Cloudsto MK802IV LE Mini Linux PC - Shipping NOW

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK602 TV Box (Magic Box)

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: Cloudsto MK802IV LE Mini Linux PC - Shipping NOW

Postby kitkat » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Picuntu running on this device seems to need me to chose the wifi adapter when connecting to wifi. I have never seen this with Ubuntu. I get a drop down but its empty. What should I do? Thanks for your help. On a possitive note I had thought the 16gb was on a micro sd card. I was happy to find it internal so I can expand the memory by a further 32gb.
kitkat

Re: Cloudsto MK802IV LE Mini Linux PC - Shipping NOW

Postby arclite7 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:07 pm

Hi, I bought one of these little devils. Devil? You say? Because its graphic performance is dreadful (not that the hardware is incapable), because Skype cannot be loaded, virtually none of the Chrome applications are compatible, because although Picuntu is a marvellous port of a working PC I needed a PC I could pop into my pocket for when I arrived overseas. Oh no! nothing I need in fact works! The WiFi then packs up after about 30mins so has anyone noticed this? I had to resort to an external USB WiFi but the confusion with the Linux OS constantly trying to work out which one to use!

Now all I want to do is install an Android OS in place of the Linux OS. Does anyone know where I can find this as a procedure? I have to assume Android has in fact upgraded the GPU integration, got the WiFi working reliably, got code support for Skype etc. Look first, I know, I know. Sorry for those who are upset by emails like this. It was all done in good faith.

With thanks.
arclite7

Previous

Return to Rikomagic MK602 Forum