Page 3 of 4

Re: Slow wifi for no apparent reason.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:03 pm
by toebee
baronpork wrote:So, at last i got the gadget. Intended to use it to stream movies off local DLNA.
And apparently my mk802 is absolutely useless at it because i just cannot get anything faster than ~300-500 kbps out of it.
My network is fine, i have three other android devices that easily speedtest at 6-8 mbps. At the same time as mk802 is on and connected...
The other devices are SGS1 SGS2 and SG Tab 7". Even my old piece of junk HTC Touch Pro reaches up to 5mbps...

So, what gives ?

Tried testing with HDMI cable out - no change.
Tried connecting with hdmi cable out - no change as well.
Tried changing wifi channels - no change. Not that it would make any difference, there are no nearby Wifi to interfere...
Tried disconnecting my wireless analogue CCTV - no change.

So, any ideas ?


I am having the exact same problem. Max download speeds are 0.75Mb/s Even thou other wifi devices are between 7-10Mb/s in the same room. I've tried all of the different firmwares I could find. Tried different wall outlets. I am at a loss as to how to fix it. It's pretty useless with such slow speeds.

Re: Slow wifi for no apparent reason.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:01 pm
by DreamFX
same deal here tried every rom...while it seems a little better with rev2 stock it still has horrible speed....i even tried usb ethernet with same results.

Re: Slow wifi for no apparent reason.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:03 pm
by Hammond
Happening with mine too. It is strange though...

When I first got the MK802 I plugged it in to my monitor's HDMI socket to set it up. That all went fine, wireless signal was normal and everything downloaded with no problems. Decided to install firmware 2 and then Uberoid. Wireless still fine.

Finally plugged it in to the TV a couple of days later after setting up was done and it took ages to connect. When it was connected I tried downloading something from the play store and it would just barely start then download about 4.14kb of the file every 10 seconds. Couldn't load any webpages and would only load the Play store half the time.

Plugged it back in to my monitor and the speed was back to normal. Ping was like 1200 or something, but the speed was fine.

No idea what is going on.

Re: Slow wifi for no apparent reason.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:18 am
by DreamFX
i have same issue lol...its like hit or miss whether or not its fast or slow...never seen anything like it in my life

Re: Slow wifi for no apparent reason.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:01 am
by toebee
DreamFX wrote:same deal here tried every rom...while it seems a little better with rev2 stock it still has horrible speed....i even tried usb ethernet with same results.

Damn I was going to pick up a usb ethernet to try. Thanks for the heads up.

Re: Slow wifi for no apparent reason.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:03 am
by EnvyThisStuff
Hammond wrote:Finally plugged it in to the TV a couple of days later after setting up was done and it took ages to connect. When it was connected I tried downloading something from the play store and it would just barely start then download about 4.14kb of the file every 10 seconds. Couldn't load any webpages and would only load the Play store half the time.


What happens when you plug it into the TV with the TV antennae and all other TV inputs (and outputs for that matter too) to it removed?

Re: Slow wifi for no apparent reason.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:00 pm
by toebee
EnvyThisStuff wrote:
Hammond wrote:Finally plugged it in to the TV a couple of days later after setting up was done and it took ages to connect. When it was connected I tried downloading something from the play store and it would just barely start then download about 4.14kb of the file every 10 seconds. Couldn't load any webpages and would only load the Play store half the time.


What happens when you plug it into the TV with the TV antennae and all other TV inputs (and outputs for that matter too) to it removed?

I have tried monitors, tv's, nothing at all, even tried it with the router right next to it. I saw no change whatsoever. This is the second one I have tried.

Re: Slow wifi for no apparent reason.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:33 pm
by jtice
I just got my KM802 and its doing the same thing, its so slow I cant play any kind of movie over the LAN or WAN. It will buffer like mad.
Very disappointing, I have no choice but to return it.

Re: Slow wifi for no apparent reason.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:20 am
by rogalxxx
You mentioned mouse lagging problem. I've got the same issue. Any way to get rid of it?

Re: Slow wifi for no apparent reason.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:31 pm
by XaRDaX
Same issue with my brand new MK802 III... I've updated firmware but I've got any changes...
I'm very disappointed because the device with such a slow speed ( <200 kB/s) is useless for me... :x