THE MK802II IS HERE!

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: THE MK802II IS HERE!

Postby MiniUser » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:25 am

So chuffed to have received my MK802II today but plugged it into the tele and get nothing. Any ideas on what's the problem? Should I only use the USB cable included in the box for power or can I use any cable with the appropriate miniUSB connector? Cheers... :?
MiniUser

Postby sabaideemai » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:50 pm

Can this device display web browser at 1080p?
sabaideemai

Postby dlin » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:46 am

MiniUser wrote:So chuffed to have received my MK802II today but plugged it into the tele and get nothing. Any ideas on what's the problem? Should I only use the USB cable included in the box for power or can I use any cable with the appropriate miniUSB connector? Cheers... :?

1. make sure you plug in the correct hole.(watch the power icon on back).
2. make sure you plug in USB 2.0 (or power adapter with more then 1A directlty), usb 1.0 on some old TV could not work.
dlin

Postby MiniUser » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:49 am

Hi,
Thanks for your suggestions. I did plug it into the correct spot and I was using a 5v power adapter. Nothing. Then since I didn't know what to do I followed the instructions to recover and wound up wiping my device completely. So I don't know what to do now. Is there a way to re-install the base OS somehow?

dlin wrote:
MiniUser wrote:So chuffed to have received my MK802II today but plugged it into the tele and get nothing. Any ideas on what's the problem? Should I only use the USB cable included in the box for power or can I use any cable with the appropriate miniUSB connector? Cheers... :?

1. make sure you plug in the correct hole.(watch the power icon on back).
2. make sure you plug in USB 2.0 (or power adapter with more then 1A directlty), usb 1.0 on some old TV could not work.
MiniUser

Postby aLeXandEr » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:19 pm

OK here it goes,
I received my MK802 II, three days ago, since then I have experienced the following;

1. couldn't get Netflix to work.
Well I finally did, I followed this; viewtopic.php?f=2&t=449
Then downloaded and installed this; http://www.iapktop.com/netflix-1-7-0.html
That did it. Though it was still very finicky, such as I uninstalled the app after I had it working, re-installed it and it didn't work again. Rebooted the device tried to re-install, still nothing. Re-booted and re-downloaded the apk, worked again.

2. The above has been the case with a number of apps, especially when side loaded. A re-boot usually clears up the issue, but sometimes I have to re-download the apk for it to work. Also I've had many Amazon apps fail install, usually I get them to go, but a few wont at all.

basically [SOLVED][HELP] This is my major concern.
3. Since day one the HDMI has been going out on me. I have to pull out and put back in the HDMI plug. Then it works again, sometimes. Sometimes it takes multiple tries. This seems to happen under heavier loads like playing Angry Birds or other games, though it has also happened running a live wall paper, watching Netflix, and browsing the internet.
It's especially bad right after booting the MK802 II when cold. The problem seems to clear up as things heat up, BUT, the issue seems to be getting increasingly worse hour by hour and day by day. What to do?
I have another 40in. Sony Bravia I will try the MK802 II on tonight, but unfortunately I expect the same results.
I have searched and searched for anyone else having this issue, but everything related to this issue and said device are the previous models MK802/MK802+
I know I have the latest model from this research as well, cooling holes, named ports, ect., though I'm sure there isn't 4GB's of internal storage as sighted more like 2.5GB's, but everything else seems to check out.

MK802 II (set to 720p 60HZ), to provided HDMI cord, to Magnavox 19in. HDTV (720p), powered USB 2.0 hub (for power supply)

ThankX in advance for any and all help folks!!!

[EDIT] After trying the MK802II on my 40in. Sony Bravia, I've had no issues with the HDMI. So I guess the HDMI jack on the 19in. magnavox is kinda pretend. Or at least incapable of delivering highly graphic content like Angry Birds or a live wallpaper to the TV screen. This sucks because that's the TV we bought the MK802II for, in order to watch Netflix, but at least I know the MK802II isn't the culprit, and I can look for a replacement TV that has the hardware goods to handle the graphics, maybe for Xmas.

And now on to a new and better issue, of course. If anyone is familiar with "Droidmote"?
Thread over on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1292627
The server client on the MK802II, and the app on whatever other android device, are said to work with the MK802II right outta the box, this was not the case with the MK802/MK802+. However this was also not the case with my MK802II, and the only reason I can think of, as I followed the directions to a T, is I updated the firmware, as previously stated from here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=449
but even that doesn't compute for me. So if anyone here has updated to the latest firmware and has been able to get the Droidmote server client talking to the app I'd be grateful to know. I will be trying a clean install of the firmware on the MK802II this weekend to see if I cant get Droidmote going, and/or returning the MK802II back to the firmware it came with, as I was able to run a backup of the OEM firmware via CWM before I updated.
And yes ladies and gentlemen I will be posting on the Droidmote thread, after I have exhausted my ideas/options for getting this thing running on my MK802II.

Again if anyone has any input it would be much appreciated!
ThankX folks
aLeXandEr

Postby ptulluri » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:33 am

Hi,

Andy,

What are the accessories that are needed to connect the new MK802 II with a Motorola lapdock. Can you kindly list those.
ptulluri

Postby andrew » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:05 pm

I apologize in advance if I missed to find the answer to this question: Is MK802 II capable of accessing video files over CIFS/SMB share (Windows share)?

Thank you.
andrew

Postby Tophe » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:58 am

Hi,

Yes, and no :D

No directly, but you can use a file explorer application (Es Explorer) or a player (Dice Player).

REgards,
Tophe
Tophe

Postby yyqfeng » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:02 am

yyqfeng

Postby Archivist » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:42 pm

Hello everyone
i am a newbie of this world.
i really wonder to know stg about this device
here is my thought: i have 1.5tb, 500gb, 500gb hdd's and thinking to buy a new 3tb one.
and than i've learned "nas" thing. if you buy a hdd with nas you should see hdd on the home net. this was revolutionary i thought.
and than when i was surfing on the internet i saw mk802. this is inspiring... very interesting.. made me happy... and i thougt that if i can use this device for my nas!'ssing porject.
this is what i want to do: seeing all hdd's on both my laptop and (without plugging it to my laptop) open movies on them in my hd tv at that time... so i can download a new movie from wireless connection to my hdd and i can reach that new movie from my couch without any extra cable connectioning or stg else...
if you say anything about this issue i will be very happy...
thank you...
Archivist

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum