MK802 Firmware

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

MK802 Firmware

Postby andykirby » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:50 am

Hi All,

The recovery firmware file for the current generation of Rikomagic MK802 is being uploaded now.

Download link to follow.

Thanks,

Andy
andykirby
Site Admin

Re: Firmware

Postby andykirby » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:11 pm

We now have a support section on the website which includes the download link to the Firmware.

http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/support.html

Thanks,

Andy
andykirby
Site Admin

Postby earedien » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:36 pm

I ran the LiveSuit program, but it is telling me "Not found device !". After that, the MK802 is stuck on the Android boot screen and will not load at all.
earedien

Postby rpcameron » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:33 pm

There seems to be a problem with the firmware download. It stalls reports its initial size as 269MB, but only completes ~44MB.
rpcameron

Postby earedien » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:16 pm

OK, I was able to figure out how to get the firmware flashed. The instructions provided with the Live Suit program did not help at all.
Here are the steps I had to take to flash the MK802.
    1. Download the firmware from http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/support.html
    2. Unpack the MK802_recovery.rar.
    3. Unpack the livesuit.rar.
    4. Run the LiveSuit.exe file from the livesuit folder.
    5. Click on SelectIMG and select the en-us-NEW2-ak003.img file.
    6. On the MK802, there are two holes near the HDMI port, the lower hole contains a button, while pushing the button with a paperclip, connect the USB power cable to the computer and the MK802.
    7. Windows should find the device, but not be able to install it.
    8. Go to the Control Panel and open the Device Manager Dialog.
    9. Locate the Unknown Device and right click it and select Update Driver.
    10. Click on Browse My Computer for Driver Software.
    11. Locate the UsbDriver folder under the livesuit folder and click Next.
    12. Once the drivers have been installed, switch to the LiveSuit program.
    13. Click on SysUpdate.

It will take between 3 and 5 minutes for the flashing to complete.
    Once it has completed, reset the MK802.

I found out that it kept all of my settings and apps from before the issue happened.
earedien

Postby andykirby » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:02 pm

That sounds correct and I've come to the same conclusion as you. Although I have just tried to do this via a VM (on the mac) in Parallels and unfortunately it doesn't work, live suite just quits.
It looks like this needs to be done on a real PC.
andykirby
Site Admin

Postby rpcameron » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:05 am

What is this "Live Suite" program, because it's not something I have. On my Mac I can't get ADB to recognize the device or mount. Do I have to use an adapter, or plug it into the full USB port rather than the Mini?

And which version of Parallels are you using, because the newer ones have improved USB support.
rpcameron

Postby earedien » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:00 am

rpcameron wrote:What is this "Live Suite" program, because it's not something I have. On my Mac I can't get ADB to recognize the device or mount. Do I have to use an adapter, or plug it into the full USB port rather than the Mini?

And which version of Parallels are you using, because the newer ones have improved USB support.

The Live Suite program is included with the recovery image on the support page. It includes the USB drivers for connecting to the MK802. If your OS doesn't see the device, try pushing the button in the hole that doesn't light up while the Mini USB is connected to the computer.
I did notice that the drivers provided only work with 32-bit versions of windows.

Andy, is it possible to get a 64-bit driver as well?
earedien

Postby andykirby » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:20 am

Earedien, Yes I have a 64bit version of Livesuite for windows 7, I will upload this shortly. Is yours up and running now?

I think the problem I am having with parallels is to do with the fact that the USB ports are not "real" because they are shared with the Mac. I can get the device mounted in windows 7 and XP but as soon as I hit the update button livesuite will close.

rpcameron, I'll have to check which version of parallels I'm using, but it's useful to know that the newer ones have improved support. I'll test this on a real PC as it should work, I'll also try my device with ADB on the Mac. To get this device to show up you need to hold the reset button whilst plugging in to the computer via the mini USB socket.
andykirby
Site Admin

Postby nspiccia » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:36 am

Gah! Can't download the firmware. Keeps stopping mid way. Can someone re upload? Deposit files is good
nspiccia

Next

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum