USB HDD sharing via mini usb?

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

USB HDD sharing via mini usb?

Postby Daniel78 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:24 pm

I have MK802 connected to TV (Panasonic TX-P50GT60) via HDMI, USB OTG port is connected to self powered USB HUB. I have also external HDD Adata Classic CH11 1TB USB 3.0 formated as NTFS (because of large files) which is connected to same USB HUB and MK802 see HDD with all files and folders and plays movies from it.

Is it possible and how to connect second USB (mini USB) from MK802 to TV so the TV see external HDD as USB Storage and access all files and folders on it?

I have tryed to connect cable, but TV only detects new USB device named Android and display it in USB Device list but that new device is not displayed in Media Player so I can not access the files.

I guess I need to mount external HDD or something on MK802, so I have tryed some apps like OTG helper, Paragon NTFS, etc. but still no success. I have tryed with and without enabled option USB Storage on MK802.

Reason why I want to connect like this is because Media Player on TV is easy to use so my grandpa can watch videos without my help (he can not learn how to play via MK802) and on another side MK802 reads many more formats so if I connect HDD directly to TV then TVs Media Player see and plays movies from HDD but the MK802 is without library then and I must always recconnect it to MK802 and vice versa. I have tryed also DLNA over WLAN but I have some issues when playing videos like slow motion, blocking etc.

I would appreciate if someone can help me and my grandpa ;)
Daniel78

Re: USB HDD sharing via mini usb?

Postby bevlin761 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:00 pm

Ya I do have the same problem. What is your suggestion. Can you help me in this?
bevlin761

Re: USB HDD sharing via mini usb?

Postby Daniel78 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:48 pm

bevlin761 wrote:Ya I do have the same problem. What is your suggestion. Can you help me in this?

I am still looking for solution :( Maybe is the best to buy second USB HDD and use one for MiniPC and second for TV. :(
Daniel78

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum