Unit freezes with Black, White or Red screen

Forum to discuss the new Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 IIIS (bluetooth) Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Unit freezes with Black, White or Red screen

Postby smart2cry » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:03 pm

Hello guys,

I have just received a brand new unit of MK 802 III S 2 days ago. It's the "new one" which says RKM instead of Rikomagic and comes delivered with the latest version 4.2 which is RKM MK802IIIS8G(B) Software (131107)

Now, after having multiple issues with the unit, which turned out to be from the HDMI cable supplied in the box, then there is just one left! After 3 or 4 minutes the screen turns either black, white or red and the unit freezes.

I have been searching this and other forums, I see lots of people reporting this issue with the new firmware, but no actual fix. I have tried 2 different TVs, direct plugging, multiple HDMI ports, still no go.

I have also tried a 1 A adapter instead of powering it up from a USB port. Still no go.

My other MK 802III S is an older one which runs Android 4.1 and works flawlessly since the day I bought it.

Anyone has any suggestions how to fix this issue?! I am seeing a lots of people having this.

Cheers!
smart2cry

Re: Unit freezes with Black, White or Red screen

Postby kortex » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:48 am

Same problem here, tried a lot of roms without success. The dongle always freezes after some few minutes ...
Mine was bought some few weeks ago, it's a revision from october with wifi ap6210.

I start wondering if it could be a hardware issue, does anyone have had some success with this version ?
kortex

Postby smart2cry » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:34 pm

Hello mate,

I finally received a replacement unit from the shop I bought it and the new one works fine. So, definitely a hardware issue. Request a replacement asap.
smart2cry

Postby kortex » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:07 am

Thanks for the tip :) Will see if I can ask for a replacement, since I opened the case (and it didn't liked to be opened, plastic fixations are broken) to check the board revision ...
kortex

Postby koan » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:48 pm

Ahoy... to the support team.
Have any from the support team read this forum?
Many people have the same problem, is there any development?
Completely randomly usually between 10 and 30 minutes after the start is given most honor black red or white blank screen and must reboot.
I tried with several firmware (131107) and next with 4.1 as well as several custom - same result.
Power supply is 5V@2A
If the problem is hardware can anything be done at home?
Not everyone can so easily change defective device easily especially when
purchased from across the world online :(
koan

Postby Magnus33 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:54 am

You can basically forget the support team doing anything.

After emails back and forth with them its clear they don't give a crap and have little idea of what they are doing.

They need to spend money and actually hire some programers who know what they are doing.

But considering they pulled a fast one and all new 3188 cpu which are actually 3188 -T cpu limited to 1.4ghz its clear rikomagic just in it for a fast buck.
Magnus33

Postby koan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:36 am

Clear, and I also assumed. In this case,
everyone is down on his luck and to fend for himself as he can.
Very bad business model.

I have an idea, namely whether possible to make underclock CPU.
May have revised kernel but I can not find one here.
koan

Postby Magnus33 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:06 pm

http://www.freaktab.com/ the rk3066 forums should provide you with with roms and tools you need.
Magnus33

Postby koan » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:45 pm

I found the working solution for me.

After many attempt by the method of sample – error, And I tested several stock firmware Android 4.1.1 and 4.2.2. Also custom FW based on 4.1.1 and 4.2.2.

Obviously clearly concluded that certain TV-Sticks Rikomagic MK802lllS clearly don't understood with Android 4.2.2 version! :(

Finally I picked:”NEOTV CR for MK802 IIIS Version 1.7 Neomode”. I used Software to reduce the frequency of CPU (from 1,6 GHz to 1,4 GHz) and since then I never saw more freezes with red and white or black screens! :)
koan

Postby Magnus33 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:19 am

Using neo 1.9 set to 1.4ghz and so far it seems stable.

Iam guessing some of the cpu have heat issues which makes them unstable with the newer more demanding versions of android.

Hopefully its remains stable.
Magnus33

Next

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IIIS Forum