Picuntu home://io for MK802III + MK802IIIS

Forum to discuss the dual core MK802III LE Mini ARM Linux PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: Picuntu home://io for MK802III + MK802IIIS

Postby coro » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:12 pm

At first, many thanks for all of this work.
After many days of using, my Android died suddenly, refusing boot, so I did load files from 1st post and it works like a charm, dualbooting with clean android.
Really nice to see it alive in real OS.

Anyway, I have a little big problem with network - I am a user of MK802iiiS (8g with Mediatek BT).
None of network devices I own, do work for me - tried each usb wifi and even purchased usb lan adapter for this reason, that works perfectly either under Android, either under x86/x64 xubuntu of all versions I tried. But not here..
Perhaps I just do not know how to enable it.
Excuse a dumb question please, but could You help me by few words or link to some "howto", about ?
I can see it as USBNET0 but ifup says something odd..

EDIT: well, sorry for bothering You, after few attempts of blind noob, I found that nothing else that just added two lines into interfaces:
so, run "sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces" and insert this:
auto eth1
iface eth1 inet dhcp

I am online on lan. Editing the panic post but I will not delete it as perhaps someone else would need so basic help as me.

The other way I could just hope and pray for, is that someone will prepare and upload the complete image so that it will work over WiFi on 802iiiS(BT), right after flashed.
Thank You in advance..
coro

Postby Otla » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:58 pm

Is it possible to flash PicUntu directly to the MK802III like the PicUntu for MK802IV?
Otla

Postby bevlin761 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:30 am

Could you please explain how did you create the whole image? what is the format of it? any tool-chain could be used to create / expand the whole image from/to system.
bevlin761

Postby timilian » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:08 pm

Hi!
1. I have a problem on MK802IIIS. I can not connect any USB flash drive. The system is constantly offers to choose a program to open the mounted device. If I login as root, device normally mounted and I have access to the files.
2. I can not solve a problem with Wi-Fi. I think you should make a separate assembly Piсuntu by mk802IIIS. The problem with finding drivers for other devices turns into torment. After all drivers have dependencies, but no device is connected to the Internet, making it impossible to install the drivers! I tried to find and install the drivers for other 2 devices:
- Ralink technology, corp. RT5370 wireless adapter
- Netgear, Inc WNA1100 Wireless-N 150 [Atheros AR9271]
But I never got to do it. Help me find the drivers for these devices (at least one), so you can just set them on Piсuntu and gain access to the network. And please do a new build picuntu working wi-fi. I saw people with github already solved this problem. :?
timilian

Postby momoster69 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:13 am

hi i am not sure how to put wifi drivers in my MK802IIIS, i found out someone has created the drivers but im not sure how to install them in... could anyone offer some assistance?
momoster69

Postby BJosephs » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:27 am

Many Kudos to those who put this all together!
Does anyone know if the black and white desktop wallpaper is there by design or by defect? I was never a big fan of XFCE but this strikes me a really unattractive....
On that note has anyone tried Picuntu with one of the other lightweight desktop environments?
Also, I guess this remix is meant to have something for everyone, but I never understood the need for so many redundant apps (6 terminal apps??). Isn't Linux all about customization? I'd much rather install my own choices than uninstall all the extraneous stuff I'll never use anyway.

My rant aside, it's really exciting to see this kind of production on a mini PC - the devs should keep up the good work!
BJosephs

Postby coro » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:54 am

Hello,
Please, can You explain howto REPLACE Android by Picuntu on MK802IIIS ?
This device uses "recovery" partition for picuntu kernel and it needs to have button pressed to boot picuntu, otherwise boots Android.
Tiny button is far from accessible and thus a pain to press on powerup..
I found that "Factory reset" selection in android settings page, confirmed by "erase everything" but NOT the checkmark to delete sdcard, boots into Picuntu. I am using that, but it takes couple of mouse clicks and is not that comfortable.
When I tried to write picuntu kernel into android part of the flash, device went dead but it was unbricked by whole factory image rewrite.

btw, any news about Mediatek drivers?
coro

Postby BJosephs » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:48 pm

Software updater is offering Xbuntu 13.04. Is it recommended/OK to upgrade?
BJosephs

Postby ivannis » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi guys

I want to know if is possible to install picuntu in the MK902 device, if someone has tested it please confirm me.

Thanks
ivannis

Postby jemalo » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:54 pm

Thanks a lot for this excellent job !!! Picuntu rocks on my MK802IIIS.
But I have still one problem with the wifi. I have a dongle with realtek 8188ETV chipset. I have checked the dongle with my laptop (running ubuntu 12.04). It works well after that I installed the driver from https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8188eu. When I plug it into my TV stick, dmesg shows that the dongle has been recognized but no driver information is shown. Then I check with ifconfig and iwconfig, there is an eth1 which is always in ad-hoc mode and there is no wlan0. I have tried to modify interfaces and wpa_supplicant.conf, but wifi never works. Can you please tell me how to solve this problem. Thanks a lot!!
jemalo

PreviousNext

Return to Cloudsto MK802III LE Linux Mini PC