Connection problem / can't add any account

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Connection problem / can't add any account

Postby peterbeeonline » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:54 am

I just got my MK802 but have a serious problem. As soon as I connect my device with my wifi-network, the device shows a sign that it is connected, but I can't get any data. When I try to add any Google account, the device tells me that there is a 'inreliable data connection, that my SIM card might cause this problem and that I should contact the customer service of my provider'. Also after this, my other computers in my network are not able to get any internet data. So maybe it has something to do with my router, but what? I already tried to change the DNS of the MK802 to Google DNS, but that did not make any difference. Is there anyone who can help me to solve this?
peterbeeonline

Re: Connection problem / can't add any account

Postby andykirby » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:48 am

Hi, sorry you are having trouble.
If the problem is happening with other computers on your network then it's likely a problem with the network.

I would advise turning off the mk802 and then trying to get your network problems resolved then once you have that working try the mk802 again.

It would be a good idea to do a complete power cycle of your wireless router to see if that resolves the problem with your network.

Let me know how you get on.

Andy
andykirby
Site Admin

Postby peterbeeonline » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:31 pm

Unfortunately that's not the solution, I tried this many times. Even re-installed my router, same problem. It looks like the MK802 blocks my internet connection, but how? Also reinstalled the firmware of the MK802, no effect.
peterbeeonline

Postby twinspark » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:05 pm

I feel fairly sure there's a pattern emerging here.

It might be worth taking a look at my post here: http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64 as well as these two: -

http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61
http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76

I think we might all be experiencing the same problem?
twinspark

Postby kf9ug » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:10 pm

I have the same connection problem as you wrote about but it isn't causing problems with my wireless network. I also have this problem when I've connected my MK802 II via an external USB ethernet adapter. What's weird to me is that I am able to ping my MK802 II from other computers on my LAN without any issues at all. However when I try to add an account or browse the 'net, I seem to have no internet connectivity. This occurs despite the fact I have internet connectivity on the rest of my LAN, including my Galaxy Nexus connected wirelessly to my router.

I have rebooted my MK802 II multiple times and changes all sorts of settings to try and get it to work to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem right out of the box like I am having?

Thanks,

Michael
kf9ug

Postby pope_acute » Wed May 22, 2013 8:18 pm

kf9ug wrote:I have the same connection problem as you wrote about but it isn't causing problems with my wireless network. I also have this problem when I've connected my MK802 II via an external USB ethernet adapter. What's weird to me is that I am able to ping my MK802 II from other computers on my LAN without any issues at all. However when I try to add an account or browse the 'net, I seem to have no internet connectivity. This occurs despite the fact I have internet connectivity on the rest of my LAN, including my Galaxy Nexus connected wirelessly to my router.

I have rebooted my MK802 II multiple times and changes all sorts of settings to try and get it to work to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem right out of the box like I am having?

Thanks,

Michael

I just got a mk806 from alibabaexpress everything appears ok, but having the exact same issues as you have described. Connect to my wifi strong connection gets correct ip, can ping it from other devices on network. But just cant browse or register gmail account, or pull data. rebooted a number of times. I can see it on my router wifi status. anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT 22/05/13: got internet working but it was turning my galaxy s3 into a portable wifi spot and connecting dongle that way no issues, this seems to point to router issues maybe?
pope_acute

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum