MK802IV Firmware - Important

Forum to discuss the new Quad Core Rikomagic MK802 IV Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: MK802IV Firmware - Important

Postby johaxe » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:05 am

mr_loon wrote:Is this supposed to be the official support forum for the MK 802IV?

If it is, then can whoever is supposed to be giving official support please get their fingers out. If this place is run by volunteers / the community then please accept my apologies.

If this is not the official support forum then does such a thing exist?

Does anyone know of a webpage where it is possible to see the changes made & the release date for official firmware.

Well put. Cannot agree more. What is this utter crap I bought and where is the support for it? I've had it for a month now hoping these screw-ups would fix their broken product, but in another 14 days I have to return it (45 day return policy where I bought it). Wifi is a joke even after "fix" and video is worse than my original xbox with xbmc. No 1080p support out of the box should have meant no sale, but I didn't even think to look for it since it is so remarkable that it is not supported.
johaxe

Postby pejab » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:16 pm

Hi,

I see this is a contraversial topic so I created an account to add my vote:

I had netflix problems, updated to the fireware linked in the OP of this thread and I no longer have any netflix problems.

Good luck to those that are struggling ...
pejab

Postby openeye » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Hello,

I bought MK802IV too. The device came already with this firmware:

MK802IV with AP6210 Chipset (S/N start from July) should download the firmware 130719:http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/z80zb4

I have the latter device, with the AP6210 chip.

The device has problems. I can play with very few games. Most of the games of my choice are crashing or rebooting the device.
The wifi and bluetooth are very weak, especially when I use both of them, together, in the same time. When I connect an apple bluetooth input device (mouse,keyboard) the wifi completely turning off after some seconds.
But (thanks to god...) I can use a bluetooth headset almost normally, along with wifi connection, but the wifi connection is not too fast.

I refreshed my rooter's firmware, but that did not help.

I refreshed the device's firmware to this, again:

MK802IV with AP6210 Chipset (S/N start from July) should download the firmware 130719:http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/z80zb4

but this did not help, too.

The games

- Mega Run
- some parts of Cut the Rope (the remain parts simply exit immediately after starting)
- Monster Shooter 2
- Judge Dredd vs. Zombies
- Zombiewood - Zombies in L.A.

constantly rebooting the device, and wifi/bluetoot slow, strange, laggy and such.

This is a description of my case only, I see, that many people have similar problems too, and probably nobody knows exactly what is the problem or what are the problems with our devices.

But I have one question, too:

in this link:

the date is:

but when I write the firmware to the device, the date in the device's settings will be in the build number:

or in the vendor software version:

So none of them is 130719 ... Is it right ? Or they did upload a former firmware with the latter date ?
Last edited by openeye on Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
openeye

Postby Eskern » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:47 am

Is there a new firmware to come?

I have the 130620 'official' release with the RTL8188 chipset, and experience random reboots, apps crashing, micro stutter, etc...

I also have the impression this hardware is 'shabbely' treated (google translate, sorry if it is incorrect english ;-)), and have the same question as another reply I read on this forum: Is this the official forum?
Or is there another official one.
Because in here, I got the feeling we only get little to no support on all problems.

None of the topics even go to the bottom of the problem, and if it ever will be solved or not.
Eskern

Postby Argon0 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Quick replies for Eskern and OpenEye - this is the closest there comes to an official forum... in English... (there may be a Chinese OFFICIAL official one out there).

When I first got my IV I had the same issues, but I was running from a standard micro usb power connector, when I switched to the provided one all issues about reboots went away... If you haven't tried this you probably should.

A request for AndyKirby, BTW I'll PM you as well Andy, can you update the first post in this thread with latest info, and what the firmwares do, or link to this somewhere else?

I'mon the 2nd release of FW, and have been waiting for another FW with proper Bluetooth support and 1080p since. Both would be nice BT is essential.

Thanks

Argon0
Argon0

Postby openeye » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:11 pm

When I first got my IV I had the same issues, but I was running from a standard micro usb power connector, when I switched to the provided one all issues about reboots went away... If you haven't tried this you probably should.

Thank you, for the tip, unfortunately I use the provided power adapter from the beginnings. With the above firmware, the device is stable and fast while not running the specified apps. Here is the more exact list of the apps with reboot and problems:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4984#p15788

Oh, and I tried an iPad charger, too. That is 10W and 2.1A. Problems was the same.
openeye

Postby Quike » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Hello,
I just got the MK802IV S / N: 2013905491

Kernel version:
3.0.36 +
ant @ AdminRoot-X9DL-3F-FI # 226
Thu Aug 29 12:37:41 CT 2013

Build number:
RKM 4.2.2 MK802IV-in test-keys JDQ39 eng.ant.20130829.123849

Vendor software version (the manufacturer)
RKM MK802IV_R-BOX_ANDROID4.2.2-SDK_V1.0.0_130514

For the Wifi does not authenticate ... Also I have the old MK802IIIS 8G/no Bt and connects perfectly to the same Wifi.

By Davicom DM9601 USB2.0 10/100M Ethernet, yes I can connect, but when I'm browsing or treat any application istalar Play Store is restarted the system.

I guess I have to install the firmware 130719 because my MK208IV has AP6210 Chipset, do not understand why they sell a faulty product, it comes with the factory correct software, this makes us spend hours trying to learn how to fix these problems. All this goes against the manufacturer's prestige and marketing of their products.

This product only works thanks to the community who share their experiences and knowledge in these forums. Thank you very much to all of them.
Quike

Postby Quike » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:10 pm

I installed the firmware 130719, 2 times, in the first, the android packages installer stopped working and there was no way to fix. Do not let me open app Play Store. The second Install, so far it works relatively well.
The WiFi whit WPA2/WPA-PSKWPA2/WPA-PSK TKIP+AES security not work. The RKBatchTool.exe version that comes with the official firmware 130719 does not work, it works with version 1.7 of this application.

Excuse my translation with google translator.
Quike

Postby ArunKumar » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:00 am

I have MK 804 IV, And i tried to install Lubuntu as per the instruction given in the below url and did it Successfully.
http://rikomagic.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90

Then, I inserted the sd card into devise and connected in to monitor. But it directly taken me to Androind OS.
So, I tried to make dual boot system as per the instruction given in the below url:
https://plus.google.com/109451178006683 ... GsJ2Dz1vWT

I started try to flash with latest Android(e.g. for the new model MK802IV see http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_22_1.html).But, I can't able to connect the device into my Windows 7 Pc.

So, I started Firmware Recovery / Update method as per the instruction given in the below url
http://data.w2comp.com/docs/MK802-IV-fi ... w2comp.pdf

Still, I can't able to connect the devise with My PC.

Please give me a better solution.
ArunKumar

Postby Sweden721127 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:09 pm

The video performance on this device is terrible, I'm compairing with many other devices.

And neither of the above links work. Such a dissapointment with this purchase....... :oops:
Sweden721127

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IV Quad Core Forum