Is this for real? Is Rikomagic a serious company or??

Forum to discuss the new Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 IIIS (bluetooth) Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Is this for real? Is Rikomagic a serious company or??

Postby QsDad » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:16 pm

Suddenly my MK 802 IIIS 8G B started to freeze at boot(at the robot).

I went to this forum and started to download files. I found 3 files that fits the description to my device. I don't understand why there can be three different ones??? Why not remove the two bad ones and only have one on the site? And if they are different maybe some one can write what file I need to my device. And even tho I'm fairly new to Rikomagic I've been working with computers since 1985 so I know a thing or two about computers.
First of all Kaspersky Antivirus claims that all files firmware files as well as software files from Rikomagic contains malware. If this is false, why have not Rikomagic cleared this with Kaspersky? And for those who think just simply disable Antivirus. Well please send me a sandbox computer so I don't have to care about installing crap in my computer that malware often brings.

Second some of the files is directed to download sites where you need to install well know malware. If Rikomagic is a serious company, why is Rikomagic using that function? That is one extreme big warning lite going off!!

So far I have not seen a official person from Rikomagic answering any questions in the forums. Only fans.
So what do I know is proper way to fix things? Many people had questions in this matter that is old and unanswered. Like Rikomagic don't care about their users??

I do this work on a Win 8.1 64bit comp. I have no other computer within one hour of where this one.

Well I tried some of the recommendations that I find here.
So far I got to the point of installing drivers. There things goes to hell.
I first tried the Driver install tool. No result. Says: Unknown USB Device
Then I tried Win8 drivers manual install. no result Says: Unknown USB Device
Win7 drivers manual install. No result. Says: Unknown USB Device
Vista drivers manual install. No result. Says: Unknown USB Device
Device managers install of all above resulted in no result. Says: Unknown USB Device Since no driver is signed digitally.
First when I manually installs ADBDrivers Device manager reacts.

Iv'e tried with one USB cable and with two(power).
Here is a few versions of what happens: I managed to get Device Manager to recognize the device as:

- "rk30sdk" - Batch tool do not see the device.
- "Unknown USB Device (Device Description Request Failed)" - Batchtool do not see the device.
- "Android Composite ADB Interface" - Batchtool sees the device and mark it as pink. Not green as in manual.
When I click on update I get a big red warning saying "<Layer 9-1> This operation didn't do, because of not supporting!"

So there I am. I'm not holding my breath for getting any help but if someone kindly would give me some help I would be grateful.

And please Rikomagic If you like to be successful sort things out.
QsDad

Re: Is this for real? Is Rikomagic a serious company or??

Postby QsDad » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:20 pm

The lack of response and help from officials may very much indicate that Rikomagic is not a serious company.
QsDad

Postby twjordo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:17 pm

I am not aware of employees of rikomagic being here on this forum.

The Administrative and Moderator Staff here at this forum do not get paid from rikomagic. We are volunteers that try to offer a forum for support for the rikomagic devices.

so for a rikomagic official please email them via their website

Thanks!
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby delgadoii » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:12 pm

I've been trying to get help for a while here.. but nothing!!!.. so no .. I will definitely tell all the people I know not to buy this Garbage!!!... and that's a fact... Virtual & Real Friends!! LMAO!!...
delgadoii

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IIIS Forum