Upgrading, I have no idea what I'm doing

Forum to discuss the new Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 IIIS (bluetooth) Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Upgrading, I have no idea what I'm doing

Postby anebere » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:38 pm

Hi, hoping some kind people will help me here. I bought a MK802IIIS today, it has 4.1 on it. In Play store, there are no apps "available for this device" that I actually want. Not Netflix, not Youtube, not HBO etc. I managed to download an older version of Netflix and that works. But there are many other apps that I want, so I figured I'd better upgrade to 4.2 or higher. I'm completely new to this and I have no idea what I'm doing. I tried following these steps: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4611 but that didn't work, I guess that's for a different device. Also tried doing the same thing only with different firmware, which I found somewhere, called MK802IIIS 4.2, but that didn't work either, the program just says "not supporting".

Grateful for any help I can get.
anebere

Re: Upgrading, I have no idea what I'm doing

Postby anebere » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:54 am

Update - I tried putting the 4.2 file on an empty sd card, but nothing happened when i put it in. Tried finding the file in explorer and opening it, but it just got deleted when i clicked it.
Also, I tried someone else's rikomagic with 4.2 and Netflix was no good, constantly jumping and buffering. So maybe I should just stick to 4.1? At least then I'll have netflix. Or is it safe to upgrade?
anebere

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IIIS Forum