Preorder your MK802IV Quad Core now!

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: Preorder your MK802IV Quad Core now!

Postby monkeybiz » Sun May 19, 2013 3:36 am

Hi, just joined to post how excited I am to get this MK802 IV after a lot of research. I just ordered at geekbuying, it just came in stock yesterday so hope it ships soon. I recently got hooked on the MK808B but it had problems so I spent a bit more for a name brand w/quad core. I usually hang with Slickdeals and cracksmokingmonkeys (CSM clan) but hope I can contribute something here.
monkeybiz

Postby wololo » Sun May 19, 2013 12:19 pm

Can you describe the issues you had with the MK808B? In my experience (mostly hardware build quality?), except for a few tiny differences, these devices are roughly all the same. I chose rikomagic as well because I'd rather install their updates on the "real" devices and there's close to no price difference, but with the MK802 IV being delayed by almost a month, and with the competition already here, I'm starting to regret my choice to trust rikomagic.
Review of the MK802 IV - Review of the MK802 III - Review of the air mouse MK702 II
My list of 10 "Must Have" apps for your Android TV (2014 edition)
Tutorial: watch Netflix outside of the US (this method works way better than VPN!)
wololo

Postby colinjmatt » Sun May 19, 2013 3:27 pm

Just got my confirmation with DHL that it has now despatched!
colinjmatt

Postby monkeybiz » Sun May 19, 2013 9:08 pm

wololo wrote:Can you describe the issues you had with the MK808B? In my experience (mostly hardware build quality?), except for a few tiny differences, these devices are roughly all the same. I chose rikomagic as well because I'd rather install their updates on the "real" devices and there's close to no price difference, but with the MK802 IV being delayed by almost a month, and with the competition already here, I'm starting to regret my choice to trust rikomagic.

sure but it was rather boneheaded on my part, not the fault of the MK808B. I read that it could use a better power supply and without thinking I tried an iGo Green switching wall wart and perhaps it was overpowered at 5v. Anyway it was great while it lasted but a bit slow for my tastes especially seeing how well the quad core performs. I'm really new to this scene but looking forward to the possibilities with Miracast among other things in the Android 4.2 slated for March 25th (?). A lot of potential for the new Rikomagic remote MK702 II mentioned here http://liliputing.com/2013/03/rikomagic ... d-4-2.html although I do have a nice Vizio Bluetooth remote with qwerty I'd like to try. I was tempted to wait for the Quyo cube so this will do for now until that sorts itself out in a month or two. I've also only recently discovered how cool my new Roku 2 XD is with the latest software. Was going to cut the cord but Directv and Century link gave me some loyalty love. Now I'm blabbering too much already. :)
monkeybiz

Postby twjordo » Sun May 19, 2013 10:33 pm

please help keep the forum clean and on-topic ;) you may start a new topic to ramble or compare devices :ugeek: Thanks!
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby monkeybiz » Mon May 20, 2013 12:19 am

twjordo wrote:please help keep the forum clean and on-topic ;) you may start a new topic to ramble or compare devices :ugeek: Thanks!

No kidding, my apologies, forgot to answer the original question. :oops: Must be the ADHD, always need to edit after the fact. The MK808B was going to black screen often and randomly. The good news is I just hooked it up to my secondary display and it seems to be okay now. I believe the erratic behavior was just a loose HDMI connection. I suspected that but I really wanted this new Rikomagic anyway. I'll just migrate the MK808B to the back room so I can stream Directv app when the new MK802IV arrives. I'm running out of outlets here!

I almost bought others until I saw the Rikomagic. It seemed like many of the other new sticks were rushed out to market with bugs and all. It seems the Riko dudes took their time launching a stable product. Now I can be more patient with the geekbuying shipping since I have my android apps back on the big screen.
monkeybiz

Postby mikif100 » Mon May 20, 2013 5:42 am

Has anyone already received the device???

How long it takes to get the device?

Who can I ask?
mikif100

Postby mikif100 » Mon May 20, 2013 6:55 am

HI,

I made an Preoreder, and got Confirmation of Payment.
it was made on 2/5/2013.
but didnt got tracking number :?
who can i know is it has been sent? or will be sent?

pls help

thx

miki
mikif100

Postby Sebb77 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:02 am

Hi All,

first post here :D

Does anyone knows if the 16Gb will be available soon and, if it is already available, did someone managed to order it from somewhere? Cloudsto doesn't seem to have it.

Something else I would like to know is would it be possible to use the sd card for storing applications? Lot of Android devices (such as my SGS3 :evil: ) do not allow to store android apps in the sd card. Is this the case of MK802?

Thank you a lot :)
Sebb77

Postby Sebb77 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:50 am

Hi All,

This is my first post here :D
Just want to ask a couple of questions regarding the MK802 IV. When will the 16Gb be available? I found a couple of posts and articles about the device which mention this version and I even found one on ebay, but it doesn't seem to be legit, since the product name mentions the 16Gb version, whilst the product description says 8Gb. Cloudsto website does not have it yet. Did someone actually managed to ordered a 16Gb version? and if yes, from where?

Something else, most android devices do not allow to install Apps on the SD card (such as my SGS3). Is this the case for this MK802 as well? I didn't find anything mentioning this on the forum or online.

Thanks a lot for all the help :D
Sebb77

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum