Bricked?

Forum to discuss the new Quad Core Rikomagic MK802 IV Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Bricked?

Postby Peter Galbavy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:23 pm

I have followed all the advice here but after trying the last f/w update the unit failed. I now have a blue square and any combination of Update / Restore / short pins 8/9 I get nowhere. Is my MK809IV bricked and broken? I get flash errors from the batch tool.
Peter Galbavy

Re: Bricked?

Postby steven » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:54 am

Can you still get into recovery mode (and have your computer recognize it)?
steven

Postby Peter Galbavy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:14 am

The PC sees the device and the blue box but any combination of update/restore fails with a flash error, including pin 8+9 reset.
Peter Galbavy

Postby steven » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:39 am

The PC sees the device and the blue box but any combination of update/restore fails with a flash error, including pin 8+9 reset.

In the future, it would be useful to have the text of the exact error that appears, fortunately I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is. Btw, putting it into mask mode using the pin reset won't make much of a difference if the device is already being recognized. Most people usually use the pin reset when they've bricked their device and the normal reset button isn't working (i.e. computer not recognizing the device). Anyways, I had a similar issue and for me it turns out that the RK3188 loader was the issue. Here is what you need to do to get your device working again:

- Download the original rom for the mk802iv along with the flashing tool found at http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/poaopp (you will also find it by going to http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/support.html)

- Use the included files in the RKBatchTool to flash your MK802iv back to it's original state. (No need to install the drivers bc I figure at this point you already have it installed)

- Once everything is run successfully, you can go ahead and delete the IV-AP131107 folder because you don't need it anymore.

- This next part is very important: Load up the RKAndroidTool and the usual files (i.e. parameter, kernel, boot, system), however DO NOT load the "Loader" (i.e. RK3188Loader****.bin). Erase the IDB then Run the install.

Your device should be working properly now. The issue you mentioned occurred to me after attempting to install OS's multiple times. It looks as though the loader gets corrupted then prevents successful flashing afterwards. Please post back here if everything worked out okay.
steven

Postby Peter Galbavy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:16 am

steven wrote: - Download the original rom for the mk802iv along with the flashing tool found at http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/poaopp (you will also find it by going to http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/support.html)

Thanks, but it's this step that fails.

I will get the exact error soon, but I am never in the right place to copy / paste it.

I will try the other steps you outlined just in case they trigger different behaviour.

Peter
Peter Galbavy

Postby Peter Galbavy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:34 am

My restore log is:

Code: Select all
**********Restore Action**********
**********Restore Start Total<1>**********
<Layer 1-1-5-3> Download Boot Start
<Layer 1-1-5-3> Download Boot Success
<Layer 1-1-5-3> Wait For Maskrom Start
<Layer 1-1-5-3> Wait For Maskrom Success
<Layer 1-1-5-3> Test Device Start
<Layer 1-1-5-3> Test Device Success
<Layer 1-1-5-3> Check Chip Start
<Layer 1-1-5-3> Check Chip Success
<Layer 1-1-5-3> Get FlashInfo Start
<Layer 1-1-5-3> Get FlashInfo Success
<Layer 1-1-5-3> Prepare IDB Start
<Layer 1-1-5-3> Prepare IDB Success
<Layer 1-1-5-3> Download IDB Start
<Layer 1-1-5-3> Download IDB Fail
**********Restore Done Success<0> Fail<1> Time<3089>ms**********

"Upgrade" and "Restore" both have identical results.

RKAndroidTool (from Picuntu in my case) always fails with no Loader as it is in Maskrom mode. I can erase the IDB but the next step(s) always fail.

Any pointers are very much appreciated.
Peter Galbavy

Postby JoSoFer » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:41 pm

Do you still with this problem? because I have the same one... It enter in Mask mode, I can erase IDB but when I try upgrade the looader is showing the same text error than you...
JoSoFer

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IV Quad Core Forum