Recomended Apps and games for MK802IV

Forum to discuss the new Quad Core Rikomagic MK802 IV Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Recomended Apps and games for MK802IV

Postby Jammy » Tue May 28, 2013 12:33 pm

I'm new to the Mini PC world, and have a MK802IV updated to Android 4.2

It would be helpful if you could recommend some of your favourite Apps and Games for me to try ?

Here is a list of what I have liked so far (I will try and update this list when I can confirm great apps)

Emulation :
Mame4droid - Mame, version 0.73b5 works fantastic. Limited ROM support but Plays all my favourites Smoothly. (Sorry, I cant Help you find Rom's)

Music :
Google Play Music - Google allows you to upload 20,000 songs to the internet and My MK802IV plays them with Wi-Fi access without problem. This eliminates the need for local storage, while giving you access to your entire music library. The player interface could be more intuitive though.

System :
NulKeyboard - This stops the Software Keyboard from appearing when using an external Keyboard, Very useful.

Programming :
App Game Kit (AGK) - http://www.appgamekit.com/. This is actually for a PC but allows you to make games and other applications for your MK802 (and other devices). It uses the BASIC programming language and is quite easy to pickup. Features Include 2D physics, Facebook commands, 3D model support, Particle engine. I will post a wee demo soon.
Last edited by Jammy on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jammy

Re: Recomended Apps and games for MK802IV

Postby twjordo » Tue May 28, 2013 1:20 pm

gta3 is one of my favorites and plays with a Bluetooth controller

max payne as well

angry birds star wars
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby Argon0 » Tue May 28, 2013 8:34 pm

As another Noob to the world of 802, this thread is intriguing to me...

I noticed that there it is pre-installed with eHomeMediaCenter, how does this stack up against XBMC?
Argon0

Postby Jammy » Thu May 30, 2013 1:33 am

Thanks for the input twjordo - I can confirm GTA3 and Max Payne are great games, I have completed both (not on android). I don't have a Bluetooth controller yet. Will give Angry Birds Star wars a try.

As far as I have found so far Argon0, eHomeMediaCente does a fine job of playing local files. XBMC is a Big Package with lots of extras including streaming from your PC or home NAS. The version mentioned here http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4623 I have found to be a bit "Buggy" and crashed a few times. Another thing XBMC can do Is AirPlay from your IPad or IPhone, however again in the version I tried, It did not work. Don't get me wrong I think XBMC is great and I will be looking for a stable version.
Jammy

Postby wololo » Thu May 30, 2013 3:01 am

What I use and recommend:

Video
- Youtube
- XBMC with MX Player integration - (requires the 4.2 firmware) details on installation here : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4623
- Alternatively to XBMC+MX Player, MX Player in itself is great
- Netflix: App on the play store worked out of the box on firmware 4.1, but on firmware 4.2 I had to sideload the 1.81 (download here: http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/7907)
- Tubemate : lets you download videos from youtube. Useful when you have glitches and prefer to watch those videos locally or in MX Player

Music
- Mixzing (music player/manager with equalizer + auto tag) - unless you prefer XBMC for that
- Cubed (Music player with a cool 3D interface)
- Amazon MP3 (If you're an amazon customer, great because your music is on the cloud so you don't use your precious 8GB, or whatever is on your SD)
- Spotify (the best radio on demand) <- if accessing from outside the US check my tutorial on how to use unblock-us

Games
- I own Carmaggedon, didn't play well at all with the lack of controller support (touch only)
- Would recommend anything from the humblebundle whenever they have an "Android" bundle, but I haven't tried any of those on the mk802 series yet

Other apps
- Andreas Liebig's FTP server (as the name implies)
- ADownloader (great Bittorrent client)
- Quadrant (to measure performance) . Antutu didn't work for me
- ES File explorer - the best file manager.

More details and screenshots of these apps here:
http://makesmarttv.net/10-must-have-app ... -smart-tv/
http://makesmarttv.net/review-of-the-ri ... i-mini-pc/
Review of the MK802 IV - Review of the MK802 III - Review of the air mouse MK702 II
My list of 10 "Must Have" apps for your Android TV (2014 edition)
Tutorial: watch Netflix outside of the US (this method works way better than VPN!)
wololo

Postby Argon0 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:59 am

Agree with most of them (ESExplorer rocks, having been an Astro Fan)

Would say its also essential to get the latest RKRemote on your existing Android phone/tablet (if you have one - apk available here: http://bit.ly/1aDis3X - works really nicely....)... carmageddon should work nicely like this, I will have to try it out :lol:

I'd add MortPlayer to the list - specifically the audiobook variant...

XBMC - I'm hoping to use this extensively....
Argon0

Postby Argon0 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:49 pm

Another coupe of Apps I have installed and are working nicely:

Emulators:
Mupen64 - Nintendo 64 Emulator
PPSSPP - PSP Emulator
Both work out of the box, haven't tried the later with RKRemote yet, but the former works well.

Doom 3... Read this link http://matthill.eu/android/doom-3-andro ... omment-871
Not played much yet, just enough to see that it works, can use Keyboard and Mouse with it.

Screenshot ultimate - as the screenshot function in 4.2.2. on the MK802IV is not obvious (if it exists at all)
Argon0

Postby Jammy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:03 am

wololo and Argon0 - thanks for the recommendations this is exactly the sort of things I am looking for.

I have added a couple of things to my initial post. NulKeyboard and APK.

I am Looking for a good "Airplay" app, To display photos etc. on my TV from my Ipad. XBMC should do this, but it does not seem to work yet. Any recommendations ?
Jammy

Postby amelmastema » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:22 pm

Great idea and list! :) I guess this thread should get a sticky ?

External Keyboard Helper Pro. If you have a foreign keyboard, also elimantes the software keyboard

Utorrent Beta, great for those torrent downloads.

TED, it's kind of a youtube, only with brilliant ideas.

Smoothsync for cloud, it's for syncing with your iphone. I use it for calender.

HexenGLES, HereticGLES and DoomGLES are great retro games that work well with keyboard.
Samsung UE40B6050VWXXE LED
Rikomagic 802.IV 8GB Quad Core Mini PC --- Logitech K360 Keyboard unified with Logitech M525 Mouse
amelmastema

Postby andykirby » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:29 pm

Yes indeed, topic has been upgraded to sticky status.
andykirby
Site Admin

Next

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IV Quad Core Forum