Hola App on MK802 IV 4.4 - missing SuperSu Permission

Forum to discuss the new Quad Core Rikomagic MK802 IV Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Hola App on MK802 IV 4.4 - missing SuperSu Permission

Postby laopa » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:58 am

Hi,

Total newbie to Rikomagic and the MK802 IV (KitKat 4.4.2) I have just purchased and attached to a "dumb" Samsung LCD TV.

My problem is that while I have installed Hola on several Win 7 64 systems and three different Android phones/tablets I can not get Hola to work properly on the MK 802 IV.

I understand that there is a whole different discussion on the Pros and Cons of the Hola App but I would like to leave that for another time.

While I have installed and uninstalled the Hola App and the Netflix App several times, the Hola App will not show and allow access to the contents of the Netflix USA Site.

I have also read that Hola should be allowed SuperSU Permission but it has never seemed to Requested it and I can find no simple way to Add the SuperSu Permission to the Hola App.

I am in communication with Hola but with no result yet.

Any assistance and simple guidence to resolve this Hola matter would be greatly appreciated.

laopa :oops:
still crazy after all these years
laopa

Re: Hola App on MK802 IV 4.4 - missing SuperSu Permission

Postby laopa » Fri May 15, 2015 10:37 am

Hi,

After discussions with Hola Support (Skype) they turned the issue over to their R&D and the latest updates to the Hola Android App over the last few days are now working with Netflix - other USA options for streaming would appear to still need some work. The CBS Streaming picture quality sucks big time whatever HDMI Mode I select.

Beyond that Hola has done a fantastic job in addressing their App being able to work with the MK802IV and I assume other "mini pc's".

Just wanted to keep you updated. You can probably consider this "fixed".

Thanks

laopa :D
laopa

Postby laopa » Sun May 17, 2015 6:18 am

Hi,

Don't know why I putting myself out there as an idiot but just to clear matters up.

OK, quick update.

Physically the RKM802IV is connected to the "dumb" Samsung CD via a HDMI Cable. For the Internet connection there is a NetGear EX6200 Range Extender, literally next to the TV. The Internet WiFi signal to the EX6200 comes from my Router/Modem, a Fritz Box 7490, which is about 10-15 meters away from the EX6200 with a clear line of sight.

Now when I connect the RKM802IV to the EX6200 via WiFi, Hola/Netflix does not work - even the latest versions (844) however if I connect the RKM802IV to the EX6200 via an Android Compatible USB to Ethernet Adapter (has three extra USB Ports = <> $10 Aus$) then Hola/Netflix works????

No idea why Hola/Netflix does not work with a WiFi connection and then does with an Ethernet connection to the same EX6200 Range Extender - over a distance of <> 30cms.

Whatever Hola may or may not have done with updating their App it would appear the problem was fixed by the Ethernet Connection?

No idea!
laopa

Postby laopa » Mon May 18, 2015 11:06 am

Hi,

None of this is "bumping".

Latest direct from Hola.

Hola does not yet officially support these platforms, but this is coming soon! Follow us to know when this is available: Follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/hola_org) or Like us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/HolaBetterInternet) .

Yahoo!

laopa :o
laopa

Return to Rikomagic MK802 IV Quad Core Forum