Shutdown app and widget

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: Shutdown app and widget

Postby twjordo » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:53 pm

i am working on a framework.jar edit and a build.prop edit that should "fake" galaxy nexus settings to allow more app compatibility...we will see and i will post needed files and instructions when it is proven functional
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:05 pm

mistermentality wrote:It's a shame Tasker doesn't work on the 802 as that could probably solve some problems by allowing us to unmount the sd then reboot or possibly shutdown the device. Does anyone have an idea what makes the Play store show Tasker as not compatible?

I have it on my phone and would love to use this on 802 as well.

Dave

I have not looked, but how does it say it is incompatible? I believe in some cases it is possible to fake out the store and then download some things safely anyway. I don't have the details for that though, and of course the caveat is that some things won't be safe.
Run into a problem? Need ***Mini PC/MK802 services***?
(installing firmware, installing LINUX, getting/setting up SD cards, etc)
Contact us! http://www.EnvyThisStuff.com
EnvyThisStuff

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:12 pm

twjordo wrote:i am working on a framework.jar edit and a build.prop edit that should "fake" galaxy nexus settings to allow more app compatibility...we will see and i will post needed files and instructions when it is proven functional

Excellent!
EnvyThisStuff

Postby chesterx » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:16 pm

I tried to download NBA Game Time and the Play Store said it was not compatible so by using FX Eplorer I connected to my Dropbox. In my Dropbox was a Titanium backup of my phone. I scrolled through all the programs within the backup until I found the NBA apk file. Downloaded it to the MK802 and installed it. Works great! Must not have been on a compatibilty list or whatever method is employed by Play Store..
chesterx

Postby mistermentality » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:38 pm

EnvyThisStuff wrote:
mistermentality wrote:It's a shame Tasker doesn't work on the 802 as that could probably solve some problems by allowing us to unmount the sd then reboot or possibly shutdown the device. Does anyone have an idea what makes the Play store show Tasker as not compatible?

I have it on my phone and would love to use this on 802 as well.

Dave

I have not looked, but how does it say it is incompatible? I believe in some cases it is possible to fake out the store and then download some things safely anyway. I don't have the details for that though, and of course the caveat is that some things won't be safe.

It doesn't say how, it just says it is incompatible and won't let me download but I have the full version from Play store on my phone so I backed up Tasker from my phone and installed the apk on MK802 but it gets to trying to install and puts up a window saying simply that it has not been installed, but no reason given.

Oddly enough it also says Titanium Root Backup is incompatible despite the fact that before I had to reflash the device I had it running and it didn't show as incompatible, however this is the first time I tried installing Tasker so cannot say if this would have been compatible before.

Dave
mistermentality

Postby twjordo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:01 am

twjordo wrote:i am working on a framework.jar edit and a build.prop edit that should "fake" galaxy nexus settings to allow more app compatibility...we will see and i will post needed files and instructions when it is proven functional

i am still working on this ...seems the framework.jar is being difficult but i feel confident the build.prop mods will be correct ...did not get much time today for testing but did make some progress... soon it will be ready ;)

btw my mods are based on Leeh33's ubertweak mods over at techknow... i can not take credit for his great effort put into this mod to find a work-around for such devices... my mod is a variation of his proven concept and should work but will not be released until proven stable on my device first...thanks for your patience
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby chesterx » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:01 pm

My unit goes into a suspend mode with the power button on my keyboard. I can turn it on or off but after a certain time it does shutdown on its own. Time still to br determined. I have to cycle unit power and it does a normal bootup. So there is some shutdown coding within the firmware, just have to leave it on long enough.
chesterx

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:41 pm

What keyboard do you have?

When you say suspend mode, does it black you screen, or just freeze?

When you say "I can turn it on or off", please elaborate of what on, off, and it mean :)

When it does shutdown on its own, under what conditions does it do it on its own?
EnvyThisStuff

Postby chesterx » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:54 pm

I have mini fly mouse/keyboard from Aliexpress.
On a power button push the screen blacks out. If I repress after 5 minutes the screen comes right back to where ever I left it. This can be repeated all day long. Now as I never unplug the device after a certain time of non use it turns off. I haven't determined how long this takes but its more than an hour and less than 12 hours. The unit than has to be unplugged for a second and it will reboot.
chesterx

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:19 pm

Thanks chesterx. You know, I can't keep help getting the feeling that there is at least one middleman involved re the manufacturer, or something like that, just certain things are just not adding up.
EnvyThisStuff

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum