Android 4.1 firmware for RKM version

Forum to discuss the new Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 IIIS (bluetooth) Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Android 4.1 firmware for RKM version

Postby boosook » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:10 pm

Hi,
where can I get the Android 4.1 firmware for the "newer" version (the one with the RKM logo)?
On the support page, there's only the 4.2 firmware, while for the older version both android 4.1 and 4.2 are present.
I tried the 4.1 firmware for the older version, but wifi and BT are not working.
There's something wrong with the video drivers of the 4.2 firmware: movies are not smooth. Animations (such as when you go in to the applications drawer) are not smooth either. Wether I use MXPlayer or any other player or I'm streaming with google play movies, the movement is not smooth. It doesn't stutter, it's just "not smooth".
Everything was perfectly smooth with Android 4.1, but I cannot downgrade because the 4.1 firmware for the RKM version has been removed from the support page.
Does anyone have a solution?
Maybe I should just get Chromecast and solve my problems for good...
boosook

Re: Android 4.1 firmware for RKM version

Postby boosook » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:58 pm

Hi everyone, it's me again... ;)

I tried the new firmware (140312) available on rikomagic usa site only (there's a post in the previous page where you can find the link) and it really improved the performance of the 131107 firmware that you can find on this site. Video is smoother, and so it's the UI. Bluetooth is also improved. It's for the "RKM" version only, though.

Anyway, I'd still appreciate if someone could provide me a download link for the old android 4.1 firmware because I recall it was even smoother. :)
boosook

Postby velin » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:53 am

From the first beginning of RKM version MK802IIIS, it came with android 4.2.
:twisted:
velin

Postby Ruby » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:17 am

boosook wrote:Hi everyone, it's me again... ;)

I tried the new firmware (140312) available on rikomagic usa site only (there's a post in the previous page where you can find the link) and it really improved the performance of the 131107 firmware that you can find on this site. Video is smoother, and so it's the UI. Bluetooth is also improved. It's for the "RKM" version only, though.

Anyway, I'd still appreciate if someone could provide me a download link for the old android 4.1 firmware because I recall it was even smoother. :)

Did you remember which FW number of android 4.1???
Ruby

Postby Ruby » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:21 am

Did you remember which FW# of android 4.1???
Ruby

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IIIS Forum