MK802+ always starts in the factory reset state

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

MK802+ always starts in the factory reset state

Postby olsei » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:43 am

Hello,
after I used some storage optimizing app and the device reboot, my entire internal memory is full. A factory reset was successful, but the error remained - zero internal storage free. Since then the device starts constantly in the factory reset, although I have it turned off just normal. Due there no free memory is available, I can not install apps from the store, and a restore with Titanium is only possible if they are installing on sdcard. Root is not available.
I have now tried a new firmware flash 100x and more, but the process does not start with Livesuit. My fingers hurt from pressing the reset button... Also to try a recovery with PhoenixCard does not work.
I also tried to port a Ubuntu to sdcard with DiskImage Writer 32, but this will not boot too.
Anyway - if the sdcard is inserted, and it contains an active image, the device will not boot, no matter what image, or if I press the reset button - or not. Only after I removed the sdcard, the device boots into factory reset status and with zero free memory.
Now I am at the end with my wits and do not know more what I can do. Can anyone help or has an idea to break this cycle?
Many thanks in advance: Olaf
olsei

Re: MK802+ always starts in the factory reset state

Postby aleph » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi!

I recently face the same problem with device "REKO 802 MINIPC" which is A10S based.
at first it was working almost "fine" including very poor video playback. but after something it start to always boot in reset mode, with no free space to install app.
here what I've done to fix it:

1. download MK802 II recovery/update by short circuit method(121120) from here http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/support.html
2. open downloaded archive. there is a manual with pictures how to start it so that pc will recognzie the device (you have open device and short 2 contacts prior to turn it on). livesuite also included.
3. open the device.
4. start the device as it's said in manual (your computer must detect new device)
5. install livesuit drivers (this might be tricky depending on windows version for windows 8 see here http://www.craftedge.com/tutorials/driver_install_windows8/driver_install_win8.html )
this might be enough to start livesuit and burn firmware. i.e. launch livesuit choose firmware file and press "system upgrade".
but in my case I receive error "no device needs upgrade!" if this is your case go to next step.
6. connect power to device using power connector (I suggest you should connect it to pc if you have power cable with usb connector on one end), without disconnecting usb
7. disconnect usb from device
8. connect usb to device while holding reset button pressed.
in my case livesuit instantly show new window asking the way I want to perform firmware upgrade (I choose normal mode)

I used firmware file A10s_v1.6_2_432110.img wich I think I downloaded from here http://yadi.sk/d/qjGFEHGt9tVuP an it looks like exactly the same as stock firmware.

please be aware that you might have a different cpu but you will see wich one is used since you have to open device.
aleph

Postby ride001 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:54 pm

this works for mk802 a10s?
ride001

Postby aleph » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:42 am

ride001 wrote:this works for mk802 a10s?

yes at least with the one I have. it's a10s based.
aleph

Postby aleph » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:42 am

ride001 wrote:this works for mk802 a10s?

yes. with mine mk802 with a10s. not sure about many others.
p.s. it's with rtl8189es wifi
aleph

Postby bevlin761 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:59 am

I have one too
bevlin761

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum