THE MK802II IS HERE!

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: THE MK802II IS HERE!

Postby jeromeof » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi,
These changes sounds great, but could we have a video or even some other indication to how much better this version is from the original MK802 ? Specifically, I would love to know if its a little faster or if there are difference in the wifi network performance (hopefully a power regulator would cause less internal interference and make the device behave better)?

Also, does the HDMI-CEC support work with this version?

Thanks
jeromeof

Postby batrarobin » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:43 am

By having an inbuilt HDMI, aren't we bringing this device too close to our expensive TVs ? especially when it excessively heats up and there's nothing been done to improve its cooling ?

There's been an incident (posted in the forums) where the device got fried when left turned ON overnight.
batrarobin

Postby sentry23 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:39 am

Already ordered and looking forward, though I'm just wondering if the kernel is already prepared for Droidmote, and if not, how to patch the kernel at the moment?
sentry23

Postby KEgg » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:58 am

sentry23 wrote:just wondering if the kernel is already prepared for Droidmote, and if not, how to patch the kernel at the moment?

At a guess, I would think the Mark II comes with, what we know as, Firmware Rev2. So you'd probably be looking at having to do all the fixes and tweaks that are scattered throughout the forum.
Maybe Andy can confirm if this is the case.
KEgg

Postby ARMguy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:59 pm

Would be a good choice for my 2nd desktop PC it it come with more core to make things run smoother. Looking forward to that as I remember that I read somewhere in this forum saying that dual-core is coming.
ARMguy

Postby volkris » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:48 pm

Number one question for me, with the redesigned PCB, is WiFi also redesigned? Is the antenna situated any differently?

The WiFi on the original MK802 was completely unusable for me due to poor reception, but I always figured it was because of antenna design since reception could be improved by carefully aligning the right face of the device toward the access point.
volkris

Postby kuisma » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:31 am

andykirby wrote:The main differences from the original MK802 are redesigned PCB layout, power regulator [...]

Does this mitigate the overheating issues some people experienced?
kuisma

Postby alp2003 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:46 am

I recived the mk802 II when I power it to usb I see blue led but I dont see any TV appearance
I thinking HDMI dont working
what cab i do ? Install another firmware or return it rikomagic :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
alp2003

Postby andykirby » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:31 am

alp2003 wrote:I recived the mk802 II when I power it to usb I see blue led but I dont see any TV appearance
I thinking HDMI dont working
what cab i do ? Install another firmware or return it rikomagic :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hi sorry to hear about your trouble, please let me know the display type. Also can you try connecting the MK802 to a USB power supply or maybe computers usb port to see if that works?

thanks,

Andy

PS.. I will answer all your other questions shortly.
andykirby
Site Admin

Postby andykirby » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:17 am

kuisma wrote:
andykirby wrote:The main differences from the original MK802 are redesigned PCB layout, power regulator [...]

Does this mitigate the overheating issues some people experienced?

The board layout has primarily been changed to accommodate the power regulator which improves the power supply to the A10 chip, stability and allow other features like shutdown etc.

The overheating issues were mainly caused by higher CPU clock speeds, rumour has it that some of the copy MK802s out there were clocked at a higher speed to start with and then those manufacturers brought the speed down when they realised.

volkris wrote:Number one question for me, with the redesigned PCB, is WiFi also redesigned? Is the antenna situated any differently?

The WiFi on the original MK802 was completely unusable for me due to poor reception, but I always figured it was because of antenna design since reception could be improved by carefully aligning the right face of the device toward the access point.

Yes there were a few reported problems with wifi on the original MK802, the same daughterboard is being used in the MK802II but there is now an integral antenna which improves the signal strength, together with the power regulation and ESD circuitry the MK802II should provide trouble free Wifi connectivity.

KEgg wrote:
sentry23 wrote:just wondering if the kernel is already prepared for Droidmote, and if not, how to patch the kernel at the moment?

At a guess, I would think the Mark II comes with, what we know as, Firmware Rev2. So you'd probably be looking at having to do all the fixes and tweaks that are scattered throughout the forum.
Maybe Andy can confirm if this is the case.

Quite correct, the firmware on the MK802II is Android 4.0.3 and is based on the Rev 2 firmware.
andykirby
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum