Has anyone received their MK802 yet?

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: Has anyone received their MK802 yet?

Postby tripko » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:56 pm

andykirby wrote:Has anyone taken delivery of their MK802 yet?

I ordered mine on the 22nd of May and received confirmation that order is in process (Jun 2nd). I will let you know my experience
on this tiny system

:)
tripko

Postby nspiccia » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:29 pm

thanks mate! let me know :D
nspiccia

Postby rpcameron » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:57 am

I ordered mine 15 May, it shipped out of China 29 May, was at LAX on Thurs 31 May, and the post office had it here Tues 5 June.

Was able to get it set up today, but there are a few issues with the device, but nothing that can't be worked around or fixed later. The most glaring one is, though, that it reports itself as a phone to the market, so you only see phone versions of the apps, and the tablet versions are shown as being incompatible ...
rpcameron

Postby nspiccia » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:44 am

rpcameron wrote: The most glaring one is, though, that it reports itself as a phone to the market, so you only see phone versions of the apps, and the tablet versions are shown as being incompatible ...

Could this be fixed by modifying the build.prop?
nspiccia

Postby rpcameron » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:14 pm

nspiccia wrote:
rpcameron wrote: The most glaring one is, though, that it reports itself as a phone to the market, so you only see phone versions of the apps, and the tablet versions are shown as being incompatible ...

Could this be fixed by modifying the build.prop?

I haven't connected it to my computer yet to check if root access is enabled via ADB. If so, I imagine changing the build.prop to report itself as something else (such as a tablet like the Galaxy Tab or Transformer) would be helpful. Of course, there is still the issue some ICS apps not showing up as available, like Chrome, instead of just wanting to offer the phone version, like Quickoffice.
rpcameron

Postby nspiccia » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:50 pm

rpcameron wrote:I haven't connected it to my computer yet to check if root access is enabled via ADB. If so, I imagine changing the build.prop to report itself as something else (such as a tablet like the Galaxy Tab or Transformer) would be helpful. Of course, there is still the issue some ICS apps not showing up as available, like Chrome, instead of just wanting to offer the phone version, like Quickoffice.

Root explorer works, you could try that.. if it does let me know.

BTW: Could you possibly upload or just copy the text from system/etc/vold.fstab ? I think i've buggered mine up by trying to install busybox. Im still waiting on an official firmware file.
nspiccia

Postby earedien » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:52 pm

After resetting the device, my internal memory is displaying 0 Bytes and none of my settings have been saved. The manual states to come to the website to get the firmware files to be able to fix the issue. I am also not able to download or install any app from the market. Any help would be appriciated.
earedien

Postby rpcameron » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:16 pm

nspiccia wrote:
rpcameron wrote:I haven't connected it to my computer yet to check if root access is enabled via ADB. If so, I imagine changing the build.prop to report itself as something else (such as a tablet like the Galaxy Tab or Transformer) would be helpful. Of course, there is still the issue some ICS apps not showing up as available, like Chrome, instead of just wanting to offer the phone version, like Quickoffice.

Root explorer works, you could try that.. if it does let me know.

BTW: Could you possibly upload or just copy the text from system/etc/vold.fstab ? I think i've buggered mine up by trying to install busybox. Im still waiting on an official firmware file.

When I get home this evening I'll see what I can get. I'll take a look at the FS, and possibly do a pull of /system. One nice thing I noticed was that most of the added Chinese apps were not part of the /system/app hierarchy, and instead in /data/app, therefore they could be uninstalled instead of merely disabled.
rpcameron

Postby andykirby » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Guys, Michelle, the engineering dept and I had a long conversation about the firmware this morning. I requested the firmware IMG files as a matter of urgency so we can get it on this site ASAP. Right now they are working on some recovery software and a standard firmware file so we have a way of refreshing our devices if we need to. I will keep on at them until this happens!

If someone can do a /system pull or copy the file to help earedien out that would be great.
andykirby
Site Admin

Got mine yesterday!

Postby rolyansirhc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:09 am

Using it right now!
rolyansirhc

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum