How do I get Audio out?

Forum to discuss the new Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 IIIS (bluetooth) Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

How do I get Audio out?

Postby DaveC » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:49 am

Hello all….

Just got one of these, so far I am quite impressed with the whole thing, all working fine, connected to the wifi no probs and can install apps etc….

One thing I have the problem with, no audio. Now the monitor I am using does not have any audio built in, it’s just a PC monitor.

So, what options do I have in getting the audio out, can it be split out from the HDMI with some sort of adapter, should I get some USB speakers, or is there another way?

Thanks

Dave
DaveC

Re: How do I get Audio out?

Postby smallj53 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi there,

I am in the process of working this out myself. I tried a little usb headset dongle with standard 3.5 millimeter jacks and my 802IIIs recognized it in the sound settings but no sound came out of it. So I have ordered this from ebay:

HDMI audio decoder Converter digital audio embedded HDMI to analog stereo audio (Do a search in ebay to find it)

For about 20 dollars it takes the hdmi signal and grabs the sound and converts it to standard audio via rca jacks. If you need video too there are more expensive models using this same basic idea available. I don't have the links but google "hdmi converter" and you should get some gear to try.

I haven't actually tried any of this stuff so proceed at your own risk!
smallj53

Postby Newman » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:24 pm

Newman

Postby MK802_II_S » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi,

I tried both ways:
- HDMI Audio Extractor (ViewHD Premium HDMI to HDMI + Audio (SPDIF + RCA L / R) Audio Extractor | Converter
- USB Sound Card - (Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro)

but both with no full success.

HDMI Audio Extractor - it works but from time to time (randomly) screen became green (Android is still responsive) - and to remove this issue reboot is required. And one more thing, when this device is connnecte with my TV, HDMI CEC stop working at all - on every HDMI port.
USB Sound Card - it is weird but it works only for 1st song/sound, when 1st sound/song is finished Android freezes and hard reboot is required
MK802_II_S

Postby rieser » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:34 pm

I use the Behringer UCA 202 - it´s a cheap DAC with good sound
rieser

Postby Neill_R » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:28 pm

I am using a Trust wireless head set by Trust with its own USB dongle
Neill_R

Postby rikomagiciii » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:50 am

Use HDMI to VGA converter with audio it Woking well I'm using it I had no proplem with audio you can buy it from eBay. I hope you get you answer
rikomagiciii

Postby Eihtjay » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:27 pm

does the monitor have optical port?, try connecting a surround system. ( home theatre system )
worked for me!!
Eihtjay

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IIIS Forum