DroidMote on MK802

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: DroidMote on MK802

Postby gaiden2k7 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:50 pm

i have a MK802+ (1gb model), seller said it's not rooted (is that true? just want to confirm) i was messing with it the first day i got it and installed SU and Busybox... i dont think they are working.. last night i followed the instruction to the dot (get the pc to correctly recognize the device then flash the new rom but Droidmote still not working, how do i check the MK802+ for any indicator that it's 'correctly' rooted? Busybox suggest that it can not update b/c this device may not have rooted correctly (something like that). it would be much appreciated if anyone could tell me how to get the DroidMote (and SU for that matter) to work correctly on my MK802+

thanks
SGS2 - CM9 Nightly | ATV2 - XBMC | MK802+ - in progress..
gaiden2k7

Postby twjordo » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:01 am

gaiden2k7 wrote:i have a MK802+ (1gb model), seller said it's not rooted (is that true? just want to confirm) i was messing with it the first day i got it and installed SU and Busybox... i dont think they are working.. last night i followed the instruction to the dot (get the pc to correctly recognize the device then flash the new rom but Droidmote still not working, how do i check the MK802+ for any indicator that it's 'correctly' rooted? Busybox suggest that it can not update b/c this device may not have rooted correctly (something like that). it would be much appreciated if anyone could tell me how to get the DroidMote (and SU for that matter) to work correctly on my MK802+

thanks

here is a sure way to test root....
download a terminal emulator and when it is opened you will see a $ symbol...type "su" without the " " then tic enter and if the $ symbol changes to a # symbol then you have root

there are several sites from which you can get the droidmote rom and i did manage to get it somewhat working on some of my devices but i think we that have the 1gb ram model need a different version to flash to our devices... here is the version i got to work but had issues with the keyboard https://dl.miniand.com/zulu99/upload/mk ... idmote.img and i used the instructions available via youtube video to correspond with the written instructions from miniand.com... remember your server device must be rooted but root is not required for the client device...also you may want to try a different password for both devices...upon testing you can change the pword to anything but must match on both devices... and both devices must be operating on the same wifi also ...good luck :ugeek:

please specify the device you are trying to use for a client for droidmote ;) for not all devices can operate as client ...if your device has mips processor then it can not be a client ... let us know and we will try to help you sort this out ;)
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby zulu99 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:58 am

i'm the developer of droidmote, i want explain same thinks:

i have made a special version of droidmote server free for lubuntu 12.04 images but it can work in all linux arm images.
Fow now this special version is included in the image made by the owner of miniand.com at this address:
https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/2/topics/1

this is a little video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9clUDFQqDo

Suggest you download the version at 720p the 1080p vesion slow down the device.

will soon be available .deb package, you can install on other images

Rikomagic have the permission to insert droidmote Linux server in its rom.

For now the password on the miniand.com image is miniand but you can change this in /etc/rc.local/ (this is the file where droidmote start at boot)

Droidmote server is avaiable for:
Android arm and x86
Windows x32 and x64
Linux x86 and x64 and arm

The simulation features touch events, are present also in Linux but the windows manager of linux for now not support well multitouch.
For a best experience on multitouch functions try the android and windows versions.
zulu99

Postby twjordo » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:02 pm

@ zulu99

i thank you for your hard work and great support for this device as we have previously chatted via e-mail a few times... i do have a question for you please sir -

is there a different version need for the mk802 1gb ram model ??? and have you tested your app on the 1gb ram model ???

thank-you sir for your great work and response --- twjordo
mk802IV w/ mk702IIair mouse ~ mk802+ 1gb ram 4 gb storage ~ mk802II 1gb ram 4gb storage ~ mk802IIIs 1gb ram 8gb storage with 4port usb running wireless mouse/kboard and red samurai bt gaming controller ~ mk808b 1gb ram 8gb storage
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:10 pm

gaiden2k7 wrote:i have a MK802+ (1gb model), seller said it's not rooted (is that true? just want to confirm)....

The MK802+ definitely comes pre-rooted, unless the seller changed it in some way(s).
Run into a problem? Need ***Mini PC/MK802 services***?
(installing firmware, installing LINUX, getting/setting up SD cards, etc)
Contact us! http://www.EnvyThisStuff.com
EnvyThisStuff

Postby zulu99 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:48 pm

twjordo wrote:@ zulu99

i thank you for your hard work and great support for this device as we have previously chatted via e-mail a few times... i do have a question for you please sir -

is there a different version need for the mk802 1gb ram model ??? and have you tested your app on the 1gb ram model ???

i tested it on 1GB and 512 MB models. the ram for droidmote is not important. droidmote work very well on mk802.
for the future, I would like just a little more power from mk802, perhaps with improved roms.
zulu99

Postby chesterx » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:02 pm

It does work well!
chesterx

Postby twjordo » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:26 am

zulu99 wrote:
twjordo wrote:@ zulu99

i tested it on 1GB and 512 MB models. the ram for droidmote is not important. droidmote work very well on mk802.
for the future, I would like just a little more power from mk802, perhaps with improved roms.
check out TechKnow
twjordo

Postby efx_9 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:41 pm

My MK802 (1GB) came rooted from factory. I have titanium backup and SManager installed and both report the device is rooted.
efx_9

Postby twjordo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:33 am

i got droidmote working flawlessly with my mk802 :D
check out TechKnow
twjordo

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum