RKM mk802IIIs - October 2013 - Keeps crashing with every rom

Forum to discuss the new Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 IIIS (bluetooth) Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

RKM mk802IIIs - October 2013 - Keeps crashing with every rom

Postby kortex » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:42 am

Hi, I just bought a mk802 IIIs with bluetooth, it's a version from October 2013 with AP6210 Wifi chip (RKM logo). The dongle just keeps crashing, with the default rom, or any other I've tried since. At best I can use the dongle for some minutes before it freezes (black screen, or any other color) with some roms.

I tried the original rom from rikomagic (RKM S8B_131107, and the others too), the w2comp one, and various other ones, but with no success ...

Could it be a hardware problem, or is it just that no rom is fully compatible and stable with this version of the dongle ? Or maybe a fake one (but how to be sure ?) ...

Thanks a lot for your help ...
kortex

Re: RKM mk802IIIs - October 2013 - Keeps crashing with every

Postby xavier » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:15 am

I have the same problem: MK802IIIS crashes constantly, some times even during boot... tried every rom, bought a 5V/2A charger, nothing works. I think it could be heating problem. My last resort is to buy a heatsink and put it on the CPU...

I'm really disappointed with the MK802s in general: I first bought a MK802III and while it does crash only from time to time, the powering micro USB is very fragile and broke after 3 weeks. I had to use tape to maintain the USB cable in a position that works.

Then, I bought the MK802IIIs (because of the problems I had with the MK802III) and got -I think- heat issues.

Then came the MK802IV but I didn't want to buy it seeing all the problems I had with the previous models (and I think I did well because I heard there was a lot of wifi issues).

Xavier
xavier

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IIIS Forum