Re: Slow wifi for no apparent reason.

Postby daithi » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:48 pm

same issues for me.
Its headed for the bin now.
Sick of it.
daithi

Postby tunko » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:31 am

has any body found a solution to this issue my MK802 iii can only download at 117 kbps :evil:
tunko

Postby supercolossal » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:54 am

Could this be the reason why I'm not able to stream fullhd mkv files over wifi from another pc?

Been thinking it could be WirelessG and was planning to go to N, if somehow the download rate on the wifi interface is capped, then I'll have to reconsider.

Streaming 5GB 720p mkv files over the network stutters and buffers every few seconds.
supercolossal

Postby hardserve » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:40 pm

I was able to fix the poor wi-fi performance on my Rikomagic MK802 III after much fiddling around.

I had tried all of the swaps and changes other users listed in the previous postings, with no success. Using the Speedtest.net app, I was only getting 0.4Mbps download, but surprisingly 1.5Mbps upload. My wi-fi router is a Cisco/Linksys E4200 running Tomato firmware.

Finally I setup a spare Trendnet N router reset to all default parameters, and voila, Speedtest starts reporting a download speed of 40Mbps on the MK802. Reconnecting the MK802 back to E4200 router, I switched its 802.11n Preamble setting from "Greenfield" to "Mixed Mode", and the same miracle occured - Speedtest on the MK802 reported downloading at 40Mbps. I'm also able to stream from a NAS without choppiness, which was hopeless before. And here I was just about toss the MK802 into the trash.

So it seems the MK802 III does not support 802.11n high throughput/greenfield mode (which sucks given that no other device that has ever connected to my wireless setup in greenfield mode has had this issue). Now leaving the 802.1n preamble to mixed mode. Worked for me, but your mileage may vary.

Good luck to the rest of you.
hardserve

Postby supercolossal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 am

Will need to try out those preamble settings on my G router.

I've tried to use other pc's in the same network to stream over wifi and it works perfectly, seems like the mk802 is hte problem.
supercolossal

Postby code103 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:44 am

I'm not sure id this is a solution. But, I simply put a short extention cable between my usb port and my mouse dongle. I figured since it's so close it would cause interference.
It greatly improved my situation. Hope you all the best
code103

Postby bigbill » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:19 pm

Chaps... have a look at what I put here.... Ifixed this issue on my III with it

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4440
bigbill

Postby proplayer44 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:41 am

I figured it out. Don't plug the mouse or maybe anything in the USB port. Either its too close to the other power port or something about it being too close to wifi antenna. I moved the mouse to use the usb dongle into the the UTG port or whatever its called. My speed test immediately went up to 6 meg from 1 meg. All is well and stable as a result.
proplayer44

Postby mmsegundo » Sun May 18, 2014 7:56 pm

Tried all the solutions above:

1. Put a cell phone charger with 700mA as power source and the device turned off after a couple of minutes. Didn't gave me time to test the connection speed .
2. Put a extension cable to plug the wireless mouse dongle and the speed didn't increase.
3. Installed the Network Speed Booster, didn't work either.

4. The only thing I was unable to do was change the preamble of my wireless router (Technicollor TC7110.B), because I think it doesn't have this option (I couldn't find it, anyway).

Since the thread is 2 years old, did someone found a definitive solution?
mmsegundo

Previous

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum