CWM Recovery Installation + CM9 & CM10 for original Mk802

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: CWM Recovery Installation

Postby chesterx » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:18 pm

The cm9 fw update screws up the screen again. I'm sticking with the official rev2fw. That screen size annoys the hell out of me. Worth dealing with CWM in 4 screens. Fixed enter key =28. Fixed extsd permissions. Have to live for now.
chesterx

Postby KEgg » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:22 pm

chesterx wrote:The cm9 fw update screws up the screen again. I'm sticking with the official rev2fw. That screen size annoys the hell out of me. Worth dealing with CWM in 4 screens. Fixed enter key =28. Fixed extsd permissions. Have to live for now.

Also noticed the screen size issue with CM9... also has no audio.

You have the link to the XDA forum that fun_ is currently posting on?... He's labelled his CM9 AllWinner 10 thread as obsolete
KEgg

Postby KEgg » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:06 am

Well, after playing with CM9 quite a bit tonight, I've found a few things that need fixing and tweaking before this becomes a true replacement for Mk802 stock or revised Firmware..

Things that ain't working

1.. No Audio from Mk802
2.. Every single video I tried from Mp4 to AVI wouldn't playback.
3.. Bluetooth support seems to be broke (tested with Belkin bluetooth dongle and cheap £1.50 mini adapter)

Tweaks needed for user experience

1.. mouse buttons need remapping so we have select, menu and back instead of select, select and... oh yeah... select ;)
2.. Ability to hide the phone signal icon

Did manage to get in and tweak a few things myself like the screen dpi.

This CM9 was installed over 003 Firmware via CWM

Visually this version runs as smooth as the new Mk802 firmware, but is a lot faster at running applications. Just a few more tweaks and this will be the FW of choice.

**Note..
All change.. have updated the 1st post, back on page one, to point you in the direction of a new CM9 build. This one has all bells and whistles working. The only downside is its having to use the previous FW (003) to enable the likes of audio and HW video decoding.... and yes.. you can install this over rev2 firmware
Last edited by KEgg on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KEgg

Postby ruffnutts » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:53 pm

I got CWM the rev2 firmware but it don't desply properly any ideas?
ruffnutts

Postby atok » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:58 pm

I installed CWM and tried to install CM9 but forgot to factory reset/wipe data before install. Now when booted it just runs CM9 animation forever.
Is there a way to boot into CWM from external SD card ?
atok

Postby KEgg » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:39 pm

ruffnutts wrote:I got CWM the rev2 firmware but it don't desply properly any ideas?

I presume you mean CWM is not displaying correctly? Fun_ is going to look at fixing the quad view issue which was caused by a change in the kernels cedar. We will have to wait as Fun_ is pretty busy and his time on this project is limited due other commitments. All this has been explained in the first post back on page one.
KEgg

Re: CWM Recovery Installation + CM9

Postby Elindric » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:50 pm

Can't get the install-recovery.sh to work. It seems like the CWM image isn't in the right place for the path to be right, but there isn't a way to do it. The SD card is mounted with a /ext/ path in front of it, not just /sdcard/. Has anyone else run into this?
Elindric

Postby KEgg » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:25 pm

Elindric wrote:Can't get the install-recovery.sh to work. It seems like the CWM image isn't in the right place for the path to be right, but there isn't a way to do it. The SD card is mounted with a /ext/ path in front of it, not just /sdcard/. Has anyone else run into this?

When running the script do you see any error message? normally it would state that it cant find the .img file (showing the path that it can't find).. if everything goes correctly, all you would see is 'done' in the script managers terminal window. If you feel its not finding the .img file correctly you can open the .sh in any text editor and edit the path. The way that Android mounts the inetrnal sd is via symlinks so /sdcard/ and /mnt/sdcard/ are the same..From what I can gather you're confusing internal sd (/sdcard/ or /mnt/sdcard/) with external sd (/mnt/extsd).. the files must be placed in /mnt/sdcard/(internal sd) to work straight off the bat.
KEgg

Postby kudlinux » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:32 pm

I followed the procedure. I install nigtly.zip and apps.zip and then I choose reboot system now' but the device doesn't boot. I'm not installing compatibility.zip. is this also required?
kudlinux

Postby kudlinux » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:34 pm

Which cm9 works well? Christn troy or fun?
kudlinux

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum