MK802 Firmware

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: Firmware

Postby krankdroid » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:05 pm

krankdroid

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:21 am

I managed to hose my firmware when getting LINUX running (by writing to the wrong slice of the SD card and when booting it loaded Android instead which apparently was reading the SD card for some reason and apparently freaked out somehow from it) and now Android won't boot anymore. In any event, is there some device mounted on lubuntu that the firmware bits can be tossed onto?
Run into a problem? Need ***Mini PC/MK802 services***?
(installing firmware, installing LINUX, getting/setting up SD cards, etc)
Contact us! http://www.EnvyThisStuff.com
EnvyThisStuff

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Writing to the wrong device partition definitely did freak out Android (I mistakenly wrote to the next partition instead of the beginning of the sd, and so instead of booting up LINUX it booted Android which took it as a legit FAT32 partition I think and something obvious got confused from there since filesystem information was bogus) I redid the firmware as an update and Android would still not boot until I did it as a format replacement. Booted up in Chinese but I followed the manual carefully and found where in the settings to set to English and now seems back in order. Guess I'll see if the market will re-establish itself or I have to set up a new account. Still a few LINUX problems but will address them in the other thread I guess.
EnvyThisStuff

Postby Otacon » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:38 am

Here is my Firmware v.1 Recovery
Recovery Image
LiveSuit
Otacon

Postby mistermentality » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:45 am

Just wanted to post a thankyou Otacon for the link in your post, I think I have to flash my 802 as despite not doing anything other than install three apps and try installing busybox it went nuts and now says I have no free space so I'm hoping that, this weekend when I get enough time to try it, that flashing the recovery will fix it.

Thank you

Dave
mistermentality

Postby mistermentality » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:22 pm

Deacon wrote:I'm running into a problem just getting the livesuit to start the update.
First of all the device never booted up. So I find that I can install the recovery software.
I download everything and get to connecting the MK802 to the computer.
I paperclip the button while connecting the usb and get the "new hardware discovered".
But when I try to update software and point it to the usb folder it tells me it can't locate the device.

Concerned I've may have chosen poorly.

I'm starting to agree with this point of view.

I have had to try flashing firmware as my MK does not let me install anything. I follow the guide in this thread and get the driver not recognised error in 64 bit Windows 7 (am using windows 32 bit version of livesuite though) and choosing the usb driver when updating driver returns the error saying windows cannot find the right driver and it has not been installed.

This is really frustrating as only had it less than twenty four hours and its given me nothing but trouble so really hoping someone can help those of us having this problem to figure out an answer :)

Dave
mistermentality

Postby kudlinux » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:56 pm

Deacon wrote:I'm running into a problem just getting the livesuit to start the update.
First of all the device never booted up. So I find that I can install the recovery software.
I paperclip the button while connecting the usb and get the "new hardware discovered".
But when I try to update software and point it to the usb folder it tells me it can't locate the device.

i have the same problem. please advice
kudlinux

Postby mistermentality » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:48 pm

kudlinux wrote:

i have the same problem. please advice

I had same problems on 64 bit Windows 7 but followed the advice of other forum members and threads, including the first few pages of this one, to correct the problem.

Are you using 64 bit windows? If so follow the instructions detailed at the start of this thread but make sure you download the 64 bit software linked to a few pages back from this one and simply point the update driver request to the sixty four bit driver instead.

Dave
mistermentality

Postby kudlinux » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:36 am

its 32 bit windows. Would you please suggest me a mehthod other than livesuite?
kudlinux

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:46 am

Right now, livesuit is the way.

When it tells you that it can't find the device, what happens if you unplug it and plug it back in (holding the reset with the paper clip again)?
EnvyThisStuff

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum