MK802IIIS Flash Recovery/Upgrade Guide

Forum to discuss the new Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 IIIS (bluetooth) Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: MK802IIIS Flash Recovery/Upgrade Guide

Postby steinhhj » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:29 pm

Dont blame Rikomagic for what are Microsoft Windows problems!
You have to manually install the right driver. For me with Windows7 Starter, I had to let Windows make a stupid attempt to install a driver, after I could use the Control panel and change to the correct driver.

But we can ask Rikomagic why so many faces boot problems after relatively short time!
steinhhj

Postby idroj » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:50 pm

Trying many times flash recovery, the micro usb that energizes has separated from the rest and the micro usb OTG has also been moving so the connection fails. I do not think that is fixable, with ongoing software failures with many manipulations to break elements (micro usb, button recovery,...). Do not recommend to anyone I'll throw the stick away.
idroj

Postby chuck2013 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:57 pm

idroj wrote:Trying many times flash recovery, the micro usb that energizes has separated from the rest and the micro usb OTG has also been moving so the connection fails. I do not think that is fixable, with ongoing software failures with many manipulations to break elements (micro usb, button recovery,...). Do not recommend to anyone I'll throw the stick away.

i agree with you the product is junk, support is nonexistent and i highly recommend to all buyers to look elsewhere for a streaming video device. mine did not work at all and attempts to flash do not work. Something is wrong with the driver, i do not know what, but with the seller shipping from china returns are not an option. again to all who read this forum avoid this garbage product.
chuck2013

Postby deejayda » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:19 am

Hi, i buy this product, because i read, that this company has a good post service, but for the complains, i must understand that the service its not good.
I buy this stick and i have the mac issue and the slow wifi connection, that i cannot watch movies mkv with out problems. i download from the official page the file Rikomagic MK802IIIS 8GB + Bluetooth Recovery Software (20130121).,,, and i want to upgrade the firmware, but the img file didt work. Why i am doing wrong? :geek:
Can i upgrade the firmware in that way or i have to do with the complicate way? The stick its working,, but i want to solve this 2 issues. Thanks
deejayda

Postby chiefperra » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Hi guys,
I find it sad that so many are having problems with their MK802IIIS usb-drivers.
During my Flash recovery upgrade I noticed that my laptop (Windows 7) had problems to recognize the new usb device. I went in to Computer Management in Windows 7 and then in to Device Manager. I searched for yellow marked USB devices. And...yes I found one. I clicked on the faulty USB device and then I clicked on Driver. After that I uninstalled the driver. Then I disconnected the MK802IIIS. After this I made the reset-procedure again. At this time my laptop asked for the drivers for an unknown device. I chosed the driver that came with the Flash Recovery Update from Rikomagic. Then my MK802IIIS was recognised by my laptop. After that it was just to follow Andys Upgrade Guide.
I don't have any problems with my WiFi or my Bluetooth. Have been running external keyboard, bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Streaming pictures, music and videos from my laptop without any problems. Well... higher resolution videos doesn't work so good, but good enough for me.

So my advice is....follow the guide step by step. And...don't give up!!
chiefperra

Postby hyperlogos » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:55 am

Pretty easy to do. On the first try it didn't detect right but then it did. Here's what I did.

1. unpack 0121-IIIS8B.zip to desktop in vmware, xp32 on 64 bit linux host
2. stick micro SD card into the side of the mk802 IIIs to press the button, WORKS GREAT. You're welcome.
3. connect cable to usb-otg port.
4. connect usb device to virtual machine (without vmware, just plug it in)
5. install driver included in zip (worked on the second try of 1-4. probably would have worked on first try without vmware)
6. run flasher and click restore

After flashing, bluetooth range seems improved, is that possible? But scan for devices doesn't work any more.
I'm not even trying wifi right now. My Trend USB to ethernet is still working. No reboot problems or similar, market works fine. Can't use keyboard in Chrome, so that's worthless...
hyperlogos

Postby twjordo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:40 am

hyperlogos wrote:Pretty easy to do. On the first try it didn't detect right but then it did. Here's what I did.

1. unpack 0121-IIIS8B.zip to desktop in vmware, xp32 on 64 bit linux host
2. stick micro SD card into the side of the mk802 IIIs to press the button, WORKS GREAT. You're welcome.
3. connect cable to usb-otg port.
4. connect usb device to virtual machine (without vmware, just plug it in)
5. install driver included in zip (worked on the second try of 1-4. probably would have worked on first try without vmware)
6. run flasher and click restore

After flashing, bluetooth range seems improved, is that possible? But scan for devices doesn't work any more.
I'm not even trying wifi right now. My Trend USB to ethernet is still working. No reboot problems or similar, market works fine. Can't use keyboard in Chrome, so that's worthless...

same device you started a topic called "seriously" ?????? i am moderating your posts and i hope you got your issues resolved- otherwise as i said in other topic - bug off

i am truly hoping that you came to the forum and did some reading and research as most ppl do at a forum and learned a bit - then made this post and your other post was you being ignorant. :ugeek:
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby MiChAeLoKGB » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:10 am

IDK, but all drivers that I downloaded aren't for the MK 802 III S + BT

MY USB ID:
usb vid_18D1&pid_D001&rev_0222

There is no device in drivers with this ID. I tried to install them anyway. Everything I got was only a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD).
MiChAeLoKGB

Postby wagno.santana » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:57 am

HI, guys could update my mk802IIIS, after much sacrifice to make my windows recognize the device.
Next is to work had to juggle, you guys should follow this tutorial at the beginning of this blog to the letter pe, when it arrives at the opening where the program RKBatchTool the first square should be green, if you do not press the switch, the manager windows will be unknown driver, with the the program RKBatchTool still open, you should inform the driver where he certinho dentrao this folder RKBatchTool1.5en/Drivere sends locate the windows will send a message to successfully install mode, go up to the program the square should be green so there pushes the button upgrade.

attention so I could refresh after button turned green, if you was not going to have to give up her driver and try again.

guys are so posting this because I spent over 5 hours trying to update my firmaware because mk802IIIS was an infinite loop and not leave the screen, I know that anger spent to upgrade is quite boring, but in the end everything worked out, I hope it helped here a bit of experience I had with this device, until it quite useful, but it is lacking support from staff of Rikomagic.

looks I can try to help explain the way I did if someone is not getting the email waguinho_krak_@hotmail.com
I am Brazilian, Brazilian not ever quit. it was to vent the same perrenga I spent. earned
wagno.santana

Postby Roman » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:55 am

Hello, everyone!
I just received my new MK802IIIs and tried to flash it with the latest firmware in a way described in this guide.
The process was unsuccessful and my device seems to be bricked - no video output and not recognized by PC when I'm trying to repeat the procedure.
Is there anything that can be done?
Roman

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IIIS Forum