Problem with root

Forum to discuss the quad core MK902 Android PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Problem with root

Postby Schmukken » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:16 am

Need help getting root access again so that I can install custom ROMs because in the current state there are too many problems.

Before I installed the firmware the device ran well but I wanted 1080p resolution so had to install the latest one. Going into recovery and all that jazz worked and it showed up in Windows.

After installing the official KitKat firmware for the MK902 I can no longer use USB debugging, SU and ADB (even through Ethernet or locally.)

Apps that require non-rooted device won't work either because I get the message that the device is rooted.

When trying to flash with the RKBatchTool the device never shows up, not in Windows device manager either. Tried uninstalling every RK driver, tried on virtual machine and on a laptop, all running Windows 7 but with no luck. The device just won't show up in Device Manager no matter how many seconds I hold down the reset button and I've tried a lot.

I have not installed any custom recovery like Clockwork Mod.

Build number: rk3188-eng 4.4.2 KOT49H eng.zz.20140515.113303 test-keys

Would love to be able to flash to the custom ROMs to see if it fixes some of the problems because currently Netflix videos lag, codec problems like audio cutting out, trouble doing audio through S/PDIF.
Schmukken

Re: Problem with root

Postby pinesong » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:10 am

Try this tool:AndroidTool
Link: http://freaktab.com/filedata/fetch?id=435530
pinesong

Postby Schmukken » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:14 pm

Tried it, doesn't detect the device.
I dug up my old school laptop, same result, doesn't even try to install the driver and it's the first time I try it on this laptop.
I've ordered two USB A male to A male to see if the USB cable that came in the box is broken, will take more than 10 days to get it.
Schmukken

Postby Schmukken » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:30 am

I can now flash the unit again. The new USB male to male works.
I guess the USB cable that came with broke after flashing the official firmware even though it was able to boot the device.
Schmukken

Return to Rikomagic MK902 Android PC Forum