CWM Recovery Installation + CM9 & CM10 for original Mk802

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: CWM Recovery Installation + CM9

Postby kudlinux » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:05 am

ruffnutts wrote:Here is all you need in one rar file for cm9 install....

http://ppl.ug/ZO9CXfTsgXI/

Please make sure you have firmware REV2 already installed.. follow the instructions on this forum ;)

ruffnutts

P.S I did this to my Z802 512MB version...

I too did in Z802 of 512 MB version. the installation was successful The only problem is android built in soft keyboard. I only have one mouse, and I want to use the default soft keyboard which the CM9 does not show up when i want to input anything as text.

Also I'm using one app called "live cricket", when i open this app, the 37 inch tv screen goes horizontal. is there any way i can prevent this?
kudlinux

Postby ruffnutts » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:02 am

kudlinux wrote:
I too did in Z802 of 512 MB version. the installation was successful The only problem is android built in soft keyboard. I only have one mouse, and I want to use the default soft keyboard which the CM9 does not show up when i want to input anything as text.

Also I'm using one app called "live cricket", when i open this app, the 37 inch tv screen goes horizontal. is there any way i can prevent this?

Could you not just install a keyboard from google pley there's loads.. what about the app better keyboard?

Its just one of those things with apps flipping the screen some are just not made for landscape did you uncheck auto rotate in settings/display? I think theres a screen rotate lock somewhere...
ruffnutts

Postby kudlinux » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:50 pm

On every boot , date has to be manually corrected in settings and it save the date. Is there a fix?
kudlinux

Postby tr3s » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:02 am

Ruffnuts install this to prevent screen rotation :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1412752
tr3s

Postby kudlinux » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:44 am

tr3s wrote:Ruffnuts install this to prevent screen rotation :

thanks , i will try.
The persisting problem is the device does not save the date. in every reboot date has to changed otherwise while browsing throws SSL certificate errors.
kudlinux

Postby Lim Wee Huat » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:52 am

Just installed CWM then flashed CM9 by following the given instructions... I think It's working GREAT. This is so much better than stock... I would recommend this to every MK802 owner. Thanks!

* Chainfire's stickmount app (USB OTG) is also working perfectly...

Regards...
Lim Wee Huat

Postby ruffnutts » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:30 am

tr3s wrote:Ruffnuts install this to prevent screen rotation :

Thanks will do :)

Anyone try a xbox 360 controller as the cm9 has support?
ruffnutts

Postby KEgg » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:41 am

ruffnutts wrote:Anyone try a xbox 360 controller as the cm9 has support?

Had a wireless 360 controller being recognised by CM9... usual problem (that I have even with my Xoom), some games see an axis is always active, so becomes hard to setup keys.. this occurs in Dead Trigger, and a few other titles I've tried.

otherwise I've had a success with all USB controllers I've tried... Tethered PS3 controller, Xbox 360, PS2 (via adapter), logitech gamepad, and a seriously old Thrustmaster.

Been having issues with Bluetooth though... devices are picked up, not always pairing, and when they do, they wont connect after.. new dongle arrived this morning, and another still to come. Will see if these will make a difference.
KEgg

Postby ruffnutts » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:59 am

KEgg wrote:
ruffnutts wrote:Anyone try a xbox 360 controller as the cm9 has support?

Had a wireless 360 controller being recognised by CM9... usual problem (that I have even with my Xoom), some games see an axis is always active, so becomes hard to setup keys.. this occurs in Dead Trigger, and a few other titles I've tried.

otherwise I've had a success with all USB controllers I've tried... Tethered PS3 controller, Xbox 360, PS2 (via adapter), logitech gamepad, and a seriously old Thrustmaster.

Been having issues with Bluetooth though... devices are picked up, not always pairing, and when they do, they wont connect after.. new dongle arrived this morning, and another still to come. Will see if these will make a difference.

Wireless xbox never work for me all other usb gamepads have worked though..

BTW is there still problems with the CWM desplying quad screens.. or is there a new version as I want to now install CM9 on my 1GB MK802?

Cheers
ruffnutts

Postby ruffnutts » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:05 am

Chainfire's stickmount app (USB OTG)

@Lim Wee Huat can you post the .apk as its free... because according to google play its not compatible with the MK802

Cheers
ruffnutts
ruffnutts

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum