Page 2 of 10

Re: THE MK802II IS HERE!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:21 pm
by mikecwel
An add to my previous post.
What i'm trying to figure out is to make acar pc based on this mini pc.
I would like to connect it to a touchscreen (hope it will work out of the box as it's android) with the hdm connection to have a mini car pc.
but the mk802 don't have audio out i wont have sound in my car (as the screen has no real audio output only a speaker at the back), so I thought to connect the MK802 to my car amplifier with another hdmi (hdmi to rca converter)
Or maybe a hdmi splitter like this one may work?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... 8&CatId=81

Thanks you for your help and answer

Re: THE MK802II IS HERE!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:26 pm
by andykirby
2 screens are not possible as there is only 1 HDMI interface.

The other linux distress should work, I haven't tested them yet but if they don't it wont be difficult to fix!

Re: THE MK802II IS HERE!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:56 pm
by EnvyThisStuff
It seems that the problem may not be the splitter (though it may or may not work) but the HDMI to RCA http://www.envythisstuff.com/techtalk/m ... .html#hdmi

Re: THE MK802II IS HERE!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:49 pm
by Zaatour36
sorry, but without a dual-core processor change, I don't it's worth the upgrade from the first version!

Re: THE MK802II IS HERE!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:58 pm
by andykirby
all in good time :)

Re: THE MK802II IS HERE!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:48 pm
by MysticWhiteDragon
Does this version include new firmware that supports USB webcams, USB IR Receivers, and USB Bluetooth dongles? What about "Sixaxis Controller" app from the google play store? I plan on turning one into a HTPC with some emulators (NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.) and would really love to have a wireless gamepad. If not, does anyone know of any wireless gamepads, preferably XBox 360 style that would work with the MK802II?

Re: THE MK802II IS HERE!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:04 am
by lambstone
Andy, will there be recovery images that we can flash?

Re: THE MK802II IS HERE!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:47 pm
by sflynn
Is there a USB to Ethernet dongle that will also power the MK802 if the CAT 5/6 wire that is connected has POE?

Re: THE MK802II IS HERE!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:05 pm
by curious
I am new to the whole mini PC realm, but I am very intersted. One application I would like to do with it is to create a small home NAS server. Would the MK802 II be able to perform such a task?

Re: THE MK802II IS HERE!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:21 pm
by andykirby
MysticWhiteDragon wrote:Does this version include new firmware that supports USB webcams, USB IR Receivers, and USB Bluetooth dongles? What about "Sixaxis Controller" app from the google play store? I plan on turning one into a HTPC with some emulators (NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.) and would really love to have a wireless gamepad. If not, does anyone know of any wireless gamepads, preferably XBox 360 style that would work with the MK802II?


This will support a webcam as the firmware is based on the REV 2 firmware recently released for the original MK802, Bluetooth is possible via other firmware available on this forum.. Not sure about the Sixaxis controller.. that would be cool!

lambstone wrote:Andy, will there be recovery images that we can flash?


Yes there will be soon, it will be uploaded to http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/support when it's available.

sflynn wrote:Is there a USB to Ethernet dongle that will also power the MK802 if the CAT 5/6 wire that is connected has POE?


Hmm interesting idea, you would probably need something that can provide data and power to the MK802's primary USB port (the one that you use for livesuit) this would be a bit like the 5 pin principle we are using on the lap docks.

curious wrote:I am new to the whole mini PC realm, but I am very intersted. One application I would like to do with it is to create a small home NAS server. Would the MK802 II be able to perform such a task?


Totally possible, I think there has been talk of this on the forums somewhere before, do a search and you should find it.