Recomended Apps and games for MK802IV

Forum to discuss the new Quad Core Rikomagic MK802 IV Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: Recomended Apps and games for MK802IV

Postby KattenMaler » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:05 am

As far as games go, these work very well with the rkcontroller app(using the gyroscope for steering) on your cellphone:
Real racing 3 (unfortunately forcing anti alising in this game doesn't work)
Need for speed most wanted
Shine runner
Riptide gp
Real Racing 2(unfortunately this doesn't work due to the infamous 5002 error)
Beach buggy blitz

Fps games:
Shadow gun games
Modern combat 4(patch your apk to get better graphics, highly recommended)

Casual games:
The angry birds games works flawlessly with a mouse or an airmouse.

I did not have any good experience with asphalt 7 unfortunately, the lag is awful. I will try out many of these games with a joypad(a sixaxis and a wired 360 controller) asap which should improve the playability, but for now I'm very impressed with how well rkcontroller works.

Media apps:
VLC beta
Mxplayer pro
XBMC (so-so)
Netflix (horrible, ios app is 10x better)
youtube

Tools:
Utorrent
sshdroid pro
titanium backup
FolderMount(since you cant symlink on fat32, using mount bind as a workaround so you can use your sdcard to store your games on)
Cifsmanager(ugh... they broke smb on android 4.2 so this is just a dud for now)
External keyboard helper (irreplacable, easy to customize the layouts so my norwegian wireless apple keyboard works optimally)
Debian kit(an interesting soulution for everyone who wants to run arm linux but not dualboot)
Busybox (sort of handy)
KattenMaler

Postby Sven » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:22 am

Is Real Racing 3 working fine on your device? For me it's very laggy and the grafic is poor.
Sven

Postby Argon0 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:39 pm

Has anyone tried Quake (any version) yet? I had it on my first Android Phone, years ago, but was a little buggy...
Argon0

Postby KattenMaler » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:58 pm

It's working alright, use graphics mod application to set it to a higher setting however the reason this looks rather bad on big displays is the complete absence of anti aliasing on mali 400. To ensure optimal performance close every application but rr3 in the task manager and set the resolution to 720p and you should be able to at least use "high" graphic settings in it.

Also, the wired xbox 360 joypad works out of the box for games that actually support that as a controller however, due to the lack of a touch screen it is not possible to use it with joy2touch server. I will be looking into plausible work arounds for this when I have time. The "virtual_touchscreen.ntts.ko" module might be a work around for this issue however I would need to compile one for this particular kernel and device in order to get it working.

I haven't tried quake on this but unless its a really crappy built it should run just fine.

Shadowgun running on my mk802iv
KattenMaler

Postby ramx2 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:11 am

Guys do u recommend me buying The Mk IV? I already own the IIIS.. Any significant change? I know the CPU is quad and double the Ram but can you feel boost while playing or operating it ?
ramx2

Postby BaDTaG » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:05 am

Hmm cant beleve that Archos Video player has not bin mentiond.

So..
Xposed with Netflix fix ( my erlier post for details)
Archos Video Player
Android Tuner by 3c (it has a network tweek that gave me a bit faster download and upload)
System Tuner by 3c
Hotspot Shild
Hola
Teamviever
BaDTaG

Postby Robert de Clair » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:26 am

Easy Browser Pro - light, little powerfull browser (im using this because of special flashplayer interpretation method, and sending bookmarks as desktop icons)
DroidEdit Pro - txt editor with source code highlighting for C++ JAVA HTML and many others - a one with proper interpretation of polish code :)
Root Explorer - File Manager with automatic mounts system folders with RW permissions.
Android Terminal Emulator - Just terminal
GTA Vice City
Cloud Explorer - File Manager with automatic Skydrive connection.
Cool Reader - Ebook reader
SuperGnes - SNES emulator, integrated roms searcher (not only for snes) Cover Arts of games, many usefull settings.
Tuba.FM - (not tested outside poland) Radio stream, you can just set what kind of music or artist you want to listen. works also in background.
XBMC - Best mediacenter for me, skin PM3HD. Few bugs, but every version are much better and makes me happy ;)
Robert de Clair

Postby Sausage » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:09 pm

Communication

Games & Entertainment

Media & Video

Tools

Weather

Personalization

Utilities for Windows
Sausage

Postby cruse2382 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:41 pm

cruse2382

Postby richdevlin761 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:42 pm

I am Looking for a good "Airplay" app, To display photos etc. on my TV from my Ipad. XBMC should do this, but it does not seem to work yet. Any recommendations ?
richdevlin761

Previous

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IV Quad Core Forum