spacebar

Re: New offcial software 0620

Postby juniorjpdj » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:56 pm

Now it works.
But how to open my mk802?
juniorjpdj

Postby kolemorten » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:00 pm

Installed today after the last "Netflix works" update that made Netflix work for 2 minutes at the time I had high hopes.

Bumed again, Netflix works better but have not been able to play video for more than 10 minutes at the time tops.

Wifi looks to be working much better, stil not had the time to set up some video streaming. NEtflixc is #1 pri. and that didn't work.

Stil waiting for an update that really works!

Yeah, and hi all.
kolemorten

Postby Carlos-G » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:59 pm

I have installed the 0620 update, and Netflix now works, but not to the level where it should be. I played transformers 3 with the unit, and the movie has Judder. It is slight but it is still annoying. I should note that I am not using my Wi-Fi, instead I went with an Ethernet connection. It is sad that my Smart TV from 2010 can play Netflix through Wi-Fi better than my MK802IV through Ethernet.

One other main issue for me at the moment, which I hope someone out there can comment on, is that my Pandora, after one to three songs, stops playing and causes the MK802IV to restart. Can anyone out there confirm if this happens to them as well.
Carlos-G

Postby Carlos-G » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:04 pm

I have installed the 0620 update, and Netflix now works, but not to the level where it should be. I played transformers 3 with the unit, and the movie has Judder. It is slight but it is still annoying. I should note that I am not using my Wi-Fi, instead I went with an Ethernet connection. It is sad that my Smart TV from 2010 can play Netflix through Wi-Fi better than my MK802IV through Ethernet.

One other main issue for me at the moment, which I hope someone out there can comment on, is that my Pandora, after one to three songs, stops playing and causes the MK802IV to restart. Can anyone out there confirm if this happens to them as well.
Carlos-G

Postby Carlos-G » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:11 pm

After doing the 0620 update netflix works but with slight judder.

My pandora is causing the unit to restart. Can anyone confirm if this happening to then.
Carlos-G

Postby hotdogmolly » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:41 pm

i have 4.2.2 on my 802 4 just wondering where i look to see what needs to be upgraded in my setting
hotdogmolly

Postby Carlos-G » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:59 pm

I used the ehomemediacenter app, which came with the MK802IV, to play a playlist that is being served in my network (DLNA), and it played for just a couple of minutes and then caused a restart of the entire unit. I did this for several times, and it failed each time. The last time I tried the failure was so bad it caused a permanent RKM screen at boot-up, which I fixed by re-flashing the ROM with the 0620 update.

Can anyone out there confirm if they can play music that is DLNA’d in their network?
Carlos-G

Postby velin » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:43 am

Carlos-G wrote:I used the ehomemediacenter app, which came with the MK802IV, to play a playlist that is being served in my network (DLNA), and it played for just a couple of minutes and then caused a restart of the entire unit. I did this for several times, and it failed each time. The last time I tried the failure was so bad it caused a permanent RKM screen at boot-up, which I fixed by re-flashing the ROM with the 0620 update.

Can anyone out there confirm if they can play music that is DLNA’d in their network?

I tried DLNA to playback music, or video or picture, it works find. do you use imediashare.lite apk for DLNA, i used this .
velin

Postby mdpinamar » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:37 pm

zagadka wrote:My experience is quite the opposite. Not much works as it should.

For the brief time it plays Netflix looks and sounds normal, but it stops playing after a couple of seconds throws me back to the loading screen and then the main screen. Additional attempts at playing anything just throws right back to the main screen.

I then went to YouTube because it normally works when Netflix does not, and vice versa. But there is no sound, but there is sound on the clip when played on other platforms.

same happens to me netflix is malfunctioning. image stays frozen. Unfortunately, I had to go back to firmware 4.1 but back to version 4.1, has its cons the bluetooth is not working as it should, I'm not using bluetooth so much for now I leave it like that. performance is a little lower, not installed, the media center application (dlna app), and has no file browser with the option to read network drives and sata drives, the media center application install it from a backup, but no file browser after installing did not work well
sorry for the translation
--------------------------------------------------------------
a mi me pasa igual netflix sigue funcionando mal. se queda la imagen congelada. lamentablemente, tuve que volver al firmware 4.1 pero volver a la versión 4.1, tiene sus contras el bluetooth no funciona como debería, no estoy usando mucho el bluetooth asi que por ahora lo dejo asi. el rendimiento es un poco menor, no tiene instalada, la aplicación media center (dlna app), y no tiene el explorador de archivos con la opción para leer discos en red y discos sata,
la aplicación media center la instale de un backup, pero el explorador de archivos no despues de instalarlo no me funcionaba bien
mdpinamar

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IV Quad Core Forum