Hiding Status Bar

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Hiding Status Bar

Postby KEgg » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:58 pm

Ain't it a pain that the likes of Netflix has the Status Bar showing while you're watching, and that your video is not displaying at full screen? After a hunt around I finally came across this gem of an APK.

http://ppareit.github.com/HideBar/

Hide Bar is still work in progress when it comes to ICS, but it works none the less.

Make sure that you have updated BusyBox to the latest version, as the one shipped with MK802 wont let Hide Bar do its job.

Only issue I have found is that I'm unable to unhide the bar easily.. Best method was to stop the service.

Perhaps if we all donate to the development we could all suggest a widget would be the best thing for the app.

If there are other alternatives out there, please add them to this discussion.

Cheers all
Last edited by KEgg on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KEgg

Re: Hiding Status Bar

Postby KEgg » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:45 pm

Quick Update..

Been in contact with Pieter (the developer) and have resolved the issues with the app.

All works perfectly

enjoy!
KEgg

Postby Otacon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:27 pm

KEgg wrote:Quick Update..

Been in contact with Pieter (the developer) and have resolved the issues with the app.

All works perfectly

enjoy!

How to update busybox?
Otacon

Postby KEgg » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:09 am

Otacon wrote:
How to update busybox?

BusyBox that comes loaded on the MK802 has no gui/shortcut for it as far as I can tell. Download the app from Google.play ....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox&hl=en ... download

open app.. it will show you what version the MK802 is currently using... think it was around 1.8.. It will also show the latest version to install.. tell it to do a smart upgrade, and it should be good to go.
KEgg

Postby Otacon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:16 am

KEgg wrote:open app.. it will show you what version the MK802 is currently using... think it was around 1.8.. It will also show the latest version to install.. tell it to do a smart upgrade, and it should be good to go.

Thanks ;)
Otacon

Postby avecore » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:06 am

Hi

I can't get the Hide Bar app to work.
Have installed busybox and have checked if my MK802 is rooted, it is. I have testet it in firmware v2 and is now running the uberoid. Still not working :cry:

The app tells me my device is not rooted... :evil:

I need to remove the status bar because I am planing on using the MK802 as a Digital Signage player.
avecore

Postby avecore » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:36 am

Hi

I can't get the Hide Bar app to work.
Have installed busybox and have checked if my MK802 is rooted, it is. I have testet it in firmware v2 and is now running the uberoid. Still not working :cry:

The app tells me my device is not rooted... :evil:

I need to remove the status bar because I am planing on using the MK802 as a Digital Signage player.
avecore

Postby ppareit » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:28 pm

With the help of some forum members, the latest version now works well with the MK802. Thanks Carlo and Marcus.

HideBar can be found at github (http://ppareit.github.com/HideBar/) or at the Android Market (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... it.hidebar).
ppareit

Postby ppareit » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:30 pm

@KEgg Your request for an widget has been honourer in the latest version :-)
ppareit

Postby kerwin » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:28 am

Looks good. THX!
Stray birds of summer come to my window to sing and fly away.
oakley sunglasses
And yellow leaves of autumn, which have no songs, flutter and fall there with a sign.
kerwin

Next

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum