MK802 Firmware

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: Firmware

Postby rpcameron » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:35 pm

After having no luck trying to download the firmware in a browser, I decided to try using curl instead. Same thing, it gets between 15 and 20%, and then the server severs the connection. So, the problem is not on my end, but on the server's. At least it looks like I'm not the only one having these issues.
rpcameron

Postby earedien » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:10 pm

andykirby wrote:Earedien, Yes I have a 64bit version of Livesuite for windows 7, I will upload this shortly. Is yours up and running now?

I think the problem I am having with parallels is to do with the fact that the USB ports are not "real" because they are shared with the Mac. I can get the device mounted in windows 7 and XP but as soon as I hit the update button livesuite will close.

rpcameron, I'll have to check which version of parallels I'm using, but it's useful to know that the newer ones have improved support. I'll test this on a real PC as it should work, I'll also try my device with ADB on the Mac. To get this device to show up you need to hold the reset button whilst plugging in to the computer via the mini USB socket.

Yes, I have a 32 bit version of windows on a laptop that worked for the restore.
earedien

Postby andykirby » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi rpcameron. sorry about the problem with the download, some people have reported the same error.
I'll try and get it uploaded to another server and put the link up ASAP.
andykirby
Site Admin

Postby rpcameron » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:36 am

andykirby wrote:Hi rpcameron. sorry about the problem with the download, some people have reported the same error.
I'll try and get it uploaded to another server and put the link up ASAP.

That would be great. It's a little awkward trying to use my Dropbox or Google Drive account to share files with the 802. (Likewise, I thought I remembered hearing someplace that the MK802 would support running from itself as a virtualized Android environment hooked up to a PC ... but perhaps I was imagining things ...)

I just tried seeing what Parallels had to say about the device, but I'm having issues getting the drivers installed and recognized. (It's not a big surprise, as flashing Samsung Android devices rarely works on VMs, and HTC's bootloader unlocking is very spotty on a VM, too. Luckily, I have a Win7 Boot Camp partition on one of my MacBooks that I can try through.)
rpcameron

Postby andykirby » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:15 am

Just uploaded here, should make things easier.

http://depositfiles.com/files/alwrf1klb
andykirby
Site Admin

Postby Zaatour36 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:17 am

WoW !!

@andykirby NIce work ;)

hope we can get this baby rooted as well :)

Zaatour36
Zaatour36

Postby earedien » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:35 am

andykirby wrote:Earedien, Yes I have a 64bit version of Livesuite for windows 7, I will upload this shortly. Is yours up and running now?

I think the problem I am having with parallels is to do with the fact that the USB ports are not "real" because they are shared with the Mac. I can get the device mounted in windows 7 and XP but as soon as I hit the update button livesuite will close.

rpcameron, I'll have to check which version of parallels I'm using, but it's useful to know that the newer ones have improved support. I'll test this on a real PC as it should work, I'll also try my device with ADB on the Mac. To get this device to show up you need to hold the reset button whilst plugging in to the computer via the mini USB socket.

Will you be posting the 64-bit version soon? I can confirm that the restore program works by using VirtualBox on Linux too.
earedien

Postby andykirby » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:21 am

@Zaatour36 Thanks! :D

@earidien - Yes sorry I've had a million things on but I will get this up asap. It seems a bit different to the other versions actually.
andykirby
Site Admin

Postby andykirby » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:14 am

The link to download Livesuit 64 bit:

http://depositfiles.com/files/2zoqn3ptq

Andy
andykirby
Site Admin

Postby Spin802 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:39 am

andykirby wrote:The link to download Livesuit 64 bit:

http://depositfiles.com/files/2zoqn3ptq

Andy

Which file is the latest in this package to install 64-bits on W7? Version 1.07 or 1.05? I see them both in the package...
/Grtz from The Netherlands. Have a MK802+ (white model with the holes in the bottom). 1GB.
Spin802

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum