PicUntu - 4.4.3 (Complete) is now available.

Forum to discuss the new Quad Core Rikomagic MK802 IV Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Picuntu 4.5 on UG007b

Postby mubeen » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi Alok et al.
Tons of thanks for this valuable share. I was not very happy with android on QuadCore MiniPC.
I have QuadCore A9 UG007b, and its Reset/Recovery button is a mystery, however after many hit-and-trial attempts I was able to Erase NAND and finally installed Picuntu.

Regards,
Mubeen.
mubeen

Re: PicUntu - 4.4.3 (Complete) is now available.

Postby sapphous » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:00 am

You got this running on the UG007b? Does wifi work? And does anyone happen to know whether there is any modification I can make to these instructions in order to dual boot Android and Linux? Android is meh, but I hate that I seem to have to shank Clockworkmod to get Picuntu running.
sapphous

Postby platip » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:02 pm

I have followed the instructions on this topic but with the latest picuntu 4.5. I managed to flash the recovery part of the mk802iv device with the kernel.img and created an ext4 sd card from the system.img.
once in android, i go to shell then "su", then "reboot recovery". when the device reboots up it flickers the screen 2x or 3x and it looks like it's doing something, but then I guess it fails to find this newly installed linux kernel as it falls back to booting into android.

I have the original firmware on the device. I am unsure if it's rooted or not but i'm 100% sure that I have already installed apps on it that require rooted os. (e.g. busybux, linux installer) can someone please confirm you need a rooted firmware to go to recovery mode?

i have to say the instructions are pretty good up to the point when you need to boot into linux using the freshly installed sd card. Can someone review that section and define requirements (e.g. rooted CFW is a must) and procedure?

personally i'd rather not flash a CFW onto the irginal firmware as i'm quite happy with it, but will do if it's absolutely necessary in order to boot linux from sd card.

Thank you!
platip

Postby tyyko » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:20 pm

Thanks!!

I have a little question: How can i always reboot into recovery ( so into picuntu ) ??

I'd like to use my Rikomagic as a remote 'server' so i'd like it to boot always on linux, even on restarts or power loss, is it possible? How can i do it?

Michael
tyyko

Postby colzilla » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:16 pm

anywhere i can download this? a links are dead??
colzilla

Previous

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IV Quad Core Forum