortunatly I don't have access to android cellphone or multi-touch touch pad (darn it!), that makes this quite hard for me...

rartino wrote:@DavidR Glad to hear that you got it working. Why can't you just use the mouse without even the touch driver? In my MK802IIIS connecting a mouse give me a mouse pointer that works in most (if not all) apps.


My mouse is working normally, even without the driver ;-) My problem is, that the mouse is not working in games like shadowgun deadzone...

So far, if I understand this corretcly, you can't use mouse in game menus (eg. SG: Deadzone), because its not an "free-style" multitouch device... So my question is: Can we interpret mouse click as real touch events? As the same we faked the touch screen for Touch2Joy?

I'm really interested in this and probably as soon i get a hand on a xbox360 controller, I'll fiddle around with it and start a website to help people to use their Rikomagic III/IIIs to maximum! :-)
DavidR
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Re: Wiimote control; USB/BT Joy Center 6, Joy2Touch Server

Postby zulu99 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:57 pm

For Shadowgun Deadzone look this. This video was not made ​​by me, but by some users.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=fkYX58L37ps
zulu99
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:38 am

Re: Wiimote control; USB/BT Joy Center 6, Joy2Touch Server

Postby ricont » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:09 am

I want to use the wiimote to:

1. Let me, family, visitors, control my media center with the best mouse-equivalent for TVs there is. I just need to have a wiimote on the living room table. Anyone can pick it up, point and click to chose a movie and play it. Nothing to learn, very intuitive. No need to pass around anyone's phone, start an app on it, and then instruct people on how to use it.

2. Play (and let others play) causal games of the point, click, drag variety. Think: cut the rope, fruit ninja, angry birds with an input interface they are used to.[/quote]

Hi Ratino,
Very good work there, Me too I like to use the Wii mote, I agree the way you look at how to control the media center, the simple the better.
I hope you can update and share more information on How to make this useful to other people who are "noob" like me.
Looking forward to see your latest set up.

Thank you
ricont
ricont
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:47 am

Re: Wiimote control; USB/BT Joy Center 6, Joy2Touch Server

Postby vi0oss » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:38 pm

Nice to see somebody actually using my "virtual_touchscreen".

Questions, problems or suggestins are welcome on the Github issues page.

P.S. found this forum using new Github's feature: traffic counter with a list of referers.
vi0oss
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Previous

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IIIS Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests