CWM Recovery Installation + CM9 & CM10 for original Mk802

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: CWM Recovery Installation + CM9 + CM10 Preview

Postby pel » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:15 am

KEgg wrote:
voidmain wrote:Hi ppl, i cannot get any input method to work in my MK802 i tryied with USB keyboard and USB mouse but no way, i get 4 screens and if i move the mouse, press a button or a key, it reboots, any clues on how to work with that?
I'm using the 4.0.4 version of CWM but i tryied with the other one too, no luck, same result and, with the CWM in the Livesuit image from zulu i get correct scren output but still no input... I'm pulling my hair off with this :S

Thanks in adavance.

Make sure that the keyboard/mouse are plugged directly into the Mk802.. If a USB hub is connecting your keyboard to the device, this will not work in CWM.. all the issues are addressed in the first post back on page one.. please read carefully.

i quite happily use a hub, though only can use keyboard to input (mouse does not work). with four screens look at right hand one and use keyboard arrow up/down to navigate and left arrow to make a choice. the screen may alternate between showing the menu and black, so just make amental note where the cursor is when the screen goes black.
good lubk!
pel

Postby voidmain » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:56 pm

pel wrote:i quite happily use a hub, though only can use keyboard to input (mouse does not work). with four screens look at right hand one and use keyboard arrow up/down to navigate and left arrow to make a choice. the screen may alternate between showing the menu and black, so just make amental note where the cursor is when the screen goes black.
good lubk!

I readed first post, i readed the entire thread, there is others with the same problem, some of them sorted it by using another Keyboard/mouse, i have 6 USB mouses and 3 keyboards, none of those work :/
I'm not using a hub, i'm using a wired USB keyboard and mouse but both make the screen go black and the selection does not change in any way it keeps only the first item selected, i think i gonna flash 4.0.3 and try again because with FW rev2 and the mouses/keyboards i have it doesn't work at all.
voidmain

Re: CWM Recovery Installation + CM9 & CM10

Postby xRA1N » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:11 pm

same problem
I got a mk802 with buildin mic and colorful case
http://hkhanlin.en.alibaba.com/product/ ... layer.html

and tried all my usb keyboard/mouse. cwm will reboot, if move or press any key.
xRA1N

Re: CWM Recovery Installation + CM9 & CM10

Postby KEgg » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:28 pm

xRA1N wrote:same problem
I got a mk802 with buildin mic and colorful case
http://hkhanlin.en.alibaba.com/product/ ... layer.html

and tried all my usb keyboard/mouse. cwm will reboot, if move or press any key.

Starting to think that what you have is not an official RikoMagic Mk802, but one of the many other versions that has adopted the name to boost their sales. With it having a Mic built (which is not present in both the Riko Mk802 or II), it's possible that it also has other differences when it comes to hardware. Wondering if this is the same for voidmain??
KEgg

Re: CWM Recovery Installation + CM9 & CM10 for original Mk80

Postby voidmain » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:42 pm

No, not me, it is an MK802, no mic, it is the Rikomagic one.
voidmain

Postby voidmain » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Well, finally i managed to get CM10 installed, i followed the first post instructions to install CWM and then i put this in /cache/recovery/extendedcommand

Code: Select all
run_program("/sbin/cp", "-R", "/cache/recovery", "/tmp/recovery");
ui_print("ROM Manager Version 5.0.2.0");
ui_print("Septiembre 12, 2012");
ui_print("Preparing to install ROM...");
run_program("/sbin/mount", "/sdcard");
format("system");
format("data");
format("cache");
assert(install_zip("/sdcard/cm10_a10_20120909.zip"));
assert(install_zip("/sdcard/cm10_a10_20120909_fixes.zip"));
assert(install_zip("/sdcard/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip"));
assert(install_zip("/sdcard/mk802_legacy-compatibility-jb_v4.zip"));
mount("/system");
run_program("/sbin/chmod", "+x", "/tmp/recovery/restorerommanager.sh");
run_program("/tmp/recovery/restorerommanager.sh");

And then issued: adb shell "echo -n boot-recovery | busybox dd of=/dev/block/nandf count=1 conv=sync; sync; reboot"

I hope this help others in the same situation as me.

BTW this is a nice method to flash several zips at once, i really like it more than a GUI...
voidmain

Postby chateau » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:05 pm

KEgg wrote:
zulu99 wrote:If you want to speed up the process of installing the CyanogenMod look at this:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57&start=20#p3277

This is great. But after testing this on my spare 802, this custom livesuite CWM recovery is only good for those who are using CM9/10 or those with Mk802's that are still using the original stock firmware Android 4.0.3(New2-ak003) that came with the device. On trying to restore a backup of my 802 that uses Android 4.0.4, its now using the previous cedar(all the old jerks and screeen glitches are back), and the screen had become strangely offset to the right and down.

Excellent for those using the CM9/10 though. :D

Cheers

I am not so sure it is working correctly for CM10 either. The TV display looks OK on CM10 but I lost my internal sdcard when doing a new install on CM10. Also lost it when restoring a Uberoid V1.1 backup plus had the out of whack display on that as well. I think zulu99 may be aware of this. Link https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/d ... age?page=2
chateau

Postby erduk » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:16 am

voidmain can you explain steps a little bit more? I couldn't figure it out what will be the batch name and how will I execute it.

btw I tried every CWM versions (Christian Troy's, fun_'s, and even special livesuit image for CWM boot) all of them same issue. whenever I press a button or move mouse blank screen and then cursor still in same position. I'm in edge of freak out :lol:

and which one is better you think CM9 or CM10? and why?

cheers
erduk

Postby xRA1N » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:53 pm

My copycat mk802 stoped at cm9bootlog

here is cwm log it failed to format system/data/cache volume.

click to view log on Pasteall.org
xRA1N

Postby voidmain » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm

erduk wrote:voidmain can you explain steps a little bit more? I couldn't figure it out what will be the batch name and how will I execute it.

btw I tried every CWM versions (Christian Troy's, fun_'s, and even special livesuit image for CWM boot) all of them same issue. whenever I press a button or move mouse blank screen and then cursor still in same position. I'm in edge of freak out :lol:

and which one is better you think CM9 or CM10? and why?

cheers

I feel your pain, i was facing the same problems as you, thats why i looked for an alternative approach, this one works, i'll explain it step by step so others may benefit from it too, this steps assumes you have Android SDK and the MK802 USB drivers installed and that you have downloaded (and extracted) the required files from the first post.

First of all, plug your MK802 to your desk PC and wait for it to boot, then open a command prompt (in Windows -> Win+R -> cmd -> Enter ) then go to you Android SDK platform-tools folder (mine is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools) and type:
adb remount
to mount /system partition in rw mode (i'm not sure this is necessary but it won't hurt)
This step is for flashing CWM if you already did that and have it working (don't worry about input, we just need it to be able to boot in CWM) you can skip this step and go to "Create script for extendedcommand".

Flash CWM from ADB
Locate "recovery.img" (this file comes from the MK802_recovery.zip that you downloaded from first post, in my case i used the 4.0.4 version because i had FW rev 2 but i don't think it makes any difference because we are going to use only ADB for commands and CWM to automate the recovery but not to interact with it)
Once you located that file take note of the full path and do:
adb push "X:\Full\path\to\recovery.img" /sdcard/recovery.img
(double quotes are needed in case you have special chars or spaces in your path).
Once that finnishes you can push the other needed files to external sdcard (i'm not sure you can do it easily from internal but, may be, because when i tryied was after flashing via Livesuit the FW rev1, AKA 003 and internal sdcard was at zero size)
you can push those via ADB or copy via Explorer if you have it mounted, if you want to do it via ADB you can issue the following command:
adb push "X:\full\path\to\file.zip" /mnt/ext-sd/file.zip
for each file, now we can begin with next step:

Create script for extendedcommand
Open your favorite text editor (i use Notepad++) and paste this for CM10:
format("/system");
format("/data");
format("/cache");
assert(install_zip("/sdcard/cm10_a10_20120909.zip"));
assert(install_zip("/sdcard/cm10_a10_20120909_fixes.zip"));
assert(install_zip("/sdcard/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip"));
assert(install_zip("/sdcard/mk802_legacy-compatibility-jb_v4.zip"));
mount("/system");

Or this for CM9:
format("/cache");
format("/system");
format("/data");
assert(install_zip("/sdcard/cm9_nightly_20120721.zip"));
assert(install_zip("/sdcard/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip"));
assert(install_zip("/sdcard/mk802_legacy-compatibility_v1.zip"));
mount("/system");

Remember to replace the names and path of CM9/10 files, in CWM recovery, if the external sd card is inserted /sdcard points to it.
Save the document and take note of the path.
Now, back to the command prompt, do:
adb shell "mkdir -p /cache/recovery"
(this is just to make sure the directory exists, if you know its there, you can ignore this step)
Now you will "push" extendedcommand to that dir like this:
adb push "X:\full\path\to\extendedcommand" /cache/recovery/extendedcommand

Thats it! now we can reboot in recovery (note that if you do adb reboot recovery it won't work, i'm not quite sure why but it doesn't, at least in my experiments)
To do that, still in command prompt do:
adb shell
Enter
echo -n boot-recovery | busybox dd of=/dev/block/nandf count=1 conv=sync; sync; reboot

Wait for device to reboot and then wait for device to install CM (it will take about 3-5 minutes), you can monitor that via ADB if you don't have the HDMI plugged.
To monitor the device status with ADB you can do:
adb shell
Enter
ps
Enter, this will list active processes, you can watch what the device is doing, if you need you can check dmesg too.

I hope ths helps, i did it this way 3 times now and it works flawlessly.

Now, about wich one is better (for me, of course), well, i liked CM10, really, feature-wise is so much better but it have some problems (like i cannot set HDMI mode, beside it detects my 1080p screen without problems i would like to be able to change it to 720p when i want to), Netflix performs really bad in CM10 also and, since the main use of my MK its to watch movies/series and Netflix its one of the most used apps for that in my house, well, i'll wait for a more "mature" CM10...
voidmain

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum