New member needs help

Forum to discuss the new Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 IIIS (bluetooth) Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

New member needs help

Postby lancman » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:12 pm

Hello, I have just entered the world of internet TV and have a few questions about some problems myself and a friend are having with the mk 802 III s. Neither of us are tech minded but was assured that this media box would be fine for watching TV via the internet. We have a 4 MPs internet connection and using WiFi from modem to media box, they are about 10 cm apart.
1. Buffering, we are suffering from buffering about every 5 to 10 mins whilst watching live TV, sometimes its worst making it impossible to watch,it buffers for about 10 to 20 seconds, is this normal?
2. Whilst watching live TV or streamed video the unit just shuts down causing me to switch off the power and on again to rebot it.
So far we are disappointed with the mk802III and will be returning them if this issue can't be resolved. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
lancman

Re: New member needs help

Postby fafler » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:47 pm

It seems from a lot of posts that the internal WIFI is quite bad. I recently got a IIIS and it also suffers from WIFI issues. The easiest solution in my case was a USB ethernet adapter, they are only around $5 on eBay and the works out of the box. Streaming youtube and netflix works much better after i got it.

Could number two be a power issue? Try another (possibly larger) powersupply.
fafler

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IIIS Forum