Recovering MK802IV LE

Forum to discuss the dual core MK802IV LE Quad Core Mini ARM Linux PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Recovering MK802IV LE

Postby biehlstefan » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:40 pm

Hey Team =)
i m glade to be a owner of the MK802IV LE, but unfortunately have play around with some updates,drivers etc...... and finally i killed my X11 permantliy =(

The device boot up and i can see the Login Screen and do some Login but after the gui crash..... and i see a blackscreen with a mouse curser but nothing more .....

but i can use the terminal !! =)

So i m searching a "how-to" to get my device start up and running again =)=)

please some one can post an recovery methode ??

thanks my friends =)

ps. as a additional question, i have open the device to have a look to the wlan chip and it is the AP6210 i think.

So my question is to do a wlan mod (like extern antenne etc )?? is the internal antenna only for Wlan or Wlan+BLT too, despite the face that BLT currently not working on the MK802IV LE =)
biehlstefan

Re: Recovering MK802IV LE

Postby mem16421 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:58 pm

Any luck getting it restored? I did the same as you and now all I get is a black screen with a mouse pointer after login. I would like to restore back to the factory image, but the all the support links for images are dead.
mem16421

Postby andykirby » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:34 pm

Hi,

Please PM me and I will send you the recovery files and instructions.

Thanks,

Andy
andykirby
Site Admin

Postby Hackencrash » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:20 pm

I have exactly the same problem with the same symptoms. I did an update off the menu which said that 12.04 was no longer supported and did I want to update to 12.10 (or something like that) to which I answered Yes. It all worked well after a couple of file change questions I may have got wrong, except when I logged-in I just got a black screen with the cursor.

I reflashed Picuntu 4.5 from somewhere else as the Rikomagic doesn't contain images for Linux, only Android. Although this works, it's not the same as when I got it and doesn't contain half as much stuff.

I only got this 3 days ago and I'm already in a state! Please someone help me find the original flash so that I can get this back to how it was?
Hackencrash

Postby KenW6HHC » Mon May 05, 2014 3:48 pm

andykirby wrote:Hi,

Please PM me and I will send you the recovery files and instructions.

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy,

I just got a MK802iv 201312 Jelly Beans unit on Saturday and I have a "jerking screen" and a black screen every 45 seconds. My badblkcnt = 2 for number of bad NAND blocks.

I want to restore (recover?) to see if this helps...or at least before I return unit. (Two friends have units that work just great...so I am sure it is just a bad unit that snuck through QA). I am surprised that recovery files and instructions are not part of SUPPORT on this Forum?

Can you send me the recovery files and instructions. (I tried PM, but the forum does seem to allow me a method to send you an e-mail??)

Best regards....KenW6HHC
KenW6HHC

Postby andykirby » Tue May 06, 2014 3:34 pm

Hi, you mentioned its an android device?

The recovery firmwares can be found on the Rikomagic website:

http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/do_1.html

Thanks,

Andy
andykirby
Site Admin

Postby MKwata » Mon May 26, 2014 4:31 pm

Hy Andy, and others !

i've just received today the LINUX version of the MK802iv mini pc !
In fact, l've bought it to for a classroom use (i'm a teacher in Marseille, France).
I wonder where i could get the pdf file of the LINUX version user 's manual, that came with the key.
I need it to show to the whole classroom and to share with the colleagues.
Also, I would like to find the right way to save all the installation berfore the first boot, in order to be able to reset the device to "out of the box" state.
If i can manage easily the updates, we will certainly purchase some others.
Thank you for your help.
MKwata

Postby andykirby » Tue May 27, 2014 6:09 am

Hi, I saw your email also, I will send over the pdf manual later which has the instructions for recovery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
andykirby
Site Admin

Postby rodonn » Tue May 27, 2014 3:53 pm

Will the recovery image and the manuals be publicly available?
rodonn

Postby vasilevich » Fri May 30, 2014 2:23 pm

hey I have also bought the MK802IV LE and accidently broke it the same way as they, may i please have the restoration instructions aswell? thank you.
vasilevich

Next

Return to Cloudsto MK802IV LE Quad Core Linux Mini PC