MK802 Notebook!

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: MK802 Notebook!

Postby Dan benDan » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:22 pm

OK, Here3 is what I got working:
I still don't know why the OTG port is used etc. but here is info for anyone interested.

[b]Lapdock USB Micro-B Male USB power/data
USB Micro B Female
cable 1 #U1 (long) power/data USB
USB Micro B Male
USB Micro B Female
Adapter #U2
USB Standard-A Male
RPi USB Standard-A Female USB HOST
cable 2 #U1 (short) power only USB
USB Micro B Male
USB Micro B Female
cable #U3
USB Standard-A Female
USB Standard-A Male
cable #U4
USB mini Male
USB mini Female
USB Charger
USB Standard-A Female
USB Standard-A Male
cable #U5
USB Micro-B Male
RPi USB Micro-B Female USB Power in

Lapdock HDMI Micro-D Male HDMI in
HDMI Micro-D Female
Adapter #H1
HDMI Micro-D Female
HDMI Micro-D Male
Cable #H2RPI
HDMI Standard-A Male
RPi HDMI Standard-A Female HDMI out[/b]

This is the change needed for my MK802 (#H2MK replaces #H2RPi):
HDMI Micro Type D Male
Cable #H2MK
HDMI Standard Type A Female
MK802 HDMI Standard Type A Male HDMI out

1 power & data (long)
2 power only (short)

#U2 hdmihome2010 Item# 130831566492
USB 2.0 A type male to Micro USB B type 5pin female Connector Adapter convertor

#U3 dailyappliance2010 Item# 270798436083
USB 2.0 A female to Micro USB B female adapter cable FF

#U4 All4cellular Item# 310549830294
Duracell Universal Portable Rechargeable Instant USB Charger & Mini-USB Cable
USB Standard-A Male to USB mini Male

#U5 on hand
USB Standard-A Male cable USB Micro-B Male cable #3

#HA1 dailyappliance2010 Item# 280761232832
Micro HDMI Type D Female to Micro HDMI Type D Female Connector Adapter Gold

#H2RPI redtagtown Item# 390332680564
3ft Micro HDMI to HDMI M Converter Cable for Droid X Xoom XT800 HTC EVO 4G Playbook

#H2MK Monoprice Item# unknown
6inch 34AWG High Speed HDMI Cable With Ethernet -
HDMI Micro Connector male to HDMI Connector female - Black
Dan benDan

Postby hellomoto » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:40 am

Hi,
I have been having some issues with my lapdock. Does anyone know how to change the settings for the keyboard and mouse? I cant use my keyboard or the mouse on the lapdock but when I plug in a usb wireless mouse/ keyboard it works fine but the only a set back is that I have to use the pop up keyboard to type things. Any help or pointers would be appreciated. I want to take it to school and stuff with me because it much lighter than my laptop. Thanks for reading/helping!

Sincerely,
Crazian
hellomoto

Postby eduardosmelo » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:01 am

hellomoto wrote:Hi,
I have been having some issues with my lapdock. Does anyone know how to change the settings for the keyboard and mouse? I cant use my keyboard or the mouse on the lapdock but when I plug in a usb wireless mouse/ keyboard it works fine but the only a set back is that I have to use the pop up keyboard to type things. Any help or pointers would be appreciated. I want to take it to school and stuff with me because it much lighter than my laptop. Thanks for reading/helping!

Sincerely,
Crazian

I make it work only with the standard USB port (adapters used). OTG never worked with touchpad and keyboard. Neither micro-USB worked.
eduardosmelo

Postby Saahilj » Sat May 04, 2013 4:24 am

gottapitydatfool wrote:Few quick questions for y'all. I have a lapdock and I'm planning on ordering a mk809 and a "HDMI Male to Micro HDMI Female Adapter".

1. Is the mk809's hdmi port full sized (type a) or mini sized (type b)?

2. Can you plug the mk809 into one of the lapdock's full sized usb ports to receive power and keyboard/touchpad input? Or do you need to use the male usb-mini port?

Thanks for the input and for the great forum.

This is rikomagic mk802 series forum
Saahilj

Postby McMurphy » Wed May 08, 2013 1:22 pm

Hi guys!

I ordered the MK802 III and the lapdock a few days ago and I'm waiting for the stuff to arrive.

To me, it is not quite clear where to plug what, connecting the MK III with the Lapdock (sorry, I read all your posts but somehow I lost track along the way PLUS I'm from germany ;) )

HDMI: I'll use a micro hdmi female to hdmi type a male adapter directly on the micro hdmi plug on the lapdock. From there an hdmi type a male to hdmi type a male connector and then the stock hdmi extend cable. Now, the video signal should work...

USB: I ordered a 5pin female micro USB to male micro USB cable, which I would plug in at the lapdock. But where should I plug that in to the MK802 III? Micro USB / power port? Or to USB Type A via adapter?

Do I need a connection from the lapdock USB (power) to the MK802 III? Do I need to cut the red 5V wire (and if, where would I have to cut it)?

Thanks in advance!

So long
McMurphy
McMurphy

Postby PICOsean » Wed May 08, 2013 5:52 pm

So I just rercieved my mk802 II, it works ok except for needing to be reimaged everytime you use it and reboot.

I also just got my lapdock, and all required adapters to connect the MK802 II to the lapdock. But instead of working it just says Source HDMI : No Signal . . .
but then if I yank the MK802 out of the HDMI on the lapdock and switch it to my TV, it works on the TV, back to the lapdock, still no signal. . .

I found no mention of this bug anywhere, what is most likely the problem? Bad adapters, bad ROM, internal component flaws within the lapdock?

I have no idea, please help
PICOsean

Postby djerbn » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:53 am

I found this on the raspberry pi... I'm assuming it would work for this application as well.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 6&p=272789 :D
djerbn

Postby thelastfoiter » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:27 pm

So I found a way to keep your rikomagic's powered on while the lid is closed! You need a charging pack like is shown here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guwTeYt6o6E So the charger is wired to the micro usb on the lapdock, in turn providing power to the charger. The charger is then plugged into the rikomagic, powing it even when the lid is closed! Hope you update the Rikomagic lapdock thread with this info and here is a link to a compatible charger. http://www.ebay.com/itm/DURACELL-RECHAR ... 53f406aa6d
Hope this helps! (I don't take credit, It's all the guy in the youtube video's)

P.S. What are all the needed cords and connecters for the Rikomagic IV? This thread is super cluttered and impossible to find info...
thelastfoiter

Postby thelastfoiter » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:04 am

No Reply.. HOW LONG MUST I WAIT!!!??
thelastfoiter

Previous

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum