Android 4.2 software available for dual core mini pc

Forum to discuss the new Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 IIIS (bluetooth) Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: Android 4.2 software available for dual core mini pc

Postby chateau » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:36 pm

rdzescudero wrote:I have updated the stick to the new version 4.2, I have a phone htc desire x with android 4.1 and now does not work the remote control software, the Rikomagic restarts when I use it. with the previous version 4.1 of Rikomagic not happening.

I think you have to install the 4.2 version of Remote Client on your HTC Desire. Link http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_24_1.html
chateau

Postby mdpinamar » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:32 pm

I had no problem as we all discussed in the forum. as signal loss on your wifi or bluetooth and problems on netflix. until today that I can think of update., this day install version 4.2 to my riko-IIIs and I'm experiencing something strange about netflix. at times pixelated and returns to normal I can not know when that will occur is random.
minutes before updating to this version, was using netflix with no problem, on the same adsl connection, the same wifi router, the same signal intensity (excellent-150mb)???? is strange that everything works out normally. I'll keep trying, if this continues surely volvere to the old version.
sorry for the translation I'm using the google translator
---------------------------------------------------
no tuve ningún problema como los que todos comentan en el foro. como perdidas de señal en su wifi o bluetooth y problemas sobre netflix. hasta hoy que se me ocurre actualizarlo., instale el dia de hoy la versión 4.2 para mi riko-IIIS y estoy experimentando algo extraño sobre netflix. por momentos se pixela y vuelve a la normalidad no puedo saber cuando va ocurrir por que es aleatorio.
minutos antes de actualizarlo a esta versión, estaba usando netflix sin ningun problema, sobre la misma conexion de adsl, el mismo router de wifi, la misma intensidad de señal (exelente -150mb), ???? es algo extraño fuera de eso todo funciona normalmente. lo seguire probando, si esto continua seguramente volvere a la antigua versión.
mdpinamar

Postby jbpanache » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:58 am

"http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_24_1.html" RKM remote client for III/IIIS/IV(Android 4.2 system) apk download link redirects to "http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/mfjtb9" which says

"Sorry, the file you requested is not available."
jbpanache

Postby jbpanache » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:35 am

jbpanache wrote:"http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_24_1.html" RKM remote client for III/IIIS/IV(Android 4.2 system) apk download link redirects to "http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/mfjtb9" which says

"Sorry, the file you requested is not available."

somehow, i was able to get the new apk from my previous backup...now, it couldn't find my TV...could anyone pls help...
apk version is "RKM remote 2.0.1"
jbpanache

Postby blackk » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:47 am

Cristi wrote:- Speedy, smooth (at least without apps installed). Laggy with apps.
- WiDi/Miracast with Nexus 4 works (very slowly)
- New remote app works
- Boots faster
- WiFi works (as before) but very week
- Ethernet works very slow
- Bluetooth works ok
- 1.48 GB app partition (up from 1.23)
- Users doesn't seem to work (resets the device)
- Forget about streaming, only local video.

Reverting back until a more stable release is made available.

- Laggy transitions, opening apps.
Wifi weak can be solved: Disable the option to save battery with wifi (Wifi -> Advanced).
Ethernet can be a problem with the usb adapter or usb cable itself (use extension usb cable in version 3.0).

[OFF TOPIC]
D-Link G Router recommended using the following settings in Wifi:
Wireless - Advanced:
Channel: Test one by one until you find the one that best transmit speed (here 10 was better).
54g Rate: 12 Mbps
Multicast Rate: 12 Mbps
Basic Rate: Default
XPress Technology: Disabled
54g Mode: 54g Perfomance
54g Protection: Off
Remember to update your firmware, and test each of the phone operators, and see which is best for you.
blackk

Postby Mather » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:54 am

I know about the “http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_18_1.html”

Have been unable to download, so I find this area of the site (China), which is a network disk download mode

"Http:\/\/www.rikomagic.com\/download\/do_1.html"

MK802IIIS (BT)Android 4.2 software Download address : http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid ... 3056211276

MK802IIIS Android 4.2 software Download address: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid ... 3056211276

You should click,【下载(223.63M)】

Thank you, I am a Chinese native, it seems this equipment in China is not very hot, so I come to this forum. If the problem can send 409915016@qq.com to my mailbox
Mather

Postby Cristi » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:50 pm

[OFF TOPIC]
D-Link G Router recommended using the following settings in Wifi:
Wireless - Advanced:
Channel: Test one by one until you find the one that best transmit speed (here 10 was better).
54g Rate: 12 Mbps
Multicast Rate: 12 Mbps
Basic Rate: Default
XPress Technology: Disabled
54g Mode: 54g Perfomance
54g Protection: Off
Remember to update your firmware, and test each of the phone operators, and see which is best for you.[/quote]

12 Mbps is not enough for 1080p streaming, even 720p in some cases requires more.
Cristi

Postby blackk » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:25 pm

It is specifically to D-Link G Router DSL2640B. 12 Mbps is a limitation of the product. It is the best result obtained with these settings. It may work on other devices with this problem. Before configuring, was 1 Mbps ~ 3 Mbps.
blackk

Postby mdpinamar » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:39 pm

I tested more thoroughly the 4.2 version. works more smoothly. Internet browsing more fluid.
but. the NETFLIX application works very poorly.
audio runs out, you have to restart the application to run continuously, the picture becomes rainy, sometimes also generates screenshots of another color.
finding ..... after not seeing a single movie well. I returned to the vercion 4.1 which is functioning well and is stable. now everything works excellent
upgrade to 4.2 vercion not worth no major changes. should prove better firmware, before throwing to download.

sorry for the translation I'm using the google translator
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
estuve probando mas a fondo la versión 4.2. funciona mas fluida. navega en Internet mas fluido.
pero. la aplicación NETFLIX funciona muy mal. se queda sin audio, hay que reiniciar la aplicación continuamente para que funcione, la imagen se torna lluviosa, por momentos tambien genera pantallazos de otro color. conclusión..... despues de no poder ver una sola película bien.
volvi a la versión 4.1 que funciona bien y es estable. ahora todo funciona excelente, actualizar a la versión 4.2 no vale la pena no hay grandes cambios.
deberían probar mejor los firmware, antes de lanzarlos para descargar.
mdpinamar

Postby gs2004 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:47 am

Installed this version:

Slow and unresponsive moving between apps.

Not able to connect to any wifi networks, the 'Connect' option is greyed out for all SSIDs.

Ethernet working OK.

If you have a functional JB, don't bother with this. The hardware and/or drivers aren't up to the job.
QX1 | MK802iiiS | MK802iii | MK802ii | CX-01 | Neo G4 | Topi T66
gs2004

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IIIS Forum