Recovery

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Recovery

Postby chesterx » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:23 pm

When using a HDTV for a monitor and a fly mouse/keyboard there is no way to make a selection while in recovery mode. I can scroll thru selections but no combo of keys or mouse vlicks will select the item. A new recovery like CWM or 4ext would be nice. How else can you flash a new ROM or kernal?
chesterx

Re: Recovery

Postby Otacon » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Looks like the kernel is a derivative of allwinner a10 tablets. So the recovery assumpts that you have got some physical buttons! Still I haven't installed Clockwork Recovery because I don't know if this could brick the device! Still waiting for further releases! The OS is still poor!
Otacon

Postby chesterx » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:16 pm

I have tried seveal versions of CWM SPECIFICALLY FOR AN A10 processor and so far none have worked. The unit will not boot up, however flashing the original firmware has corrected the problem and has not bricked the device. The search continues....You are correct in that it is looking for tablet/phone buttons to use recovery. Mouse is inop in recovery and I've tried dozens of keypad combos to try to select a choice to no avail.
chesterx

Postby Otacon » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:57 pm

No-one will work: when you boot up your Device, the linux kernel will load all the drivers. In recovery mode there is no kernel and no drivers.
Latest CWM support loading drivers (or something similar)
Otacon

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum