MK802 Firmware

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: Firmware

Postby twjordo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:09 pm

yes the new firmware is released and is located here

after several attempts to link the firmware to you here i suggest you look on page 3 of the rev.2 firmware topic for the download links
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby hmanxx » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:04 pm

Hi,
May I know the FW link on page 1 (mirror by Andy) is the MK802 factory shipped with FW released June 8 ? Is it safe to revert to this FW from Rev 2 . I find Rev 2 is worst than the original..The use physical keyboard mapping is taken out on Rev 2 which is very annoying ..every text entry..the online keyboard will pop out. besides, the rev 2 default browser is very slow..
hmanxx

Postby twjordo » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:53 pm

yes the new firmware is in the rev2 firmware topic and the original firmware is located on page one of this topic
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby fenyx » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Hi. I have updated to latest release via livesuit (w7 64bit). Android is working but there are ofc known issues. But beside that i can't write anything to my internal SDcard. Also filenames on that card has very strange names consisting of various characters. Above that i can't edit files responsible for keymapping nor for other permissions like writing to extdsd card(which is one of known issues). I even can't apply chmod on them. And yes i am doing that as root. Any ideas how to fix that?

EDIT: fixed the issue with permissions. just putted "busybox" in front of chmod command.
fenyx

Postby Rattenbo » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:42 pm

Krankdroid! Thanks very much for posting the MK802_Recovery.zip file on Dropbox. The one on the Rikomagic.co.uk support site always stops at the 12MB point and the one on Deposit files takes an hour to download.

Much Appreciated
-Richard-
Rattenbo

Postby temiatwork » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:20 am

krankdroid wrote:Firmware dropbox mirror here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/13yhpp6pg5tqj ... covery.zip

thanks for sharing this.
temiatwork

Postby al_3sjad » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:18 am

temiatwork wrote:
krankdroid wrote:Firmware dropbox mirror here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/13yhpp6pg5tqj ... covery.zip

thanks for sharing this.

What is the zip password ?, thanks.
al_3sjad

Postby 7gismo » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:42 am

After digging a bit more on the forum, I've discovered my MK802 II suffers from the ugly internal storage issue (showing no space left) after a random shutdown. It looks like it's related to installing/upgrading busybox on the system as one of the users here on the forum suggested. And I thought it was addressed in the last firmware, which I BTW. used for a reflash every time I ran into the internal storage problem.
Could developers of the firmware confirm or deny my suggestion?

Any help how to deal with the internal storage error without reinstalling firmware permanently is much appreciated.
7gismo

Postby 7gismo » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:13 am

I'm very unhappy to announce, this at the beginning nice and handy device has become a complete nightmare. With initial freezes (that I didn't mention since I could kind of lived with them, what can you do) through internal storage error up to the latest and perhaps most serious issue: the device won't start
at all, even after I reflashed it following the right instructions. It worked before, but now I've come to an dead end. It almost looks like to me the unit I received could have been faulty since the very beginning until it fried completely.

Don't get me wrong people, I really loved it first, but eventually it's gone down the hill very fast.

I'LL ASK FOR A FULL REFUND.
7gismo

Postby 7gismo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:39 pm

All's sorted now after the help from Rikomagic. Thank you ;)
7gismo

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum