MK802 Notebook!

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: MK802 Notebook!

Postby thelastfoiter » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 am

No one... Also what happened to the guy with the 3d printer?
thelastfoiter

Postby andykirby » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:04 pm

hmm I think the 3D part fell by the wayside!

I've finally got around to getting the bits to connect the MK802IIIS to the lapdock which is on charge now :D
andykirby
Site Admin

Postby merikgvr4 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:26 am

Andy any news regarding flash for the lubuntu? Only thing from making this perfect. :mrgreen:
merikgvr4

Postby thelastfoiter » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:25 pm

Hey Andy if you could it would be great if you could post links to the needed cables for the MK802 IIIS to Lapdock configuration, as it's different from the old MK02 which has a female HDMI(?)
thelastfoiter

Postby _wilson_ » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:36 am

I've been trying to get my mk802 iii working with a bioinic lapdock. I've tried a usb 5 pin micro usb extension from ebay as well as this micro USB otg cable from amazon that a guy in another thread suggested
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EJ ... 01_s00_i00

I still haven't been able to get the keyboard and trackpad to work. I can use an external mouse and keyboard, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the lapdock. Anyone else get the mk802 iii to work with a lapdock?
_wilson_

Postby _wilson_ » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:37 am

I've been trying to get my mk802 iii working with a bioinic lapdock. I've tried a usb 5 pin micro usb extension from ebay as well as this micro USB otg cable from amazon that a guy in another thread suggested
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EJ ... 01_s00_i00

I still haven't been able to get the keyboard and trackpad to work. I can use an external mouse and keyboard, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the lapdock. Anyone else get the mk802 iii to work with a lapdock?

Update: Well, I spliced a female micro usb end to a male usb A and connected that between the otg cable and the usb A port on the mk802 iii and it's working, I'm typing on it right now. Still get nothing if I connect to the micro usb port, but I'll take it. Now I just need to replace these crappy chinese hdmi adapters, the screen keeps blanking out every time I move the lapdock.
_wilson_

Postby Anubis » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:45 am

I just got my IIIs today and everything is working fine right out of the box with 0118 and my atrix lapdock. My only issue is I only have 576p/480p for HDMI mode when I connect to the lapdock. I see the 720p/1080p option when I plug into my HDTV Any suggestions?
Anubis

Postby CoriolisSTORM » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:13 pm

I had an Atrix lap dock lying about at the house from my days of actually owning one. I decided to buy some cables off of Amazon to try to make mine work with my 802. (And a Pi here soon I hope!) I bought a micro USB female to Mini USB male adapter so I could plug the 802 straight in that way and reuse my existing HDMI cable and an adapter to make it work. I am still waiting on my HDMI adapter, it IS on a slow boat from China and is due to arrive at the end of the month. On to the crux of my problem, using my 5 pin compatible adapter mentioned above (from Star tech I might add via Amazon), I can not get the 802 to power on. It seems that I may have to short a pin to ground? I'm not sure how I'd do that with an actual adapter...
CoriolisSTORM

Postby gottapitydatfool » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:28 pm

Few quick questions for y'all. I have a lapdock and I'm planning on ordering a mk809 and a "HDMI Male to Micro HDMI Female Adapter".

1. Is the mk809's hdmi port full sized (type a) or mini sized (type b)?

2. Can you plug the mk809 into one of the lapdock's full sized usb ports to receive power and keyboard/touchpad input? Or do you need to use the male usb-mini port?

Thanks for the input and for the great forum.
gottapitydatfool

Postby Dan benDan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:24 pm

I realize that this is a "NUBIE" question but I haven't been able to find the answer on my own.
Why are there two different USB ports?
Why are they different sizes?
Does the MK802 II make a distinction between the between HOST and OTG USB ports?
Does it use these ports differently?
Are there some things that the HOST port can do that the OTG port can not do on the MK802 II ( or visa versa)?
The reason for this question is that I am trying to connect an MK802 II to a Motorola Atrix lapdock that I am already using for a Raspberry Pi B.
I have made a "Y" cable to split the power and data functions to different ports as required for the Rpi use.
The Rpi has 2 USB Standard-A Female connectors for data (HOST) and a USB Micro-B Female connector for power.
My cable terminates in a USB Standard-A Male (with the Red & Black wires cut) for data and a USB Standard-A Female (Red & Black wires only) for power.
I then attach the power connector to a USB Standard-A Male to USB Micro-B Male cable to connect to the Rpi.
I do not understand why the set ups shown here use the OTG port and require OTG cables.
Can I use the same cables that work on the Rpi for the MK801 II using the it's HOST port (USB Standard-A Female) for the lapdock data connection?
Dan benDan

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum