CWM Recovery Installation + CM9 & CM10 for original Mk802

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: CWM Recovery Installation + CM9 & CM10 for original Mk80

Postby KEgg » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:43 am

tronn wrote: the wi-fi is not working, on both CM9 and CM10, im guessing this custom-rom is not for the Mk802 ii, is there a CM9/10 for the MK802 ii ?

Tronn

The Rom that's available should work for all three versions of Riko Mk802. What's probably needed for Mk802II is a new compatibility zip specifically for the device (As said back on the first page).

With the original Mk802, I found that the wifi (local area connection ok, but no internet) would stop working if you had a blue-tooth dongle plugged in.

If there are other Mk802II users reading this, please confirm wifi not working.. if you've already have a nandroid backup of the firmware, you should think about heading to Christian Troys XDA thread and ask if he could create a compatibility zip for it using the boot.img from the backup. If I had an Mk802II, I would do it.. But I'm waiting for the next big incarnation before buying another one... but the UG802 is very tempting
KEgg

Postby hipersoke » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:52 pm

I can confirm that the wifi in mk802 II is not working under CM9 or CM10.
I really need a new compatibility zip, cause CM10 had bigger performance than the official one :(
hipersoke

Postby tronn » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:38 am

KEgg wrote:
The Rom that's available should work for all three versions of Riko Mk802.

Since this device is "unbrickeble" i tried to flash the en-us-NEW2-ak003.img( its for another MK802, not the MK802II) with livesuite, the flashing went well, it booted up, but its the same here, no WIFI, same as in CM9/CM10 so I would guess there are some hw difference between the MK802 modeles
tronn

Postby tronn » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:09 pm

With logcat i see some error messages like this

Failed to reload STA firmware java.lang.IllegalStateException: command '8 softap fwreload wlan0 STA' failed with '400 8 Softap operation failed (No such file or directory)'

When searching for this on XDA, i find this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... 09&page=11

Looks like I need to do some changes to BoardConfig.mk as I can't see any path settings in the .config for the kernel.

The BoardConfig.mk isn't that a part of the Cyanogenmod sources ?

Then I wounder how this can be solved through a legacy-compatibility pack !

In Christian Troys changelog for CM9/CM10 he write

Changelog

build 2012-09-13

*** This will be the latest release. Rom development is now discontinued since I moved to other SoCs ***

So I'll flash back to stock again

-Tronn
tronn

Postby craleu » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:15 am

MK802 II Bricked, can boot into linux but cant get anything else working
cant connect to pc nothing

any help?
craleu

Postby stepir » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:28 am

how about the recovery button on the side?
stepir

Postby stepir » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:23 am

compatibility zip is being developed here:
http://androidforums.com/google-tv/6084 ... -mm-2.html

if anyone can support....
stepir

Postby tronn » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:34 pm

craleu wrote:MK802 II Bricked, can boot into linux but cant get anything else working
cant connect to pc nothing

any help?

Sounds like it's not totally bricked then if you boot linux, I have a rescue boot on microsd card, made with the Phoneix utility, works everytime. Maybe you could try that
tronn

Postby tronn » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:13 pm

stepir wrote:compatibility zip is being developed here:
http://androidforums.com/google-tv/6084 ... -mm-2.html

if anyone can support....

What excatly are those compatibility zip, are they so difficult to make, are there any guides to make them. Would be nice too not be depended on one or two persons to make these
tronn

Postby Kurbits » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:34 pm

I had problems mounting my internal SD Card, both while using CM9 and CM10. The problem was that when i tried to access the internal SD Card (mounted to /SDCARD) i got feedback that nothing was mounted there.
This gave a lot of problems in many places in the system because a lot of stuff assumes that you have something mounted there.

I managed to solve it and wanted to share my solution since i see that many others seems to have the same problem.
I messed around with a lot of things (formatting, partitioning and more) so i am not sure that what i am describing is the ONLY thing that is required.

To fix this i browsed the system with "Root Explorer" (bought it earlier from market. ES File explorer or similar could work as well) and mounted the system as RW (inside Root Explorer).
Then i went to /system/etc and opened the file vold.fstab with text editor. I changed the line where the /SDCARD was mounted from using "/dev/block/nandk" to instead using "/dev/block/nandi".
Then i saved and rebooted the system. Now it works.
Kurbits

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum