Some games causing MK802IV to reboot and blank screen issue

Forum to discuss the new Quad Core Rikomagic MK802 IV Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Some games causing MK802IV to reboot and blank screen issue

Postby Madbyte » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's only my device but some games causing my MK crashes and reboots. For example Cut the Rope, the main screen is loaded but after chosing Play my device reboots. Mystery Manor another example, just after clicking to load it the device reboots. And there is some hardware issue, sometimes MK gives a blank screen (black) with no audio for 3/2 seconds. I was reading about this in other forums and seems to be an out of sync HDMI issue. I would like to know if all of this are known hardware/software issues or just my device is broken.

edit: I'm using the external power source.
edit: Stock kernels (Android 4.2.2, MK: Serial: 201307****)

Thank you.
Regards
Last edited by Madbyte on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.
MK802IV S/N 201307**** (Mele F10 Air Mouse)
Madbyte

Re: Some games causing MK802IV to reboot and blank screen is

Postby poksu » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:22 pm

I'm getting that blank screen around 3 times per a movie. Screen just goes black and no sound for 3seconds. its occuring regardless what i'm doing...watching a movie or surfing around.TV is not showing the input information when this is happening so its not connection issue in hdmi... using neomod custom rom with different kernels...
poksu

Postby Madbyte » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:33 am

Hi,

I had installed several applications, widgets, system monitors, etc, and I think some of that might be giving some bug, so I deleted everything and flashed the device to the latest official version available. After reboot as it comes stock I installed Cut the Rope, but the same, the device reboots after selecting "Play", and after 1 hour using Chrome I've got a blank screen again. I have to add to those issues the video stuttering when playing HD videos.

System Info Screenshot:

Device S/N: 201307****

I'm using a Mele F10 air mouse.
Madbyte

Postby openeye » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:48 am

My device reboots starting most of the games I tried. Cut the Rope, Mega Run, Monster Shooter, Running Fred, SG: Dead Zone, etc.

I found very few games I can run (without reboot at the starting of the game).
openeye

Postby seanwc101 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:41 pm

Sounds like your device got problem. Not the game. I use it to surf the net, games and movie playback. Sure sometimes it crash during net surfing and games. But it never reboot when it crashes. It just close the game or the net browser.
seanwc101

Postby Madbyte » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:44 pm

openeye wrote:My device reboots starting most of the games I tried. Cut the Rope, Mega Run, Monster Shooter, Running Fred, SG: Dead Zone, etc.

I found very few games I can run (without reboot at the starting of the game).

Hi,

Please add more information about your device, like serial number, rom used, Android version.
Can you try Beach Buggy Blitz? This game run ok in my device. I'm gonna try some games that you posted.

Thank you.
Madbyte

Postby openeye » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:20 pm

Well,

I bought an MK802IV with 201307xxxxx serial and the AP6210 chip.

The device came with this firmware preinstalled:
MK802IV with AP6210 Chipset (S/N start from July) should download the firmware 130719:http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/z80zb4

and out of the box, the device has problems with wifi and bluetooth signals, especially when I use them together. when the bluetooth is turned on, the wifi is significally slower, and lagging.

When I connect an apple bluetooth keyboard or mouse, then the wifi become unusable, or completely turning off. Fortunately I can use a bluetooth headset along with wifi, but the wifi is slower and lagging than bluetooth turned off.

I refreshed my router's firmware and my mk802 IV device's firmware ( again, to the above firmware ), as well, but the problems still exist.

The games, what run perfectly on my device:

- Dead Trigger
- Sector Strike
- PAC- MAN
- Beach Buggy Blitz
- Jetpack Joyride

The games, what make my device rebooting immediately after run, or after some menu screens, but before the first playing screen. Usually before the reboot there is a black or striped screen, with each second scanline filled, and then the reboot:

- Mega Run
- some parts of Cut the Rope (the remain parts simply exit immediately after starting)
- Monster Shooter 2
- Judge Dredd vs. Zombies
- Zombiewood - Zombies in L.A.

And these games always exit immediately or after some menu screens before the firs playing screen:

- Duke Nukem 3D
- Monster Shooter 1

I use the included power source, too.
I did not modify the above firmware, too.

Sorry for the many modification of this comment, I wanted it the most precise, and I redownloaded what I have uninstall already, and tried again.
Last edited by openeye on Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
openeye

Postby Madbyte » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:28 am

Hi,

Thank you for the details. I'm having problems with exactly the same games that you posted.

Here my list:

Games that run ok:
- Sector Strike
- Jetpack Joyride
- Running Fred: It appears to be ok. I can't play it because I just have an air mouse and it is not compatible with the game. I can't turn left/right but the game is working.

Games crashing:
- Cute The Rope : Crash and reboot after selecting Play
- Mega Run: Crash and reboot after selecting the stage level number.
- Monster Shooter 1: Crash and reboot in the game logo screen while the game is loading.
- Monster Shooter 2: Crash and reboot after selecting the age verification
- Judge Dredd vs. Zombies: Crash and reboot in the game logo screen while the game is loading.
- Zombiewood - Zombies in L.A.: Crash and reboot in the game logo screen while the game is loading.

I can surf the web with Chrome, Firefox, Dolphin, watch videos, movies, listen to music, open PDF DOC XLS files, see locations with Google Earth, run XBMC with addons like SuperRepo, and play another games without crashes or reboot issues.

More details:
I'm using a Mele F10 Air Mouse.
Launcher: Nova.

It would be nice if anyone else with S/N 201307**** can test these games.
Madbyte

Postby velin » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:01 am

Is it power supply problem? :ugeek:
velin

Postby openeye » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:43 am

Most of us use the power supply.

Do you think that our power supplies are wrong ?
openeye

Next

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IV Quad Core Forum