PicUntu - 4.4.3 (Complete) is now available.

Forum to discuss the new Quad Core Rikomagic MK802 IV Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: PicUntu - 4.4.3 (Complete) is now available.

Postby blueeye » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:06 am

Hi, will I be able to run TeamViewer or some kind of VNC server without need to do a port forward on the router?
I'm interested in buying this device, since you guys have done a lot of great work, by porting Picuntu to this device.

I'd like to use this device as a VPS with Picuntu and some kind of VPN, TeamViewer would be the best, since I use it on many devices, across many platforms.

Thanks in advance for your answer.
blueeye

Postby aloksinha2001 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:24 am

Asxetos wrote:Great stuff AlokSinha,

Do you think we could use this release on a rk3066 stick? A MK802-IIIS in my case (w/ MT5931 wifi).
I understand that wifi or BT will not work, but the wifi problem is easily solved with a usb-lan adapter.

For some time now i use the RC3 picuntu with the 3.0.36+ update (kernel and modules).
I tried the 4.4 root file system you released a few weeks ago but it simply refused to load any GUI using this 3.0.36+ kernel, with or without the full xubuntu-desktop install. Blinking cursor for ever.

Thanks...

I have not tried it - but I think, the Rootfilesystem can work on rk3066 as well.

As you have mentioned, wifi/bt drivers will need to be added.

Additionally - the other drivers required by your kernel will need to be added into the /llib/lmodule section.

Alok
aloksinha2001

Postby aloksinha2001 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:26 am

blueeye wrote:Hi, will I be able to run TeamViewer or some kind of VNC server without need to do a port forward on the router?
I'm interested in buying this device, since you guys have done a lot of great work, by porting Picuntu to this device.

I'd like to use this device as a VPS with Picuntu and some kind of VPN, TeamViewer would be the best, since I use it on many devices, across many platforms.

PicUntu has xrdp server installed - and thus any rdp client can work efficiently on it... what I am not sure, is how you intend to do this without forwarding the port.

You can ofcourse run an ssh tunnel... but that would make the system relatively slow.

Alok
aloksinha2001

Postby blueeye » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:51 am

aloksinha2001 wrote:
blueeye wrote:Hi, will I be able to run TeamViewer or some kind of VNC server without need to do a port forward on the router?

PicUntu has xrdp server installed - and thus any rdp client can work efficiently on it... what I am not sure, is how you intend to do this without forwarding the port.

You can ofcourse run an ssh tunnel... but that would make the system relatively slow.

Alok

Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about.

I cannot forward the port, since I do not have access to the router.

That being said, I would still prefer TeamViewer just due to this restriction.
TeamViewer works just flawlessly on x86, dunno if it's gonna work on ARM.
Maybe there's a solution for this issue, without using the SSH tunnel.
Could you please further investigate, whether I will be able to use some kind of RD like TV?

Thanks in advance, aloksinha2001!
blueeye

Postby aloksinha2001 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:23 am

blueeye wrote:
aloksinha2001 wrote:

Alok

Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about.

I cannot forward the port, since I do not have access to the router.

That being said, I would still prefer TeamViewer just due to this restriction.
TeamViewer works just flawlessly on x86, dunno if it's gonna work on ARM.
Maybe there's a solution for this issue, without using the SSH tunnel.
Could you please further investigate, whether I will be able to use some kind of RD like TV?

Thanks in advance, aloksinha2001!

The best option you have under these circumstances is the ssh tunnel (teamviewer also does a similar thing)

Let me know, if you need any help in setting up the ssh tunnel.

Alok
aloksinha2001

Postby aruangra » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:27 am

Alok or anyone,

I want to use the MK802iv with AP6210 as an access point. I had no problem to use the access point mode on the old MK802iv with the RTL8188 wifi chip but I had the problem to initiate the AP mode in MK908 with AP6210. Could you test if the wifi AP mode works on the new wifi chip in this OS image? The steps are as follows:

Code: Select all
1. sudo apt-get install iw
2. sudo apt-get install hostapd
3. sudo apt-get install dnsmasq

4. nano /etc/default/hostapd

************* EDIT THIS LINE TO *******************
DAEMON_CONF="/etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf"

5. nano /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf

************* ADD THIS. NO TAILING SPACE AFTER EACH LINE  *******************
interface=wlan0
driver=nl80211
ssid=MK802iv_AP
channel=3
hw_mode=g
macaddr_acl=0
ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
auth_algs=1
wep_default_key=0
wep_key0="abcdeabcde123"

6. nano /etc/dnsmasq.conf

************* ADD THIS AT THE END  *******************
interface=wlan0
dhcp-range=10.0.0.2,10.0.0.5,255.255.255.0,12h

7. sudo ifconfig wlan0 down
8. sudo ifconfig wlan0 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
9. sudo service hostapd restart
10. sudo service dnsmasq restart

I had the problem in step 10 on MK908 with AP6210. I wonder if the newer MK802iv with AP6210 works in the AP mode. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Anat
aruangra

Postby popenz » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:16 am

Hi everyone. I have flashed an RK3188 tablet PC with this image, and it's working great (over HDMI). I realize that this is an MK802 forum, but does anyone have experience or advice for getting the internal LCD display working?

Thanks in advance.
popenz

Postby aloksinha2001 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:25 am

aruangra wrote:Alok or anyone,

I want to use the MK802iv with AP6210 as an access point. I had no problem to use the access point mode on the old MK802iv with the RTL8188 wifi chip but I had the problem to initiate the AP mode in MK908 with AP6210. Could you test if the wifi AP mode works on the new wifi chip in this OS image? The steps are as follows:
Snip
I had the problem in step 10 on MK908 with AP6210. I wonder if the newer MK802iv with AP6210 works in the AP mode. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Anat

Let me give it a shot, will keep you posted.

Alok
aloksinha2001

Postby BlackMamba » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Thanks for your great work!

However, I'm facing a problem. Picuntu is up and running on my pre July hardware (RTL8188eu), however, there's strictly no WIFI available. Do I have to install some drivers or the like?

EDIT: Problem solved. The WIFI has to be set to wlan1 manually (in wicd). Now it works really fine!
Last edited by BlackMamba on Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlackMamba

Postby aruangra » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:08 am

Thank you. Keep me posted :)
aruangra

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IV Quad Core Forum